Nepotism

shaft

I would agree that the QB position is not open for competition like it should be. However, once Riley gains some much needed experience he will be a valuable asset to the team. All the other QBs of his caliber are at top tier schools.

You do realize he is not a Top Caliber QB or else he would be at a Top Tier School as a QB. He would only be a Starting QB at a Mid-Major or low BCS. If Texas had recruited him as a QB he ould have gone there regardless of dad.

You do realize he is not a Top Caliber QB or else he would be at a Top Tier School as a QB. He would only be a Starting QB at a Mid-Major or low BCS. If Texas had recruited him as a QB he ould have gone there regardless of dad.

False. Texas recruited him as a QB, acknowledging that they might move him.

Maybe nepotism isn't the best policy.

It skews you judgment and runs off experience QBs.

Nepotism meaning, the only reason Riley is at North Texas is so he could play for his Dad? Very true. And the fact that our previous starter ran off because he was threatened by a better QB sure to unseat him? You may well be right. Good points.

Maybe nepotism isn't the best policy.

It skews you judgment and runs off experience QBs.

The Dodge era is the worst in school history.

So one of the highest rated recruits in the history of the university is a product of nepotism?

<sarcasm>

Right. UT only pretended interest when they said they were not certain of which position at which to play him. Could they have thought him an outstanding athlete capable of playing a number of positions? No, it is all a huge conspiracy. Mack Brown wants to help hurt North Texas football. You must be right.

</>

shaft, you should go to the games and visulize the difference between qb dogde and tune. there is a big difference and the difference is that dodge is a better runner. that kid is really good. tune is an excellent qb too, however, does not have the quickness and elusiveness as dodge. to me that is the biggest difference.

shaft, you do understand that coach dogde came into one of the worst situations in the last few decades at NT? overall, coach dodge took over one of the crappiest teams (with the exception of a handfull of players) i have ever seen .... and i have watched NT fb since '66. there have been a plethora of posts on these subjects so forget about my recap.

got5onit, hawkins won without his son in the last game. perhaps coach hawkins figured out his son was not the best qb. isn't qb hawkins a junior?

shaft, you should go to the games and visulize the difference between qb dogde and tune. there is a big difference and the difference is that dodge is a better runner. that kid is really good. tune is an excellent qb too, however, does not have the quickness and elusiveness as dodge. to me that is the biggest difference.

shaft, you do understand that coach dogde came into one of the worst situations in the last few decades at NT? overall, coach dodge took over one of the crappiest teams (with the exception of a handfull of players) i have ever seen .... and i have watched NT fb since '66. there have been a plethora of posts on these subjects so forget about my recap.

got5onit, hawkins won without his son in the last game. perhaps coach hawkins figured out his son was not the best qb. isn't qb hawkins a junior?

I think what we need is Riley's running and Tune's arm. Anybody know where we can find that QB?

nepotism?....really....I don't think RD is on the payroll. He is a talented young man and UNT should feel lucky to have him...the problem being he turns to ball over too often and is prone to injury

Tune doesn't have to mobility but prehaps he can get some traning in this...perhaps. Tune is less likely to turn the ball over and has a stronger arm and does a great job as QB...I says he stays the QB until proven otherwize.

I thnink RD will improve, but it will take a 1 or 2 and I don't know if TD has that much time....right now it doesn't look that way and RV better capitalize on the great student attendance and the new stadium ....strike while the iron is hot, because the football team isn't.

Bad arguments all the way around.

If he had our experienced QB, we wouldn't have to be suffering through a 3rd year of growing pains.

Dodge has proven he doesn't know how to coach college ball.

1st he brought in high school assistants that we're up to snuff, so we did get anything out of the Dodge year one.

Dodge year two was the growing pains year.

Dodge year three has involved shuffling the deck to but in junior which is the same as pushing the reset button.

And why did daddy start junior as a slot receiver last year? Nepotism affects your judgment.

And why did daddy start junior as a slot receiver last year? Nepotism affects your judgment.

obviously Riley doesn't have the athleticism to be on the field at all... on a side note, I believe that there has been a study done proving the use of water-less urinals causes blindness and irrational conclusions...

Bad arguments all the way around.

If he had our experienced QB, we wouldn't have to be suffering through a 3rd year of growing pains.

Dodge has proven he doesn't know how to coach college ball.

1st he brought in high school assistants that we're up to snuff, so we did get anything out of the Dodge year one.

Dodge year two was the growing pains year.

Dodge year three has involved shuffling the deck to but in junior which is the same as pushing the reset button.

You and TFLF should hook up. Plus, you should proof your posts prior to clicking "add reply." (see bold)

Have you seen any of the games in person?

Edited by UNTLifer

You and TFLF should hook up. Plus, you should proof your posts prior to clicking "add reply." (see bold)

Can you go a day without posting about Finch? Is this like an old, loveless marriage where if you don't complain about the neighbors, you just eat dinner in a cold, dim-light awkward silence while the sound of your wife's fork scraping against the plate slowly drives you mad?

Shut up and tell him what the actual temperature was at the game he apparently didn't make the trip to attend, so he can talk about how the rest of our fans aren't dedicated enough.

Guest JohnDenver

I somehow doubt he could be eligible.

He is still playing up here in Oklahoma. They are running a dual QB system under Kenny Evans.

He is their leading rusher AND leading passer. They only have 2 wins.

It is like a time machine.

He is still playing up here in Oklahoma. They are running a dual QB system under Kenny Evans.

I guess I had heard something about that, thanks for the reminder.

Shocking to see that he is still classified as a junior.

How does Kenny Evans have enough time to coach two quarterbacks and constantly berate Todd Dodge? Not enough hours in the day.