Darrell Dickey

megagreen

We now have evidence that 5 years of gmg.com speculation might lead to action.

stadium - check; almost. Still gotta build the retro wingzone and the toilet bowl.

Helmet Stickers - Eagle Logo?

Realignment - Local opponents?

pie - I'm a lover of pie (pecan, pumpkin, mathematical, hair, etc.)

Edited by EagleGreen

Guest GrayEagleOne

Dickey may have another tough fight. One source says that Houston Co-OC Jason Phillips is the favorite. The Central Missouri coach has a good HC record at Central Missouri. Dickey should finish ahead of Kim Helton though. Both are sub-.500 coaches but the only ones with Division IA head coaching experience.

what players and why did no players come out and say that at the time? i never saw a player quote that supports this theory.

Well that was the case. Some were more adamant than others about it but it was a request from players. The ones that wanted it were very vocal and the rest just went along. In fact I think it all started before clinching conference in 04, I cant remember now exactly when. We showed up for Monday meeting and the offer was if we beat this team(I think ULM but dont hold me to that) this Saturday then we will wear black pants from now on. I know we had them against Idaho and in the NO bowl. Although apparently not aesthetically pleasing to others, at least they were comfortable and best of all not used! Haha!

It seems kind of pointless to point this stuff out now because every shirt and sweat suit I have from my time at UNT is the wrong color of Green and our team uniform looks like Southlake University, but I never have given a crap what was worn as long as we win. I've got a good feeling about this year and cant wait until next year!

GMG