Let Us Alone....

I like a site/thread that aims to argue for the destruction of one host out of a dozen or so on-air personalities of the most successful non-syndicated sports station in the U.S. while championing the Bleacher Report. What a country!

Miller isn't my cup of tea, but demonizing him is one of my favorite things to come here and see. If this program is going to take off, thousands of Craig Miller-types are going to need to be won over, but hey, if that doesn't sound like a fun process or worth your time, you could always make sure he knows how much harder-core you are than him while the 2-5 win seasons pass. We all know sports fandom is the most extreme badge of honor possible, especially when your team sucks.

Now sleep tight everyone. We'll need our rest to tear down Texas (over/under on roll tides posted tomorrow?) and declare Boise the unanimous BCS champion while missing the point that arbitrarily declaring the smaller school the best is the exact same thing we're complaining about in reverse!

Here's to a big Thursday!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am just making the point that any regular reader of this forum knows what to expect when you decide to shoehorn your uber-conservative views into various threads. I guess garbage is in the eye of the beholder.

I wasn't the first to bring up politics here in this thread, you did.

QUOTE(FirefightnRick @ Jan 6 2010, 08:54 AM) *

You deserve what you get by listening to the garbage on the ticket.

Rick

Your response:

Or reading your political rants.

Hey, I happen to think you have a great radio voice. It's a gift.....from God. B) You sound professional unlike sounding like you just fell off a Texas hay bailer, which is how I sound. But if you can't take public criticism that goes with the entertainment/sports talk radio industry then you might be in for a miserable experience down the road with your career choice.

Rick

I wasn't the first to bring up politics here in this thread, you did.

Your response:

Hey, I happen to think you have a great radio voice. It's a gift.....from God. B) You sound professional unlike sounding like you just fell off a Texas hay bailer, which is how I sound. But if you can't take public criticism that goes with the entertainment/sports talk radio industry then you might be in for a miserable experience down the road with your career choice.

Rick

That is fine, but don't simply call what I do garbage. Even you know there is a level of work ethic and professionalism that comes with the product my station produces on a daily basis, like it or not.

Personally I side with Craig in that there are way too many bowls. I dont know how Craig feels about he BCS 6-6 teams but I for one think they don't deserve to go to a bowl either.

As for the The Ticket...either you get it or you don't. I've been a die hard P1 since day 1. I've attempted to listen to radio sports talk shows all over the country and I can't bear listening more than 5 minutes.

I was a big Tickethead for a long time, but they started to sound more like a guy talk station and less like a sports talk station and I got bored with it. The day Ted Williams died, I was listening to the Hard Line and they barely mentioned it. Three hours of shtick, but no time at all to talk about a baseball legend on a show where that was their favorite sport.

I was a big Tickethead for a long time, but they started to sound more like a guy talk station and less like a sports talk station and I got bored with it. The day Ted Williams died, I was listening to the Hard Line and they barely mentioned it. Three hours of shtick, but no time at all to talk about a baseball legend on a show where that was their favorite sport.

This is exactly my challenge with the Ticket these days. WAY too much shtick and way too little sports when I have a chance to listen. I like the Ticket as a station and like many of their personalities. And, I do agree that if you want folks on that station to support the Mean Green more, you certainly do not go about that by blasting them constantly here on GMG.com or any other venue for that matter. As you can see from the postings of "Green Guy Bass", folks on that station do take a look-see at GMG.com from time to time. If I saw all the rants about me on here and I was a personality on that station it certainly would not bring me any closer to the Mean Green Nation.

That all being said, I do wish the Ticket would stop so much of the shtick and get back to sports. It's a great station that seems, in my opinion, to have lost its way in some cases and at some times of the day.

This is exactly my challenge with the Ticket these days. WAY too much shtick and way too little sports when I have a chance to listen. I like the Ticket as a station and like many of their personalities. And, I do agree that if you want folks on that station to support the Mean Green more, you certainly do not go about that by blasting them constantly here on GMG.com or any other venue for that matter. As you can see from the postings of "Green Guy Bass", folks on that station do take a look-see at GMG.com from time to time. If I saw all the rants about me on here and I was a personality on that station it certainly would not bring me any closer to the Mean Green Nation.

