What Is Your Favorite Beer?

UNTLifer

I was there in September too! Wow small world indeed! I was not there for fun however. I was sent to work with a few hotels in the city. I did get to spend the weekend out there in a cottage outside of Pilzn with the future in-laws however. Not speaking the same language with them is a bit stressful but nothing a Budvar, a shot of Slivovitz and some old first pressing Stevie Wonder records couldn't fix!

I was also in Ceska Budejovice in September. But, about 8 septembers ago ;)

I am an American born Czech. I was visiting some long lost family members at the time.

I can't speak Czech too well. But, I can read and write it pretty good. Once you get outside Prague, you don't hear much English spoken (unless things have changed).

The Czech's drink more beer per person than any other country in the world. But, you have to be careful not to get behind the wheel. Fortunately, I was told of the zero tolerance drinking/driving rule in the C.R. before I left. Normally, I don't worry much about having a beer or two before driving. But, this will get you into big trouble over there.

I just love beer talk :)

Edited by akriesman

Standby is Dos Equis Amber or Shiner when out and looking for something cheap. Lately I'll just grab a random six pack from the store. Picked up Honeymoon (seasonal Blue Moon) tonight. Not bad, but probably won't buy it again. Still on the lookout for something in a can for the parking lot this Fall that isn't Shiner or Tecate. B)

Anyone else remember Bergoff beer. $2.00 a case when I was in college. You had to start off with another beer in order to tolerate the Bergoff. Coors was $5.00 a case , Amarillo was the eastern most city for the sale of it, back then. The story was that they would not move any farther east, lack of pure mountain stream water.

That sounds Chinese. This proud ass American ain't drinkin no Chinese commie beer.

The real commie beer is Tsing Tao. I was in Hong Kong in May and found out the letters "Ts" are pronounced "Ch" like chimp. I kept grinning every time I would order a beer as I would think of what I was almost saying in Spanish. :P

Guest JohnDenver

Standby is Dos Equis Amber or Shiner when out and looking for something cheap. Lately I'll just grab a random six pack from the store. Picked up Honeymoon (seasonal Blue Moon) tonight. Not bad, but probably won't buy it again. Still on the lookout for something in a can for the parking lot this Fall that isn't Shiner or Tecate. B)

Pick up a sixer of Dale's Pale Ale. It is awesome can beer -- well, if you love hops.

I consumed a couple of cases of Smokehaus...it was "different". I haven't seen any on the shelf THIS summer. The holiday brew was also "different". With apologies to whomever, I can take or leave fruity beer.

I like Smokehaus with food. I still see it around quite a bit.