Nt To Host Uta Tuesday Nov. 30

NT80

UT ARLINGTON – Allen Adams has left and has been replaced by former Indiana player Andrae Patterson. The Mavericks aren’t in any tournaments and have non-conference road games at North Texas (11-30), Louisiana Tech (12-18), Texas Tech (12-22), Kansas (12-29) and at Arkansas (12-31). No one is transferring in or out of the program.

• Upvote 2

Excellent!!!!! Tuesday night...students back from Thanksgiving...should be a packed house!:blink:

This will also be the next game after our victory over KSU in football. Perhaps we could work some football team recognition in as well as our formal bowl invite if it doesn't come right after the football game.

We now play UTA and Tech at home and play Kansas and LSU on the road. I was told that the schedule will come out as soon as we find 2 more games to play. This is going to be a good bball year and we will have a chance to be a 12 or higher in the 2011 tourney.

We now play UTA and Tech at home and play Kansas and LSU on the road. I was told that the schedule will come out as soon as we find 2 more games to play. This is going to be a good bball year and we will have a chance to be a 12 or higher in the 2011 tourney.

With the expanded field, I am thinking very few schools outside the Power leagues will get seeds above a 13. Sure it'll happen - but 13 is the new 12, which is where WKU was seeded their last two trips.

With the expanded field, I am thinking very few schools outside the Power leagues will get seeds above a 13. Sure it'll happen - but 13 is the new 12, which is where WKU was seeded their last two trips.

Yep, every expansion of the tourney just means lower seeds for those not in the Big 6, with the Gonzaga exceptions, of course.

Hated to see the expansion. No need to mess with perfection.

I don't like the UTA series, only because they always play us tough, no matter the talent differential. I fear the hit to the RPI.

I forgot about that. Is the tourney expanding in 2010-11?

Yep, every expansion of the tourney just means lower seeds for those not in the Big 6, with the Gonzaga exceptions, of course.

Hated to see the expansion. No need to mess with perfection.

I don't like the UTA series, only because they always play us tough, no matter the talent differential. I fear the hit to the RPI.

The OOC games are to get you ready for conference play. Ill take a tough game with an inferior squad and take a rpi hit then a game in Boise.

I'm a huge fan of the series, and always enjoyed UNT coming to Arlington back in the 80's in the SLC days. If I understand correctly, the following season will be our first in the new arena...good timing for the UTA-UNT series since that would put it back in Arlington in 2011-2012. With average attendance around 800-900 per game, I'm guess our athletic department doesn't have a ton of money to pay for opponents to come to play us (and the fact noone wants to play at Texas Hall) but it will be interesting to see if we can host a Baylor, TCU, New Mexico, etc. to play us at home the first season. And actually, I think the "home court" advantage we've enjoyed on the stage all these years will probably disappear and take a season or two to develop for the Mavericks in the new facility. It'll probably feel like playing in a neutral court the first half of the season, although I'm sure some of the crowds might be 2000-3000 with folks wanting to see the new arena.

Edited by utamav91

I have to say...as a mean green fan...last season's game on THE STAGE at UTA was an aboslute blast...double OT and the crowd really into it....probably almost 50/50 fan wise and it was NUTS in their...the stage had a unique atmosphere, and what it lacked in comfort it made up for in uniqueness...plus this rivalry seems really strong right now.

I have enjoyed the UTA/NT series for many years. I always though the stage was too much of a home court advantage, but frankly the series has been close no matter where they played. I really liked the Snake LeGrand/ Jimmy Gales games back aways. I remember one game at the stage when NT had over 60 rbs, about twice as many as UTA and still lost the game.

Looking forward to the series being continued and only wish that the other metroplex teams would join in.

I have enjoyed the UTA/NT series for many years. I always though the stage was too much of a home court advantage, but frankly the series has been close no matter where they played. I really liked the Snake LeGrand/ Jimmy Gales games back aways. I remember one game at the stage when NT had over 60 rbs, about twice as many as UTA and still lost the game.

Looking forward to the series being continued and only wish that the other metroplex teams would join in.

Agree.