That all being said, I do wish the Ticket would stop so much of the shtick and get back to sports. It's a great station that seems, in my opinion, to have lost its way in some cases and at some times of the day.

I appreciate the post. I am glad that you don't simply chalk up what we do as garbage like Fire Helmet Jesus. Granted, we don't always talk sports....but we have mass appeal because of the non-sports and hi-jinks peppered in which has made our 9K watt station dominate in the demo of Men 25-54 compared to our 'all sports' competitors. We are #2 in the market for a reason and #1 in English speaking stations in our demo. No colleges get much play on our station outside of random scandals and catch-all segments involving the Big 12, so don't be upset that we never talk about UNT.

I heard that rant by Craig Tuesday morning and couldn't believe what I was hearing. It sounded like he was trying to talk trash to the relatively unknown schools who do barely enough and get into a bowl game once in a blue moon and disappear the next year. I wonder if he actually knew what schools he was talking about.

I took it to mean he was upset about:

A Wyoming team that was 6-6.

A Marshall team that was 6-6.

I wonder if he actually knew he was talking trash about the following schools:

Texas A&M at 6-6.

UCLA at 6-6.

Minnesota at 6-6.

Iowa St at 6-6.

Florida St. at 6-6.

Michigan St. at 6-6.

and his beloved Oklahoma at 6-5.

I think what he really means to say is - there are too many bowl games/teams he could care less about because he's a traditional homer and he's never heard of some of these schools because he's a sad excuse for a sports personality. Somehow, I don't think was talking about how he was hanging on every throw of the 6-5 Sooners game at the beautiful Brut Sun Bowl in beautiful El Paso, TX. I'd be willing to bet he didn't have a problem with a Florida St. team that would let it's coach get one last win in Jacksonville before retirement playing in a bowl game they definitely didn't deserve to be in. Probably watched every second of Texas A&M get their ass kicked by Georgia in the destination city of Shreveport, LA in the Advocare V100 Independence Bowl. The only game I could see him legitimately upset about is a Minnesota and Iowa St. matchup - but probably only because they're not from around here and not because it might have actually been the worst match this bowl season.

I'd be willing to bet he's ranting against Central Michigan (11-2) and Troy (9-3) and not because of their records, but because they are not perennial powerhouses. Probably was also not too interested in Middle Tennessee.

It's not really non-AQ teams with horrible records in bowl games - its the AQ teams, with house-hold names that have the crappiest records and still get in. The Sun Belt, consistently said to be the absolute worst conference in D1A was only able to send 2 teams both 9-3, looking to go 2-0 to end with 10-3 seasons.

Unfortunately, it's college football "fans" and "sports personalities" like Craig Miller who prop up the BCS and their auto qualifying teams with their comments. Craig is a great human being. He does a lot of great things with the small amount of fame the ticket has brought him for a lot of charities and good causes. I'm proud that he went to school here, even if he is not. But, very rarely do I consider something Craig says as funny. He tries to be cute with his moronic rants instead of leaving the shtick stuff to Gordon and Jub Jub. Most of his sports opinions sound like a 5 year old kid formed them, which may be indicative of the generic college football fan, but damnit - I guess I have a lot more faith in the intelligence of generic sports fans. This rant by him was one that definitely made him sound like an un-informed, whiny little boy. He's also recycled this bit for at least 3-4 years in a row - as all "sports commentators" do. Surely, he didn't realize he was talking down to a team like Oklahoma...

Come on now , the only game people care about is the one tonight ( Norm ) This must be why no one has shown up for any of the other games and TV ratings have been so low.

No, if it weren't for conservative talk radio we wouldn't know about half the crap our politicians try to pull over on us. The national major tv media certainly isn't going to report on it. Another example, WBAP gives a traffic report for auto commuters every 5 minutes on the day. That's saved me several times heading in going to work by knowing when and where to go around a fatality investigation.

