We Should Go Back To 1aa

emmitt01

And we should obviously take Tulsa with us. Clearly since they went into a hostile environment to face a top 5 team (whoops OU isn't top 5) then they should just scrap football. I mean, they got SHUTOUT 45-0. Nevermind what happens the rest of the season, one loss to a powerhouse and you should throw in the proverbial towel.

My god, I feel gay just posting this junk sarcastically.

And we should obviously take Tulsa with us. Clearly since they went into a hostile environment to face a top 5 team (whoops OU isn't top 5) then they should just scrap football. I mean, they got SHUTOUT 45-0. Nevermind what happens the rest of the season, one loss to a powerhouse and you should throw in the proverbial towel.

I hope not as GAY as someone who starts a thread like this seriously!

What a poor statement about going to 1aa. We did lose badly, but not like we had before the last two years. We had guys that were in position to make tackles this year. This was not the case last year. We made them work most of the time for their touchdowns. This was unlike the quickstrike posessions the last few years. I believe in two years these games could be competetive. The talent will catch up. I am proud of their effort. I think it will be a fun competetive year. I am real jived about next year, though. Baby steps fellas, baby steps.

GMG

What a poor statement about going to 1aa. We did lose badly, but not like we had before the last two years. We had guys that were in position to make tackles this year. This was not the case last year. We made them work most of the time for their touchdowns. This was unlike the quickstrike posessions the last few years. I believe in two years these games could be competetive. The talent will catch up. I am proud of their effort. I think it will be a fun competetive year. I am real jived about next year, though. Baby steps fellas, baby steps.

GMG

You don't seem to grasp sarcasm well...seems I even spelled it out too. Hmmmm

You don't want to go down this road with me. Lest I list all the times that we (as a 1-aa program) actually beat D-1 programs (including TCU...BY ACTUALLY TACKLING AND KNOCKING THE CRAP OUT OF THEM) when we had MUCH LESS MONEY AND 'SHIPS TO GIVE OUT.

Dodge didn't want another 77-0 Oklahoma game or whatever that was - can you blame him? We have too many positives starting to roll and it doesn't make sense to get hurt and only losing by 20. This wasn't Vandy or Wake, this was the 4th ranked team in the country! Nothing we were going to do was going to be them at this stage in our game.

Time to move on and get back on the W side. When we go 2-2 at the end of September we will be 4 wins away from bowl eligibility! Bring it Mean Green and let's go 1-0 in SBC play!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!