Drc: Vito: Full-fledge Exodus Of Unt Football Bandwagon

UNT_playmaker

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/....2bef86ee2.html

We started the season with nearly 23,000 fans in Sept only to see our numbers drop substantially to about 11,0000 for the Western Kentucky game and 12,000 for the La-monroe game....

Troublesome :(

Doesn't matter. Dodge is still getting the perk from the Season Ticket Holders. I can only imagine what Villareal will offer him (or has) for the New Stadium. He's turned everything about the Football Program into a glorified High School Program, especially the Phleghm Green Unis. At least its still worth the admission price to watch the Brigade, which is NOT High School-level, unlike the Team and Coaching Staff!

EMT

That’s not to say that Dodge won’t get the Mean Green’s program turned in the right direction. He is bringing in some solid talent and the Mean Green is playing a ton of freshmen and sophomores.

........with a redshirt freshman qb.

i think vito should have turned this, somewhat, negative article to, "A ton of freshman and sophmores are begining to turn program around with four heart breaking loses."

vito, get positive.

That’s not to say that Dodge won’t get the Mean Green’s program turned in the right direction. He is bringing in some solid talent and the Mean Green is playing a ton of freshmen and sophomores.

i think vito should have turned this, somewhat, negative article to, "A ton of freshman and sophmores are begining to turn program around with four heart breaking loses."

vito, get positive.

Losses, no matter the kind, never "begin to turn a program around."

so you expect a ton of freshmen and sophmores to play like juniors and seniors??

apparently about 100 other teams are playing young teams. You realize BSU has only about 5 Srs and they seem to be doing quite well.

Youth argument gets old after 3 years.

Edited by untbowler

Bandwagon folks are always "iffy".... it will be interesting to see the same folks basking in the glow of a winning season as if they had supported the team through think and thin. What do you expect from pseudo-fans?????

I've had season tickets for eight years and I'm starting to feel like Marvin in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. So much potential and talent just gets wasted each week. Why would anyone come to watch this depressing mismanagement of talent? I honestly believe this may actually be one of the more talented groups of offensive players we have ever had. But 68 points one week, 6 the next, then 28 points in a half then nothing the next? THAT is simply the inability of a coaching staff to make in-game adjustments.

I honestly caught myself this weekend considering if my season ticket money would be better spent next year on a larger flatscreen TV. With our current staff, I don't think getting tickets on gameday is going to be a problem any time soon.

vito, get positive.

So you're saying the team is uber-talented but they're being coached poorly? Or is it that the coaching is fine but the players consistently make mistakes that turn wins to losses? Can't be both (or neither) with such schizophrenic play.

And who chose to play these youngsters? Who chose to bench the upperclassmen when he arrived or to change them to positions where they were undersized or unfamiliar?

At what point do Todd Dodge's decisions and results have to rest on Todd Dodge?

Bandwagon folks are always "iffy".... it will be interesting to see the same folks basking in the glow of a winning season as if they had supported the team through think and thin. What do you expect from pseudo-fans?????

And fans that are always happy with the crap we've seen on the field the last three years are what's wrong with this program. Kram, I admire you're undying positive perspective of UNT football, but come on...calling us bandwagon fans for being upset with failure really pisses me off. Most of us support this program just as much, if not more, than you do. The big difference is we choose not to be content with always pointing to next year and being the laughing stock of college football. Bandwagon fans are those that just start following a program because they are winning (and I'll welcome each and everyone one of them IF we ever get to the point where we're lucky enough to have bandwagon fans) but most of those on GMG do not fall into that category.

And fans that are always happy with the crap we've seen on the field the last three years are what's wrong with this program. Kram, I admire you're undying positive perspective of UNT football, but come on...calling us bandwagon fans for being upset with failure really pisses me off. Most of us support this program just as much, if not more, than you do. The big difference is we choose not to be content with always pointing to next year and being the laughing stock of college football. Bandwagon fans are those that just start following a program because they are winning (and I'll welcome each and everyone one of them IF we ever get to the point where we're lucky enough to have bandwagon fans) but most of those on GMG do not fall into that category.

