Play Callin Hurt Tunes Chances!

saysojoe

I feel sorry for Tune.....Coach dodge game plan was very unfair to him. They never let him get in a groove and the play calling was lack luster. I don't think it would have been the same if "little dodge" was in the game. I dont care if they are the number 4 team........ our "O" is better that that. It wasnt tunes or the running backs fought it was the play calling. Whats up with letting all the 2nd team play except for Baine. If they werent going to let tune pull the ball and run they could at least put him in to see what he could do.

I feel sorry for Tune.....Coach dodge game plan was very unfair to him. They never let him get in a groove and the play calling was lack luster. I don't think it would have been the same if "little dodge" was in the game. I dont care if they are the number 4 team........ our "O" is better that that. It wasnt tunes or the running backs fought it was the play calling. Whats up with letting all the 2nd team play except for Baine. If they werent going to let tune pull the ball and run they could at least put him in to see what he could do.

I agree. I don't think Tune looked too bad all things considered. Terrible play calling in my opionion. Looks like Dodge just wanted to get it over with and get out of there. I disagree with that attitude regardless. If we were going to call plays like that, we should of given Baine a little big game experience. If Riley turns out to be truly injury prone, we are going to regret not having a third option with some real game experience.

the writers from Bleacherreports.com said they expected Baine to play since he is a bigger clone or Rylie Dodge. I dont get our head coach sometimes and try to support the man every Saturday and I'm there every home game and have been the past 10 years. But game plans like that just piss me off.

I will be there next Saturday supporting the players with alittle bitter feelings for Coach Dodge.

It wasnt tunes or the running backs fought it was the play calling.

yeah I thought the team fault hard, not their fought they didn't pull the upset :blink:

This is the most knee jerk board I have ever witnessed. After the win over MTSU next week these same "haters" will be talking about how great things are again. Next loss they'll jump right back off the bandwagon.

You could put any game plan together you wanted, NT doesn't have the horses for these games yet.

lol yes it was Dodge's fault on the playcalling that our line couldn't block and Tune kept hitting 3-yard routes or actually throwing to receivers on a screen when he there are 5 defenders standing around him! that's funny

All true, but it's up to TD to try and make the correct play calling adjustments to HOPEFULLY make something good happen. Likely wouldn't have had a lot of success anyway, but I didn't see much effort on TD's part to try and make something happen. He cried uncle a bit to early in my opinion, but hey that's just my opinion.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Baine is going to Redshirt. He was only the emergency back up. As I see it We had no turnovers and what looks like no major injuries. I think that was Dodge's game plan.

Baine has already redshirted. The game was long ago lost; why not give him some PT. He has more speed than Tune. What was the problem?

I agree on the poor playcalling on our part. Dodge/Ford never gave our offense any chance at all. The only offense to speak of were the throws to Carey and the TD pass to Dunbar. The running game was non-existant with most of the plays right up the gut; that is to say right into their strength.

The defense gave a good effort but it was far from what they are capable of.

Now, let me say this about Alabama. That may have been the biggest, strongest college team in my memory. They might be a little vulnerable to a team with terrific team speed but otherwise, I don't see anyone stopping them if they play that well.

I personally do not believe this game would have been much different if Riley had played today. Yes Bama is a great team, but look what FIU was able to do last week against the same group? They were down 20-14 at the break only losing 40-14. I am afraid that the Ball State win (which each week starts to look worse as they continue to lose) made us believe this team was better than it is. It will be interesting to see what Ohio does tonight.

I personally do not believe this game would have been much different if Riley had played today. Yes Bama is a great team, but look what FIU was able to do last week against the same group? They were down 20-14 at the break only losing 40-14. I am afraid that the Ball State win (which each week starts to look worse as they continue to lose) made us believe this team was better than it is. It will be interesting to see what Ohio does tonight.

Agreed.

I think last weeks FIU game played against us this week. I'm sure the Bama players got a pretty good ragging this entire week for letting FIU hang with them. Today was a statement game for the Tide and if FIU had been the team this week, FIU would have had the same results as UNT did today. It's not just about teams but what happens week in and week out that drives football. Upper tiers still take game days off during the season, it's almost impossible to keep teams completely focused and a week like last week for Bama splashed some water on their faces and had them ready so they would not let it happen again. If UNT played them last week, I would've expected to have better results than we did today.

I was happy with the o-Lines pass blocking today, wish we could've seen some deeper routes, more fringe running, and fewer punts. Overall, our guys played in front of a hell of a crowd in a stadium with a rich history, and should be able to learn some from the experience. This will toughen us up for the real season start next week!! GMG!!

I'd like to know how the running plays were supposed to be run by Tune. Was he not supposed to make a read, then decide to hand-off or not? Basically every run play he just handed off immediately and made no effort to sell the option keeper. The ONE drive that he did do that, we scored a TD. So....was this what the coaches wanted out of him?? I thought our line was definitely outmatched in this game, but that there were holes had the play fake been sold even a little bit.

Do we win the game if we execute that stuff? Probably not....but it just looked like a give-up every time we handed off.

I think last weeks FIU game played against us this week. I'm sure the Bama players got a pretty good ragging this entire week for letting FIU hang with them. Today was a statement game for the Tide and if FIU had been the team this week, FIU would have had the same results as UNT did today. It's not just about teams but what happens week in and week out that drives football. Upper tiers still take game days off during the season, it's almost impossible to keep teams completely focused and a week like last week for Bama splashed some water on their faces and had them ready so they would not let it happen again. If UNT played them last week, I would've expected to have better results than we did today.

I was happy with the o-Lines pass blocking today, wish we could've seen some deeper routes, more fringe running, and fewer punts. Overall, our guys played in front of a hell of a crowd in a stadium with a rich history, and should be able to learn some from the experience. This will toughen us up for the real season start next week!! GMG!!

we will see.....

I agree....Tune looked good, should have had better plays called for him....still think TD is the problem, not just this game but all 3 games so far. I was impressed with Tune and this was his first start as a QB and this was against Bama....great job Tune.