Συγχαρητήρι&#94

I actually watched part of the Ukraine game. Called my Mom after it ended.

My brother and I actually own Greek national team jerseys that some of our relatives sent us after the 2004 Euro Cup victory. Looks like we'll have to break them out again next year. I can guarantee KRAM that I'll watch at least three soccer games in 2010.

I actually watched part of the Ukraine game. Called my Mom after it ended.

My brother and I actually own Greek national team jerseys that some of our relatives sent us after the 2004 Euro Cup victory. Looks like we'll have to break them out again next year. I can guarantee KRAM that I'll watch at least three soccer games in 2010.

I am so very proud of you for "broadening your horizons" and embracing the beautiful game. So...you are assuming here that the Greek team will be out after the initial stage? Gee, you sound like a Mean Green fan...no faith in your "home boys". :lol::lol:

BTW...I may be heading to Greece next September with my bride on one her her "conferences". Know any good places to eat/stay in Athens? Looks like we may also have to head to Crete for part of the conference...any suggestions???

GO MEAN GREEN...BEAT ARMY and...USA-----USA-----USA-----USA!!!! Gotta get out of that first round this time...I do think the USA team will be better prepared and ready to move out of the first round this time. Maybe the USA can get a decent draw this time and be in there with Greece,...how would that be, my Greek friend??? Way cool, huh?

I am so very proud of you for "broadening your horizons" and embracing the beautiful game. So...you are assuming here that the Greek team will be out after the initial stage? Gee, you sound like a Mean Green fan...no faith in your "home boys". :lol::lol:

BTW...I may be heading to Greece next September with my bride on one her her "conferences". Know any good places to eat/stay in Athens? Looks like we may also have to head to Crete for part of the conference...any suggestions???

GO MEAN GREEN...BEAT ARMY and...USA-----USA-----USA-----USA!!!! Gotta get out of that first round this time...I do think the USA team will be better prepared and ready to move out of the first round this time. Maybe the USA can get a decent draw this time and be in there with Greece,...how would that be, my Greek friend??? Way cool, huh?

My parents are retired and spend 4-5 months in Greece every year now. Depending on when you'll be there in September, you may have two great tour guides eager to meet and entertain you. Either way, let me know when the time gets closer and I'll be delighted to help you plan some activities.

As for Crete, I have an uncle that was born there. After he took early retirement from Olympic Airlines, he moved back and now he grows olives, grapes, and a very little bit of papyrus in a tiny town called Venerato. Every time I've been to Crete, I've spent most of my time there just taking it easy. If you're going on business, you'll probably be in Heraklion (or maybe Chania... But I'm almost sure it'll be Heraklion) and that's probably the best place to do easy tourist stuff. Check out the fortress that lines the harbor. If you have the time and the resources, take the very short trip to the south shore of the island and see the Matala. One place I've never been, but always wanted to go, is Knossos- the Labyrinth.

Definitely call or message me when you're ready to start planning any trip over there.

My parents are retired and spend 4-5 months in Greece every year now. Depending on when you'll be there in September, you may have two great tour guides eager to meet and entertain you. Either way, let me know when the time gets closer and I'll be delighted to help you plan some activities.

As for Crete, I have an uncle that was born there. After he took early retirement from Olympic Airlines, he moved back and now he grows olives, grapes, and a very little bit of papyrus in a tiny town called Venerato. Every time I've been to Crete, I've spent most of my time there just taking it easy. If you're going on business, you'll probably be in Heraklion (or maybe Chania... But I'm almost sure it'll be Heraklion) and that's probably the best place to do easy tourist stuff. Check out the fortress that lines the harbor. If you have the time and the resources, take the very short trip to the south shore of the island and see the Matala. One place I've never been, but always wanted to go, is Knossos- the Labyrinth.

Definitely call or message me when you're ready to start planning any trip over there.

Will do...many thanks...always nice to have someone "in the know"...appreciate the help.

GO MEAN GREEN!

BTW, and this is a serious question--If I'm eating Greek "food" and I'm served hummus, can I just sort of eat it with a spoon or something, or do you eat it like some sort of dip? The reason I ask is because I've always pretty much just scooped it up and ate it that way. My wife tells me this is incorrect, however.

BTW, and this is a serious question--If I'm eating Greek "food" and I'm served hummus, can I just sort of eat it with a spoon or something, or do you eat it like some sort of dip? The reason I ask is because I've always pretty much just scooped it up and ate it that way. My wife tells me this is incorrect, however.

The only problem I'm seeing with any of these things is your wife being able to tell you that you might be wrong...

I ate hummus with my lunch today and used Baked Lays to scoop it up. It was in a tiny cup, so eventually I couldn't reach with my chips. I finger-blasted that cup straight up and took no prisoners -- and I didn't take any crap from anyone.

• Downvote 1

I ate hummus with my lunch today and used Baked Lays to scoop it up. It was in a tiny cup, so eventually I couldn't reach with my chips. I finger-blasted that cup straight up and took no prisoners -- and I didn't take any crap from anyone.

Yeah, me too. This plate of food I got had the usual gyro thing going, but also sides of hummus and grape leaves and olives. Sort of dug the stuffed grape leaves, but there was nothing to dip into the hummus, and really never is at the place I go, so whatever. BTW, the wife doesn't even like hummus, so yeah, I'll eat it as I damn well please.

Think of hummus as salsa. I wouldn't tell anyone there's a right or wrong way to eat anything they enjoy. But when you're eating hummus, it's basically the same deal as salsa.

People might look at you funny if you're just spooning it up. But if it tastes good and you're happy and it's not going to kill you, who cares?

Tell the Mrs. that if she doesn't like the way you eat hummus, then she ought to get in the kitchen and bake you some cookies or a pie so you'll have something else to eat. Then, raise your arm across your body in a menacing way. :P

Yeah, me too. This plate of food I got had the usual gyro thing going, but also sides of hummus and grape leaves and olives. Sort of dug the stuffed grape leaves, but there was nothing to dip into the hummus, and really never is at the place I go, so whatever. BTW, the wife doesn't even like hummus, so yeah, I'll eat it as I damn well please.

The stuffed grape leaves were almost certainly dolmathes. It's not inappropriate to dip them in the hummus; most Greek people wouldn't, but many non-Greeks find them a little dry.

Think of hummus as salsa. I wouldn't tell anyone there's a right or wrong way to eat anything they enjoy. But when you're eating hummus, it's basically the same deal as salsa.

People might look at you funny if you're just spooning it up. But if it tastes good and you're happy and it's not going to kill you, who cares?

Tell the Mrs. that if she doesn't like the way you eat hummus, then she ought to get in the kitchen and bake you some cookies or a pie so you'll have something else to eat. Then, raise your arm across your body in a menacing way. :P

Heh! I usually just say "You need to get in there and get my breakfast/dinner." and then point matter of factly to the kitchen with my eyebrows slightly raised.

Yeah. Right.

Okay, hummus = salsa. I'll remember that from now on!