Tonight We Are All...

This is the country that we live in today.

Extreme left: Al Frankin, U.S. Senator

Extreme Right: Rush Limbaugh, bigot not good enough for the NFL

Scary, scary times in this country.

I wish people would look at how even moderate conservatives are being branded as racists, extremists, animal haters, enivormental terrorist, and just about everything else under the sun without one shread of proof to back up the claims. This should scare everyone, as if you don't agree, you could be branded just as well. Unfortunately, since their "team" is in charge, many just choose to ignore this behavior and the danger that it brings.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extreme left: Al Frankin, U.S. Senator

Extreme Right: Rush Limbaugh, bigot not good enough for the NFL

I wish people would look at how even moderate conservatives are being branded as racists, extremists, animal haters, enivormental terrorist, and just about everything else under the sun without one shread of proof to back up the claims. This should scare everyone, as if you don't agree, you could be branded just as well. Unfortunately, since their "team" is in charge, many just choose to ignore this behavior and the danger that it brings.

Oh! Oh! I love playing this game...my turn:

Extreme left: Michael Moore, sloppy mess that hardly anyone pays attention to

Extreme Right: Rick Perry, Gov. of Texas

I wish people would look at how even moderate liberals are being branded as racists, extremists, freedom haters, Christian terrorist, and just about everything else under the sun without one shread of proof to back up the claims. This should scare everyone, as if you don't agree, you could be branded just as well. Unfortunately, since their "team" is not in charge, many just choose to ignore this behavior and the danger that it brings.

Posturing. Why do they not care about the other conservative team owners?

Uhh, yeah there is a HUGE question about it. Rush Limbaugh is not a racist, and I've heard more racist comments come from the mouth of Jesse Jackson than that of Rush.

They (african american players) said nothing about playing for a "conservative" team owner (though I doubt rush is a true conservative). They said they would not play for a racist team owner like rush. Jesse is a racist too. No sense comparing those two, they are both idiots, regardless of how much money they have made.

Oh! Oh! I love playing this game...my turn:

Extreme left: Michael Moore, sloppy mess that hardly anyone pays attention to

Extreme Right: Rick Perry, Gov. of Texas

I wish people would look at how even moderate liberals are being branded as racists, extremists, freedom haters, Christian terrorist, and just about everything else under the sun without one shread of proof to back up the claims. This should scare everyone, as if you don't agree, you could be branded just as well. Unfortunately, since their "team" is not in charge, many just choose to ignore this behavior and the danger that it brings.

I'll play..

Michael Moore: considered a mainstream icon by today's youth and, more importantly, CBS, NBC, ABC, HBO, CNN, and MSNBC, whose films are viewed as gospel by a majority of young Americans.

Rick Perry: Unknown outside the State of Texas (and many would say outside of Austin)

As for your last paragraph, your right, moderate liberals have been treated in such a way. For an example, see Al Leiberman. The press has vilified him. Oh, wait, that was for agreeing with a quasi-conservative President on a war issue. How dare you vary from the party line, Mr. Leiberman!! Otherwie, your last paragraph is complete nonsense.

With that, it's homecoming weekend, so I invoke a football force field and refuse any more temptations for political discussion.

Edited by UNT90

Out of curiosity, if all of these made up quotes are so bad and Rush is being badly hurt by them, then why is he not suing for libel and slander? He has a very clear damage as a result, so it seems like an easy win. And a big media circus win would probably do a lot to repair his reputation.

He is considering a lawsuit for libel.

They (african american players) said nothing about playing for a "conservative" team owner (though I doubt rush is a true conservative). They said they would not play for a racist team owner like rush. Jesse is a racist too. No sense comparing those two, they are both idiots, regardless of how much money they have made.

Rush isn't a racist. He has blacks who work for him and fill in for his show - if he were a racist, do you think he would get intelligent blacks to sit in his chair? Nobody can come up with a verified racist quote.