Completely agree that just because someone is upset with the current state of the program does not make them a bandwagon fan...

Completely disagree that being a fan and supporting your team through thick and thin is what's wrong with the program. Plus, I don't think anyone who is a fan of UNT is happy with losing.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/....2bef86ee2.html

We started the season with nearly 23,000 fans in Sept only to see our numbers drop substantially to about 11,0000 for the Western Kentucky game and 12,000 for the La-monroe game....

Troublesome :(

vito sounds like a dickey backside kisser in that article. dd had a terrible overall record and deserved to be fired after pulling the black jersey stunt. another error is students will not pay hundreds each semester for the athletic fee. $150 max per semester only after 2011 plus student use fees are reduced to offset it.

I read the Vitto articles even though he continued to misrepresent the fact that UNT is a BCS school. But I stopped reading his garbage after misrepresenting and slamming Troy for how they sign athletes.

Although I am not in any way a Dodge fan (I was against hiring a HS coach) he is not the biggest problem with UNT Football... and I am not talking about RV.

I read the Vitto articles even though he continued to misrepresent the fact that UNT is a BCS school. But I stopped reading his garbage after misrepresenting and slamming Troy for how they sign athletes.

Although I am not in any way a Dodge fan (I was against hiring a HS coach) he is not the biggest problem with UNT Football... and I am not talking about RV.

lee jackson? :huh:

Do not mention Dug to me at this time. His fool's errand will keep him most occupied, most occupied indeed! Do you not agree with that which I am saying to you now?

No where have I ever said or wrote that fans do not have the right to be upset with the program. That's what "fans" actually have the right to be IF they are really fans and attend games, buy tickets, etc., etc. But, bandwagon fans are the ones who come and support the team as long as things are going great...just check out the TCU crowds and the "new" SMU fans these days. It's no secret what the definition of "bandwagon fans" are. I do not hold myself above any fan of the program...some folks on the board seem to think so when the comments might hit a bit close to home. Choosing not to be content with a program is great...I am right there with you. I am definitely not content with the shape of the program right now. OK, that's fins for all of us, but I choose to continue to support the program with my attendance, through buying season tickets and through donating what and when I can.

Everyone can support or not support as they please, but just as some continue to trash Dodge, I choose to continue to support the team and its coaching staff as long as they are here because they ARE the Mean Green. Stopping game attendance and stopping support because the team is losing and returning when the wins come, is, simply, my definition of a bandwagon fan. And, like you, I will welcome each and every one to the Mean Green Nation when they show up, or, in some cases, when they return. Sort of like...if the shoe fits thing....Also...you are 100% correct...most on the GMG board don't fit into that category as they'll be in the stands whenever possible to support the Mean Green. I definitely understand frustration as well as the next guy, and I "feel your pain", but the team "needs me" and every other Mean Green nation member it can get in the stands for the Army game and senior day.

Do not confuse my support for the program with being content with the current state of the program. Two VERY different things, two very different things, indeed.

GO MEAN GREEN...BEAT ARMY!!!!

I will have my 4th round of chemo on Wednesday. If I feel like it at all I WILL BE THERE but I will bring my brown paper bag.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I hope you do feel well enough to attend the game, but, your health does come first...get well, so you can enjoy the winning seasons to come in the new stadium....Your brown paper bag will also be welcome...will it count as two seats??????

so you expect a ton of freshmen and sophmores to play like juniors and seniors??

No, I expect them to play better as they get more experience, a concept that is apparently lost on you.

Mark it down, if Dodge is here next year, this team wins 3 games. Special teams are terrible. The defense is terrible.

It has been three years and all of these things remain a constant.

What makes you think they will change?

Edited by UNT90