Ground Breaking

drex

With all the anxiety and heartbreak of this season, I ask all of you who have not watched the video of the groundbreaking ceremony on Mean Green Premium (free) to please watch it. It sums up all the good things that this athletic administration has done relative to the stadium and the future of the program. I think you will be moved by what you see. For those of you who were there, I am sure that you will second my emotion that we are on the cusp of some really great things at North Texas. We all have some petty complaints here and there, but this is a huge accomplishment for the university and my hat is off to Rick and the students and administrators who have had the vision to put us in this position.

One of the few times as a grown man I had chills run down my spine. RV is wholly committed to this program and it showed. And beyond that, he's a good man, who thanked the right people. One of the proudest moments for UNT athletics I've ever witnessed.

Let the haters and prognasticator's be warned....Our time is coming my friends...We stand on the verge of a signifcant time in the development of this university and you and I have the chance to be an integral part of that development...

I will be sending in my meager stadium fund contribution shortly, I will be renewing my 4 season tickets and making my Mean Green Club Donation early this year and I will support whatever fundraising campaigns the AD can come up with...

My Faith is not blind, but my committment to my university is unwavering.

Go Mean Green!

One of the few times as a grown man I had chills run down my spine. RV is wholly committed to this program and it showed. And beyond that, he's a good man, who thanked the right people. One of the proudest moments for UNT athletics I've ever witnessed.

Let the haters and prognasticator's be warned....Our time is coming my friends...We stand on the verge of a signifcant time in the development of this university and you and I have the chance to be an integral part of that development...

I will be sending in my meager stadium fund contribution shortly, I will be renewing my 4 season tickets and making my Mean Green Club Donation early this year and I will support whatever fundraising campaigns the AD can come up with...

My Faith is not blind, but my committment to my university is unwavering.

Go Mean Green!

Don't sell yourself short. There IMHO....is no such thing as a meager stadium fund contribution. Every donation helps. Thanks for whatever you're giving.

The one person who was not thanked - and should have been - was former President Norval Pohl. He hired our current Athletic Director and started the ball rolling toward what happened on Saturday. He was a good man who did a LOT for athletics at North Texas. He died way too young.

I agree 100% about Pohl and I would also think Bobby Ray and perhaps dare I say even Jimmy Mack deserved some mention as well for the athletic center an important step in the process that will also be the endzone of the new stadium.

The one person who was not thanked - and should have been - was former President Norval Pohl. He hired our current Athletic Director and started the ball rolling toward what happened on Saturday. He was a good man who did a LOT for athletics at North Texas. He died way too young.

I totally agree. I was hoping he would be mentioned though the whole ceremony.

He was a good man, and did our University a lot of good.

I and my family were at the OU pep rally at Fouts Field many years ago. I saw Dr. Pohl standing there so I went over to thank him for everything he was doing for UNT. He turned and pointed to where RV was standing and said, "there's the man you need to thank". I said yes, but you are the man who brought him to UNT, thank you. Dr. Pohl was very gracious and a class act.

No matter what happens today or tomorrow we are blessed to have people like Dr. Pohl, RV, Dr. Bataille, Lee Jackson, JJ and so many others associated with UNT. Unbelievable things are happening at UNT and we owe it to the character and disipline of these people. They have set the standard very high for all of us to follow.