Reputation Standings

Harry

Congratulations to all of our board members who received promotions! We actually have 3 generals in our midst! I have created a Top 20 Poster Reputation link at the bottom of the main forum section and have linked it below. Reputation points are given by our membership to those members who provide outstanding content to the board. I encourage you to use this feature to reward posts and posters who you feel have provided good content. Just click on the +/- section in the lower right hand side of the post to provide reputation points.

http://www.gomeangre...s&do=reputation

Looking at your number of post per day some of you need to seriously consider moving out of your parent's house!

Just a technicality, but is a converted attic above their detached garage really part of their house if I'm paying for my own DSL line instead of stealing the password for their secured wifi network? Ah, independence.

• Upvote 2

GrayEagle is not in the top 20? Sorry Harry, but this is a totally bogus system.

Silver the system has only been in place for a couple of weeks and does not take into account past contributions to the board. That said I appreciate and respect your feedback. It is certainly not perfect. It does reward quality content. Certainly, since we are in basketball season those posters who are contributing in our basketball forums are receiving a lot of points. I appreciate their efforts as well. I think once we get into spring training with football you will see some other posters rise up the ranks.

There are a lot of new features that this board offers and I am in the process of tweaking them to find the best mix. I would ask that everyone keep an open mind and know that I am trying to make this the best board that I can.

Silver the system has only been in place for a couple of weeks and does not take into account past contributions to the board. That said I appreciate and respect your feedback. It is certainly not perfect. It does reward quality content. Certainly, since we are in basketball season those posters who are contributing in our basketball forums are receiving a lot of points. I appreciate their efforts as well. I think once we get into spring training with football you will see some other posters rise up the ranks.

There are a lot of new features that this board offers and I am in the process of tweaking them to find the best mix. I would ask that everyone keep an open mind and know that I am trying to make this the best board that I can.

And BTW, if I'm going to be stuck on the negative side (-38 and un-counting) then instead of Nosferatu, I would prefer to be designated as Al Swearingen.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

And BTW, if I'm going to be stuck on the negative side (-38 and un-counting) then instead of Nosferatu, I would prefer to be designated as Al Swearingen.

I like that there are three ways to get your plus/minus points:

1. Dive into a political thread and get dog-piled +/- by the majority that screws around on the political board (see Eagle-66, Screaming)

2. Dive into a basketball thread and get rated on how much you express appreciation for the team's current year performance)

3. The way it was intended, where you evaluate each thread as a whole and just reward extreme + and - content.

That being said, seeing some of you freak out about your ranking tickles me. If we can't properly evaluate each other, how can we properly evaluate and solve the challenges facing our teams, school and the entire world?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I like that there are three ways to get your plus/minus points:

1. Dive into a political thread and get dog-piled +/- by the majority that screws around on the political board (see Eagle-66, Screaming)

2. Dive into a basketball thread and get rated on how much you express appreciation for the team's current year performance)

3. The way it was intended, where you evaluate each thread as a whole and just reward extreme + and - content.

That being said, seeing some of you freak out about your ranking tickles me. If we can't properly evaluate each other, how can we properly evaluate and solve the challenges facing our teams, school and the entire world?

Just for clarification, I'm not freaking out about anything. It's just that if I'm going to be on the dark side, I want the dark side persona of my choice......Al Swearingen. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just for clarification, I'm not freaking out about anything. It's just that if I'm going to be on the dark side, I want the dark side persona of my choice......Al Swearingen. B)

I should have clarified -- I didn't mean you. You are as amused and detached from this as most of us.