Favorite Inexpensive Beer?

Back in College (and afterward) I drank Old Milwaukee. I was introduced to it when one of my friends (and the band he was playing in) played for the Sig Eps rush event (around 1974). The Sig Eps had a soda machine in their rec room which they loaded up with Old Milwaukee that they had purchased at the grand opening of one of the Lake Dallas liquor stores. The liquor store was selling Old Mil for .88 per six pack, and the Sig Eps were selling it out of their soda machine for .50 per can. They could not keep the machine fully stocked. I think someone finally turned them in, but not before they made a very nice profit on the event.

Now my cheap beer is Bud Light Lime.

Edited by SilverEagle

Milwaukee's Best in the 32 oz can. Usually found at QT and Racetrack for 2 for $2.22. Get the Ice, and you won't remember your name after 64 oz of that stuff.

I tried a six-pack of Busch Light the other day and found it drinkable, but then I haven't had any beer more high falutin' than Pabst in about a year and a half.

I guess this is also a good time to report that I saw styrofoam ice chests in the Race Trac on 380 and 35 with the Miller Lite and North Texas logos. So because of their contribution to UNT brand awareness, I would refer starving students to go buy 32 oz cans of Milwaukee's Best and keep them cold in a brand new UNT ice chest.

Guest JohnDenver

I am not so sure Lone Star belongs on the 'inexpensive' list anymore. Ever since they threw up billboards throughout the state claiming to be an import from the Republic of Texas, their prices went up as well. Last I saw a six pack was the same price as Shiner.

79cAUug7LI8

Milwaukee's Best in the 32 oz can. Usually found at QT and Racetrack for 2 for $2.22. Get the Ice, and you won't remember your name after 64 oz of that stuff.

word!!!!! i drink these now all the time!!!! love this stuff, but i have to have the beast light!

Lone Star and Pearl Lite.....however, my favorite inexpensive beer when I was an undergraduate at UNT was whatever someone was buying for me! Free Beer = GREAT BEER to a college undergrad, right? Be honest.....

Lone Star. Locally brewed, and until a couple of years ago, I could go to a party and nobody would take my beer.

Being in San Marcos, I toob the river the after work sometimes. In those instances, A 32-oz Miller High Life is the way to go, you get them at the hobo-friendly price of $1.49

I've spent an extraordinary amount of time in San Marcos over the past month. It's probably my second favorite Texas college town, behind Sweet Denton. A lot of Lone Star consumed in those parts and that makes me happy. Good things going on there, too. Lot of school spirit. Seems like anytime I bring up UNT everyone is ready to argue with me about why Texas State is better. I suppose that's a boon for your fan-base.

My #1 complaint has been that they won't take my out of state ID anywhere in the vicinity of San Marcos for the purchase of beer. Getting into the bars has also been a hassle. Makes me wonder what out of state students do. Suppose I could just go get a new Texas ID, but that wouldn't afford me the opportunity to bitch, now would it?

I consumed a stupid amount of Miller High Life while living broke as hell in Tennessee. There was a bar on Broadway called Robert's Western Wear I used to frequent that played nothing but classic country, including the great Bob Wills. Anyways, they offered their own "Stimulus Packages" which featured a burger, a high life, and a moonpie for $4.50. That's livin' the High Life.

I've spent an extraordinary amount of time in San Marcos over the past month. It's probably my second favorite Texas college town, behind Sweet Denton. A lot of Lone Star consumed in those parts and that makes me happy. Good things going on there, too. Lot of school spirit. Seems like anytime I bring up UNT everyone is ready to argue with me about why Texas State is better. I suppose that's a boon for your fan-base.

My #1 complaint has been that they won't take my out of state ID anywhere in the vicinity of San Marcos for the purchase of beer. Getting into the bars has also been a hassle. Makes me wonder what out of state students do. Suppose I could just go get a new Texas ID, but that wouldn't afford me the opportunity to bitch, now would it?

I consumed a stupid amount of Miller High Life while living broke as hell in Tennessee. There was a bar on Broadway called Robert's Western Wear I used to frequent that played nothing but classic country, including the great Bob Wills. Anyways, they offered their own "Stimulus Packages" which featured a burger, a high life, and a moonpie for $4.50. That's livin' the High Life.

Don't San Marcos bars close @ midnight?