2011 Rebuilding Year?

wardly

not to get ahead of myself, but will 2011 be a rebuilding year for our head foot ball coach, whoever he is? i think we have about 23 seniors on this team,which is 1st or 2nd in belt, and are still picked next to last in conference play by most pollsters. this doesn't say much for the quality of this class, or t.d.'s recruiting.am i missing something here?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

not to get ahead of myself, but will 2011 be a rebuilding year for our head foot ball coach, whoever he is? i think we have about 23 seniors on this team,which is 1st or 2nd in belt, and are still picked next to last in conference play by most pollsters. this doesn't say much for the quality of this class, or t.d.'s recruiting.am i missing something here?

I seem to remember seeing something recently that NT has 5 open ships based on Maximimun ships...it will be interesting to see who gets those ships...who transfers...Nt has been so good obtaining late transfer players

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I am not sure you can rebuild after an awful season, so lets hope NT is in rebuilding mode next year. The truth is in a lots of ways, this year is a do or die season for the Green. Not only because of the Dodge situation but because this is an older experienced team and NT will lose a lot of players this year. Likely starters that will have to be replaced Santiago, Gill, Drake, J. Jackson, Ross, Tune, Atkisson, K. Jackson, Penson, Robertson and Smith. Add to that seasoned reserves in Outlaw, Lott, Mosley, Weber, Gordon, Neal, Owusa-Heming, Desoto and Johnson are seniors, and it is obvious that NT is going to have to once again hit the juco ranks next year. This is the problem with too much reliance on jucos, there are just not the the numbers of underclassmen available to restock the team.

Edited by GrandGreen

I am not sure you can rebuild after an awful season, so lets hope NT is in rebuilding mode next year. The truth is in a lots of ways, this year is a do or die season for the Green. Not only because of the Dodge situation but because this is an older experienced team and NT will lose a lot of players this year. Likely starters that will have to be replaced Santiago, Gill, Drake, J. Jackson, Ross, Tune, Atkisson, K. Jackson, Penson, Robertson and Smith. Add to that seasoned reserves in Outlaw, Lott, Mosley, Weber, Gordon, Neal, Owusa-Heming, Desoto and Johnson are seniors, and it is obvious that NT is going to have to once again hit the juco ranks next year. This is the problem with too much reliance on jucos, there are just not the the numbers of underclassmen available to restock the team.

One difference between you and me is that I always look on the positive things that happen, not the bad things.

Last year NT had 5 transfers and 2 are still listed on our current roster...LB Julian Herron from SMU (5* rating by Max Emfinger 2* by Rivals coming out out HS) and WR Tyler Stradford from University of Oklahoma (3*by Rivals coming out of HS) Both will get playing time this year...

Another thing NT is good at is late recruiting well after signing day has passed. Last year:

1. OG Keenan Flax, 2. SDE La Christopher Anyiam, Allen HS, 3. JC LB Sean January Scottsdale AZ CC and 4. DE KC OBI from Mission Hills CA...who played last year. Flax, Anyiam and January as well as OBI are all still on the roster. All 4 are quality signees.

This year NT already sined a late Tight end..Tanner Smith from FW Nolan HS.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

One difference between you and me is that I always look on the positive things that happen, not the bad things.

Last year NT had 5 transfers and 2 are still listed on our current roster...LB Julian Herron from SMU (5* rating by Max Emfinger 2* by Rivals coming out out HS) and WR Tyler Stradford from University of Oklahoma (3*by Rivals coming out of HS) Both will get playing time this year...

Another thing NT is good at is late recruiting well after signing day has passed. Last year:

1. OG Keenan Flax, 2. SDE La Christopher Anyiam, Allen HS, 3. JC LB Sean January Scottsdale AZ CC and 4. DE KC OBI from Mission Hills CA...who played last year. Flax, Anyiam and January as well as OBI are all still on the roster. All 4 are quality signees.

This year NT already sined a late Tight end..Tanner Smith from FW Nolan HS.

Not sure what this is about, but it sure is not my post.

I'm not sure what would be considered a rebuilding year. We should have at least 6 starters returning on both offense and defense in 2011.

Offense:

Running back, 3 wide receivers, center, guard

Quarterback, if Thompson becomes starter

Defense:

2 defensive ends, linebacker, 2 corners, safety

Due to the heavy influx of JC/CC players there will be a large number of seniors in 2011 also but there may still be a great deal of quality left to start 2012.