Any Interst In This Quitter?

Sure, but UNT has a couple of excellent QB's. I wonder if Cook could play DB or WR?

Just for the sake of not hurting any feelings I'll agree that Riley is better than this Cook kid... But you are currently high if you don't think Todd Dodge would sign this kid to IMMEDIATELY be our #2 quarterback. I wonder if your hold on reality will be able to take the season ahead.

I’m sure there will be interest in Cannon Smith up in the Memphis area because his dad is the founder of FedEx. Heard he was coming back to Memphis to make his decision. ASU recruited him out of High School but he committed to Ole Miss. Don’t remember the circumstances but the offer was pulled. Not a bad player.

besides, how cool is it to be a qb named Cannon

You said this. Not me.

So it depends on talent level of the quiter? Whether or not the quiter is valuable to us?

Please explain, because I thought that was exactly what you said. There isn't any difference between this kid and Stradford. Please don't give me the whole "Hurricane Katrina" bit. While it's a nice excuse to try to forego the transfer rule, fact is Stradford was not going to be a starter at OU, knew it, and chose to transfer. Good for Stradford, it doesn't make him a quiter, just like it doesn't make Cook a quiter.

So it depends on talent level of the quiter? Whether or not the quiter is valuable to us?

Well, yeah. Of course it does. If the quitter sucked, maybe he should have quit.

Nice grab for Rice. I am impressed seeing how both U of H and Rice are continuing to build up their programs. Waiting for my day in the sun...

Well then, it's a good thing the NCAA ruled Tyler Stradford ineligible, cause we don't need quiters, right?

Dodge would take this kid in a heart beat.

90 - we gotta get you a sarcasm detector...