Rick

---Wow... what a hi-jack.... I suppose if you want to hear the truth about UT football absolutely listen to a radio station from Austin... they are absolutely neutral right..?? They will tell you all of the good things but somehow forget to mention the negatives.. and will trash their opponent.. You will not exactly get the WHOLE truth. The same is true with politics... but you are a UNT grad and intelligent so you know that.....right...? Always listen to different sourses if you realy want to know the truth. I believe conservative radio kept claiming how conservative our former President was....meanwhile he was doubling the national debt ..ie. outspending his budget more than the previous 42 presidents combined..... what was the truth there..?? (conservative??) .. No I am not a liberal as you think I am... I am very conservative... I hated his taking us into debt more than we already were and attacking Iraq with little or no justification...no other President had. I still haven't figured out what was conservative about him... being Christian doesn't mean that... liberals go to church too. I am liberal about that deal... go to any church you want to... you don't have to go to just mine ( but I just hope you go somewhere) ..

PS: the prior President (42) of the "free-spending party" increased the debt by less than 2% per year. You need to read/listen to multiple sources to learn that. Feel free to check that info.. it is correct.

---Wow... what a hi-jack.... I suppose if you want to hear the truth about UT football absolutely listen to a radio station from Austin... they are absolutely neutral right..?? They will tell you all of the good things but somehow forget to mention the negatives.. and will trash their opponent.. You will not exactly get the WHOLE truth. The same is true with politics... but you are a UNT grad and intelligent so you know that.....right...? Always listen to different sourses if you realy want to know the truth. I believe conservative radio kept claiming how conservative our former President was....meanwhile he was doubling the national debt ..ie. outspending his budget more than the previous 42 presidents combined..... what was the truth there..?? (conservative??) .. No I am not a liberal as you think I am... I am very conservative... I hated his taking us into debt more than we already were and attacking Iraq with little or no justification...no other President had. I still haven't figured out what was conservative about him... being Christian doesn't mean that... liberals go to church too. I am liberal about that deal... go to any church you want to... you don't have to go to just mine ( but I just hope you go somewhere) ..

PS: the prior President (42) of the "free-spending party" increased the debt by less than 2% per year. You need to read/listen to multiple sources to learn that. Feel free to check that info.. it is correct.

This is like Richard Reid calling Zacharias Moussaoui a hijacker.

The bowls are good. It's a good, memorable trip for the kids involved (team, band, etc.). Sports talk douches aren't even part of the equation (thankfully).

Why is anyone taking Craig Miller seriously about football anyway? He follows cycling. If there's a sport that's less exciting to watch than soccer, that's it - and Miller loves it.

Find something real to be riled at Miller about:

Like when he and Gordon talk about anything related to kids. Neither of the have any, so they always sound like idiots when they comment. They goad Jub Jub from time to time with the "what if this was your daughter, George" and "do you think when that baby was born, his parents had any idea that he would later yada yada yada." It's hard to be a parent, which is why those two narcissistic morons have skipped out on it.

The bowls are good. It's a good, memorable trip for the kids involved (team, band, etc.). Sports talk douches aren't even part of the equation (thankfully).

Why is anyone taking Craig Miller seriously about football anyway? He follows cycling. If there's a sport that's less exciting to watch than soccer, that's it - and Miller loves it.

Find something real to be riled at Miller about:

Like when he and Gordon talk about anything related to kids. Neither of the have any, so they always sound like idiots when they comment. They goad Jub Jub from time to time with the "what if this was your daughter, George" and "do you think when that baby was born, his parents had any idea that he would later yada yada yada." It's hard to be a parent, which is why those two narcissistic morons have skipped out on it.

Offside...number 98, defense...5 yard penalty, repeat first down.

I loathe Miller's OU douchery just as much as anyone, but he does contribute to the Ticket, and he has good points about other things. I cant believe that noone has mentioned the Ubergod of tu Douchery...Mark Elfeinbein. The guy has never taken a class in Austin, and I wouldnt be suprised if he has not set foot on that campus a handful of times. Yet he calls them HIS longwhorns, and belittles anyone else, yes, even North Texas. Driving home after we arrived back in Denton on the Sunday morning after the 2001 NMSU Miracle in the Desert, that effer made a statement after our score was read during a ticker. He pretty much sade big deal, its not like they will make a bowl game, and said that we dont matter. He then went on to say, and I quote word for word,"If North Texas goes to a bowl game, I will run around Fouts in my underwear."

