Prediction Thread

GoMeanGreen1999

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're ripe for an upset.......because I don't think they think there's any way in Hell that UNT wins.

So I'll say: UNT 34

Troy 31

And if we do somehow win......you can bet your arse that I'll be at the Athletic Center to meet the team.

Wow anyone that picked Troy makes me sad, anyone that predicted a blowout has not watched our team this year.

If there was some sort of prize or even bragging rights of any type, if Harry gave the score picker award and would add it to our user titles under our names I could see picking the opposing team in a somewhat winnable game. But in a game we have a shot in and especially a Sun Belt team with no awards of any sort for best score picker for god's sake pick your team. I am not saying go out and bet money on it remember it is fan board, not a realist board you are allowed to drink the cool-aide.

After looking at the negativity here I don't even want to watch the game anymore.

Wow anyone that picked Troy makes me sad, anyone that predicted a blowout has not watched our team this year.

If there was some sort of prize or even bragging rights of any type, if Harry gave the score picker award and would add it to our user titles under our names I could see picking the opposing team in a somewhat winnable game. But in a game we have a shot in and especially a Sun Belt team with no awards of any sort for best score picker for god's sake pick your team. I am not saying go out and bet money on it remember it is fan board, not a realist board you are allowed to drink the cool-aide.

After looking at the negativity here I don't even want to watch the game anymore.

Honestly, I really don't want to watch the game either....

45-17

45-7

Those are the scores in this series with Dodge coaching. What have you seen this year that makes you think it'll be a game?? After last week's "exposing" of our defense, I expect that Troy is going to put up a ton of points....and on defense they will blitz on every down and force turnovers. The MTSU game (and the 4th down plays against FAU last week) proved that we still don't know how to call any kind of pass play against a good blitz---Troy is going to get lots of pressure just with their 2 stud DEs, let alone bringing anyone extra.

ln order to have a chance we have to establish the run game and stick to it....running fewer pass plays (limiting the sideline crap that gets picked off too much) and hope to just run the clock. Our defense is going to need all the rest it can get in this game.

funny

And a very late shout out to mrsgreengoblin , only missed it by 1 pt.

You should ask Harry to ban all prediction threads until we're better.

I've never been able to pick UNT lose a game, but lately I've not had the stomach to write down a score for the opponent.

<a href="http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28661&hl=PREDICTION" target="_blank">funny

</a>

And a very late shout out to mrsgreengoblin , only missed it by 1 pt.

That made me sad too I hope the fan in me is never that negative again.

Revisionist history sucks.

A year and a half after our last bowl appearance we fire the coach a week after having a heart attack.

The team then goes into the tank the rest of the season.

But hey if you thought it was ok to fire Dickey mid-season then you should have no trouble flushing Dodge after today's game.

Revisionist history sucks.

A year and a half after our last bowl appearance we fire the coach a week after having a heart attack.

The team then goes into the tank the rest of the season.

But hey if you thought it was ok to fire Dickey mid-season then you should have no trouble flushing Dodge after today's game.

I think I'd be on board if you went away as well

True, we did beat SMU that week.

Of course we lost 9 other games that year. That includes a 20 point loss to ULM, a 20 point loss to Akron, and of course that exciting 35-0 beating by MUTS.

For all of you so nostalgic for the good old days, your memory sucks.

Just for the record... If we do manage to beat Troy today, Dodge will have finally achieved as many D-1A victories through 31 games in more than 2 and a half seasons as we earned in that one year that was so bad we fired the coach.

That was not a good year by any stretch of the imagination. But it reminds me of the Chris Rock routine about the civil rights movements, where he says that the fire hoses and dogs of the 1950's looked like white people being nice compared to the 20's, 30's, and 40's.

It all sucks.

Maybe we can find Darrell Dickey's home address in New Mexico and shaft can go live with him, then he can place his nose squarely up DD's butt.

I'm sure any diversion would be welcome at New Mexico. Speaking of Coach Locksley, I've just read some about him and the press conference for his hiring, where he announced (this sounds eerily familiar, and I paraphrase), "a wide open, spread offense, throwing the ball all over the place". Then he hired Darrell Dickey as offensive coordinator.

So, Locksley was quite successful at Illinois (as offensive coordinator?), and was hired by an athletic director who, while AD at Bowling Green, hired a little known guy by the name of Urban Meyer. I've had real doubts about there being any real science behind hiring head coaches, but this makes the whole thing seem like voodoo.

So it makes you sad for a Mean Green fan to predict a loss? So if we were playing Florida today, you would predict a win?