Gmg.com Bowl Update

KRAM1

Funny you mentioned Andy.

I spoke to him this morning about coming out and playing after I read about the #11 Dilemma. I also want to win, so playing for both teams would be fun, but....

I think he's in, I told him how to sign up.

hell ya....THE GOOD SHEPHARD IS BACK!!!!

at least i think that is what his name was...

OK, thanks #11...we have a solution. If Andy signs up, we will toss the coin for the right to draft 1st, then whoever wins can have their pick...let me guess that it might just be UNTQB11 (but, as folks here know, my prediction skills are somewhat suspect at best) and the second can go to Andy (if the coach so desires).

Problem solved, but we do need Andy to sign up to make this happen...ANDY...calling Andy....PLEASE....flowers.gif

Name: GreenGoblin

Height: Tall Enough

Weight: Not what it used to be

Speed: decent

Size Tshirt: Large

(this is actually MrsGreenGoblin signed in as her husband)

This will be his 3rd bowl game as well. We prefer to be drafted to the same team but I am always up for a chance to school the hubby in one way or the other. ;)

Well damn. My daughter's team just got rescheduled again and now has game on the 15th at, you guessed it, 3:00!

Sorry, but you will have to count me out.

that sucks....but ya know...she'll have other games...

OUCH...that does "suck", but certainly understand the family stuff. OK, so who can take Army of Dad's place? We could use some additional players...come on now, you know you want to play.

If I promise not to roll that soccer ball out on the pitch to start the game, will you sign up to play????

BTW...if you would like to contribute to the scholarship fund...even if you cannot be there...all you GMG.com'ers...you can simply PM me for my address and send a check, or you can give a check to someone who is playing. I'd sure like to raise at least...at least $1000 after expenses for the scholarship fund. PM me if you are interested.

Still looking for that "Tailgate Captain"...anyone interested in trying to help set up the tailgate fun and frolic? I'm in for bringing along some adult refreshments...but will need others to contribute beverages (both adult and "not so adult"), snack items, grill and yummies...anyone interested. If we don't get a response for a "tailgate captain", I'll just "herd the cats" a bit more and say...BRING YOUR OWN GOODIES/DRINKS and let's just all share what ever shows up after the game.

Good enough? Sort of like a "pot luck" dinner at the church...but with adult beverages...well, at my church such dinners often do involve "adult beverages", but that's another story for another time.

We will miss you guys...Army of Dad and Mom. Hope to see you next year!

GUESS WHAT WE NEED FOR THE GAME???? How about a football or two? OK, we can do this a couple of ways...we can get volunteers to bring a few footballs...should definitely have more than one on hand...(sorry I have soccer balls, not footballs around my house...I know that surprises everyone)...I can buy a football with proceeds (that would reduce the scholarship amount) and we would have it for following years like our donated flag belts or we can ask for folks to bring a ball or two to the game. Any volunteers?

We should have more than one...

What say you?

Edited by KRAM1

GUESS WHAT WE NEED FOR THE GAME???? How about a football or two? OK, we can do this a couple of ways...we can get volunteers to bring a few footballs...should definitely have more than one on hand...(sorry I have soccer balls, not footballs around my house...I know that surprises everyone)...I can buy a football with proceeds (that would reduce the scholarship amount) and we would have it for following years like our donated flag belts or we can ask for folks to bring a ball or two to the game. Any volunteers?

We should have more than one...

What say you?

I have a football that we can use. I will bring it along.

I can make sure we have a football or two there as well. Scott Hall just called me this week and reminded me of the game. I have been in retirement for a couple of years but I would love to join everyone again on the 15th if I can get drafted.

Name: The Good Shepherd (Andy Blount)

Height: 6'4

Weight: 230 (Much weaker than playing days but slimmer)

40 Speed: Athlete

Look forward to seeing everyone.

I can make sure we have a football or two there as well. Scott Hall just called me this week and reminded me of the game. I have been in retirement for a couple of years but I would love to join everyone again on the 15th if I can get drafted.

Name: The Good Shepherd (Andy Blount)

Height: 6'4

Weight: 230 (Much weaker than playing days but slimmer)

40 Speed: Athlete

Look forward to seeing everyone.

I'm thinking that "getting drafted" is a done deal! Glad to have you with us Andy...looking forward to it!

OK, I do need a T-Shirt size for you!!!! I'd guess, but I think I'd be better off just letting you say!

Player Draft is this Sunday....

If you are thinking about playing, please post your bio and T-Shirt size as soon as possible BEFORE Sunday so the coaches will have all the players available for the draft.

Thanks.

What time is the draft and is it going to be in the chatroom?

Brett...draft arrangements this year are being left up to the two coaches. They may just get on a phone and handle the draft as I know both are extremely busy right now.

If Harry and forevereagle can get it all set, they would probably handle it through the chat room, but that is in some question due to timing and other commitments right now. If it is going on the chat room, I will definitely try to let everyone know. As of right now, even the commissioner does not know the time of the draft. Just too much "stuff" going on right now. Stay tuned. Good question...good thought.

Why the hell not.

Name - mdh0192 (Mark)

T-shirt size - M

Height - 6'

Weight - 172 lbs

40 speed - 5 seconds, +/- .1

Age - 24

Claim to fame - posted a career* 71.4%** completion percentage as a QB in high school***

Positions - I usually throw it or catch it. Consider me a regular Riley Dodge

*Career ended before Sr year due to kissing Chelsea Burns and contracting mono.

**71.4% includes going 5-7 in my junior year.

***Attended high school in Canada, they're really quite awful at football. Forced to move from FB to QB after I severly pulled my glut and was hobbled.

Name: Five & Dime

Ht: 5'10"

Wt: 180ish

40: Haven't ran one in 14 years

T Shirt: Large

Have played flag football before, been a few years though. Nothing athletic to brag about other than being my high school mascot. Looking forward to coming out and having a good time.

Edited by UNT Five&Dime

Good to see some additional players signing up for the game...the more the merrier!!!

Just a reminder that the "entry fee" is $25.00 payable in cash (preferred) so expenses can be covered. The remaining will, of course, go to the scholarship fund. An accounting will be posted after the game on the board so all will know how the funds were allocated and spent...and how much we were able to add to the scholarship fund.

If anyone wishes to make an additional donation to the fund, a separate check payable to the Andrew Smith memorial Scholarship Fund would be fine...or cash and it will be added to the funds.

Bring your beverages and tailgate food for the after-game party. I know not everyone will be able to bring beverages and/or food. No problem...just come and share with others...sharing is encourage at this event! laugh.gif The only requirement is to HAVE FUN!

Don't forget that the draft is at 3PM TODAY (Sunday) in the chat room. I will try to be there to make all those "high level" Commissioner decisions that will surely have to be made! laugh.gif That is...if I can figure out how the chat room works in time!