To date, that sonuvabitch hasnt made good on that promise. But then again, can anyone expect a doucher like him to follow through on a promise?

I loathe Miller's OU douchery just as much as anyone, but he does contribute to the Ticket, and he has good points about other things. I cant believe that noone has mentioned the Ubergod of tu Douchery...Mark Elfeinbein. The guy has never taken a class in Austin, and I wouldnt be suprised if he has not set foot on that campus a handful of times. Yet he calls them HIS longwhorns, and belittles anyone else, yes, even North Texas. Driving home after we arrived back in Denton on the Sunday morning after the 2001 NMSU Miracle in the Desert, that effer made a statement after our score was read during a ticker. He pretty much sade big deal, its not like they will make a bowl game, and said that we dont matter. He then went on to say, and I quote word for word,"If North Texas goes to a bowl game, I will run around Fouts in my underwear."

To date, that sonuvabitch hasnt made good on that promise. But then again, can anyone expect a doucher like him to follow through on a promise?

That's an awesome lightning rod for hate. You know who I hate? Craig Rosengarden.

More of the same tired, drawn out arguments that really has no place in a football thread. Please post your diatribes in the appropriate forum.

That guy is a real butt-hole...

Rocco Pendola once told me that if UNT won a bowl game, he'd shave his downstairs hair, toss them in a salad and then feed said salad to his sainted mother. I'm still waiting -- and the jerk never returns my calls when I dial the 1Ball line!

I appreciate the post. I am glad that you don't simply chalk up what we do as garbage like Fire Helmet Jesus. Granted, we don't always talk sports....

So your saying it's ok to dismiss your station as less than relevant, interesting, entertaining, or talented as it would apply to sports talk radio, just don't be as direct about as I am?

Got it!

Rick

I cant believe that no one has mentioned the Ubergod of tu Douchery...Mark Elfeinbein.

That's because when he's on, no one listens.

His tu douchebaggery is one thing, but it's his "white guy that likes rap and is down with the NBA" that annoyed me the one time I listened to him. They filled in for the Musers. Elfenbein and the other guy he used to broadcast with, several years ago and sucked up the joint with awful rap music and pop music and worthless NBA chatter. When the Muser returned, I e-mail Jub Jub and begged for them not to let those morons fill in for them again. Of course, Jub Jub defended him. But, I can't recall that they've subbed for them again.

Regardless, I hit eject whenever I hear Elfenbein. I'd rather be locked in a closet and forced to listen to Kidd Kraddock for a week than have to hear Elfenbein ball lick the Longhorns and pitch-shifting rap "musicians." Also, I care so little about the NBA that even when he's not on his knees for the 'Horns or slobbering the latest crappy rap track I can't get into it.

First of all wow you have a lot of hate in your heart. Second, Elf is a UT grad. Third, relax.

I could say the same about those who play dress up to draw attention to themselves at sporting events.

You can say anything you want. Obviously it bothers the crap out of you that others aren't singing your station's glory. Again, you don't seem to have the ability to handle the criticism that goes with your chosen profession. Some day when and if you have your own radio show I think you may indeed need counseling when the critics roll in.

Rick

I could say the same about those who play dress up to draw attention to themselves at sporting events.

Lord, this is stupid.

Why do you want to dis one of the few people who will still stomach UNT football games in person, in Denton and on the road? The only reason he stands out is because we have so few fans. You see guys wearing hard hats and stuff at other schools and he's just one of several doing it.

It's unique. I'm just waiting for him to be like the Jets guy. That will rock.

jets_fans_gal_640.jpg

M-E-A-N G-R-E-E-N! Mean! Green! Mean! Green!

Lord, this is stupid.

Why do you want to dis one of the few people who will still stomach UNT football games in person, in Denton and on the road? The only reason he stands out is because we have so few fans. You see guys wearing hard hats and stuff at other schools and he's just one of several doing it.

It's unique. I'm just waiting for him to be like the Jets guy. That will rock.

jets_fans_gal_640.jpg

M-E-A-N G-R-E-E-N! Mean! Green! Mean! Green!

I've been posturing to be Rick's #74 for years with no luck. I think it's the homophobia.