Memories Watching Cincy In Bowl In New Orleans

NT80

Ah, what a great time it was to be a North Texas fan at the New Orleans Bowl in 2002. Andrew Smith was QB and we learned from the loss the year before what we needed to do this time around. Great fun and the weather was perfect during that day. Then Cincy left CUSA for the Big East and BCS and UNT went south to wherever it is we are now. :mellow:

Edited by NT80

Ah, what a great time it was to be a North Texas fan at the New Orleans Bowl in 2002. Andrew Smith was QB and we learned from the loss the year before what we needed to do this time around. Great fun and the weather was perfect during that day. Then Cincy left CUSA for the Big East and BCS and UNT went south to wherever it is we are now. :mellow:

Very depressing that we could piss away the momentum we once had.

Was anyone going to beat florida tonight? I mean this is rough to watch. Not sure tcu would have wanted any part of the gator tonight. The Cinci unis are cool though.

So my second prediction is that the tide will ROOOOOOOLLLLL over the horns next week. I mean if FL lost to Bama you do the math. It only takes one preparation but the Horns are getting the wrong team just like Cincy did tonight.

I cannot see Bama overlooking and not being fired up for TX especially after the Ute loss last year. I feel like that devastating loss from last year sat in their gut for a full year and they will unleash on the orange. It will be much like Florida rolling over the bearcats - an unstoppable train.

I mean they are chanting "urban meyer" to have something to do!

Cotton Bowl becomes next BCS game and MWC gets auto bid - prediction number 203 of the New Year:)

GMG

Was anyone going to beat florida tonight? I mean this is rough to watch. Not sure tcu would have wanted any part of the gator tonight. The Cinci unis are cool though.

So my second prediction is that the tide will ROOOOOOOLLLLL over the horns next week. I mean if FL lost to Bama you do the math. It only takes one preparation but the Horns are getting the wrong team just like Cincy did tonight.

I cannot see Bama overlooking and not being fired up for TX especially after the Ute loss last year. I feel like that devastating loss from last year sat in their gut for a full year and they will unleash on the orange. It will be much like Florida rolling over the bearcats - an unstoppable train.

I mean they are chanting "urban meyer" to have something to do!

Cotton Bowl becomes next BCS game and MWC gets auto bid - prediction number 203 of the New Year:)

GMG

Call me crazy, but I've been predicting the Tide steamrolls the whorns by 3 TD's.

I don't care for rematches, but a Bama Florida rematch for the big marble could have been really fun. Roll a shed out onto the field at halftime and out pops Leach for a halftime interview and now you have a truly delicious event.

I find bowl season boring but I enjoyed watching old powers like Penn State, FSU and Ohio State turn back the hands of time in this brand new decade.

GMG

TCU should be playing Florida. The Horned Frogs were jobbed by the BCS by being stuck in a game with another non-AQ school. If they win, it's no big deal - if they lose, they'll be brushed off as pretenders. Either way, the AQs protected themselves from another potential Utah-Alabama/Boise State-Oklahoma.

Don't forget Utah-Pitt.

I like the Cincinatti uniforms. I don't usually go for all thw stripes and trim, but I think these uniforms look cool.

How did they lose to us and go on to be so good....and we win and get so bad ?

They immediately got rid of their coach and brought a new coaching staff and we got rid of our only coach to led us to a bowl win.

They immediately got rid of their coach and brought a new coaching staff and we got rid of our only coach to led us to a bowl win.

You mean after going down the tubes, and not taking advantage of any momentum we once had.

Cincy's alumni wasn't really all that bad. Yeah they didn't care much for football but they had a great following for their mens basketball program. So when you start winning consistently in football then those basketball boosters will also donate to football along with gaining new ones. I think NT is turning the tide slowly but surely but somehow we need to find a way to expedite the process. All we need is vision which I think we have now and we just need to whore up and do whatever it takes to rise.