Any New College Football Uniforms For 2010

pogWo4life

New NC helmet(3) and uniform options:

http://www.nikeblog.com/2010/04/20/new-unc-football-uniforms-for-2010-season/

New Virginia uniforms (not a major change):

http://www.nikeblog.com/2010/04/09/new-university-of-virgina-football-uniforms/

Florida State all-white uniform and helmet vs. OU :

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/4/21/1435222/florida-state-to-unveil-new-all

Kansas helmet (removed the red stripe) and removed names off back of jersey..jayhawk logo instead:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=72308

• 9 months later...

i would love a return to the green helmet. the further removed from the southlake carroll knock-offs we had under todd dodge, the better. i loved the uniforms they had right before they changed them when dodge took over. the only thing i would want to keep from the dodge era is the shift to kelly green instead of the previous forest green. with all of this in mind though, i'd REALLY like for them to just pick a uniform look and stick to it.

whatever they do, i really hope they keep the black to a minimum. it's okay as trim and outlines, but if they ever unveil an all black uniform, i'm turning in my sanity card. i hate that so many teams are shoving black down everyone's throats by needlessly shoe-horning it into their uniforms (i.e. washington, florida state, virginia tech). it doesn't look tough, it looks stupid. it looks very "here and now". in fact, i'm personally getting REALLY tired of so many college football programs tricking up their uniforms constantly (i'm looking at you, oregon). it's truly dizzying to try to keep up with. nike is ruining college football uniforms one program at a time.

when are they going to get it through their heads that the best uniforms in all sports are the ones that rarely, if ever change (and when and/or if they do, it's usually very subtle)?

football: UT, OU, TAMU, USC, UCLA, nebraska, penn state, wisconsin, michigan, ohio state, alabama, auburn, LSU, georgia, notre dame, dallas cowboys, pittsburgh steelers, chicago bears, new orleans saints, oakland raiders, kansas city chiefs, green bay packers, indianapolis colts, cleveland browns.

baseball: new york yankees, detroit tigers, atlanta braves, st. louis cardinals, LA dodgers, SF giants, boston red sox, chicago cubs, baltimore orioles.

basketball: boston celtics, LA lakers, chicago bulls.

hockey: chicago blackhawks, detroit redwings, new york rangers, boston bruins, toronto maple leafs, pittsburgh penguins, motreal canadiens, philadelphis flyers.

the one thing that most of these franchises/programs have in common is that they are some of the most storied, tradition-rich in their respective sports. tradition is more intimidating than a "tough" looking uniform any day. you know you've done it right if you design a uniform that still looks good 50 years from now.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to lose the player's name on the back of the jersey. That's why we have numbers on jerseys. Besides the name on the front of the jersey is more important. Just don't put anything besides a number on the back.

GO MEAN GREEN

This is the reasoning from HC at other schools. If we do not put the last names on the back of the uniforms, fans will have to buy programs to know who the players are therefore the school makes more money.

• Upvote 2