I'll play..

Wait...we can take more than one turn?

Michael Moore: considered a mainstream icon by today's youth and, more importantly, CBS, NBC, ABC, HBO, CNN, and MSNBC, whose films are viewed as gospel by a majority of young Americans.

You're giving Michael Moore way too much credit...you sure you're not a closet liberal?

Rick Perry: Unknown outside the State of Texas (and many would say outside of Austin)

Oh, he's definitely made a name for himself...recall his veiled reference to Texas seceding from the U.S.?

As for your last paragraph, your right, moderate liberals have been treated in such a way. For an example, see Al Leiberman. The press has vilified him. Oh, wait, that was for agreeing with a quasi-conservative President on a war issue. How dare you vary from the party line, Mr. Leiberman!! Otherwie, your last paragraph is complete nonsense.

Never heard of him...if the press did vilify him, they didn't do a very good job. At first I thought you were referencing Joe L. You did nothing to address the point I was making about conservatives vilifying moderate liberals. It goes both ways...conservatives are just doing a better job of playing "victim" right now (easy to do when you're the minority in government).

With that, it's homecoming weekend, so I invoke a football force field and refuse any more temptations for political discussion.

Enjoy your homecoming...I look forward to pissing you off with my moderate liberalism in future political discussions.

But, GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Never heard of him...if the press did vilify him, they didn't do a very good job. At first I thought you were referencing Joe L. You did nothing to address the point I was making about conservatives vilifying moderate liberals. It goes both ways...conservatives are just doing a better job of playing "victim" right now (easy to do when you're the minority in government).

The press vilified Al so bad, he had to change his name to Joe and become a independant. :D

This isn't about how conservatives vilify libs or vise versa, this is about what the major news networks are reporting as facts and treatment of moderate conservatives (and even moderate libs who aren't lib enough) by those networks. These networks have never vilified liberals, just the oppposite. There seems to be a new tone to the political landscape that conservatism is equal to sexism, racism, anti-earthism, and every thing else under the sun. I expect it from Huffington, just like I expect the opposite from Linbaugh. I don't expect it from NBC nightly news. Like I said. scary times.

Who the hell is Al Leiberman anyway?

Rush isn't a racist. He has blacks who work for him and fill in for his show - if he were a racist, do you think he would get intelligent blacks to sit in his chair? Nobody can come up with a verified racist quote.

This statement, taken on it's own without the context when scrolling through pages of angry posts on all the forums, is extremely amusing.

Star Telegram: Country's divisiveness rearing its ugly head in pro sports.

Once Limbaugh’s name was leaked, it was only a matter of time really, until the political ambulance chasers were on the scene calling for the NFL to just save the world from speech they do not agree with. And they only needed a single word to rally troops: racist.

Rick

Rush is stupid!!!

Rush is the Mesiah!!!

Rush is great for the country!!!!

Rush is a dum dum!!!!

Rush is just plain ol talk radio person that caters to people who are dumb!!!

Really I just called you dumb....well you are......now deal with it!

Wow, how creative you are there. I really expected more from you when you make such associations as profit margins == CEO salary.

You could put whatever name you want in there and modify the 2nd to last statement to fit the person's current role in American society. Let me illustrate:

Obama is stupid!!!

Obama is the Mesiah!!!

Obama is great for the country!!!!

Obama is a dum dum!!!!

Obama is just plain ole politician that caters to people who are dumb!!!

Really I just called you dumb....well you are......now deal with it!

Now, how about we go out and find something less ... grade school ... to say.

Ugh, did you listen to Rush's comments, or the nimrods who wish to GOD they got the type of people to pay attention to them as Rush does himself? ...the guys who sit there and defend Acorn. This was recorded in 2008 and now in 2009, we discover Rush was right on about Acorn and these guys... well, not so much.

...because what Rush says there is absolutely right, and in no way shape or form racist.

Edited by yyz28