Stradford's Appeal Denied By The Ncaa

untcampbell

Guest GrayEagleOne

I agree with every thing said about the NCAA; they are sinking to the realm of politics.

It sounds as if Oklahoma wasn't much help in trying to save a year of eligibility for Stradford. Maybe the second appeal is with their active participation otherwise what's the point?

If we lose a second appeal then I hope that we flood the NCAA office with examples of their granting eligibility to far less deserving individuals. It won't help Stradford but maybe we'll be thought of as the squeaky wheel of the future.

I agree with every thing said about the NCAA; they are sinking to the realm of politics.

It sounds as if Oklahoma wasn't much help in trying to save a year of eligibility for Stradford. Maybe the second appeal is with their active participation otherwise what's the point?

If we lose a second appeal then I hope that we flood the NCAA office with examples of their granting eligibility to far less deserving individuals. It won't help Stradford but maybe we'll be thought of as the squeaky wheel of the future.

Maybe you've heard or read something that I don't know about......but I had heard from Coach TD that Stoops was in favor of Tyler getting to play this year. And that OU had been helpful.

Dink and dunk here we come!

Not so fast...think Outlaw....and from what I have seen, there are some pretty good receivers on this team that can add a long threat. This is a "bad deal" from the NCAA and I totally agree that if he had transferred to OU from UNT instead of vice versa for the very same reason, he would be suiting up for the Sooners this year. But, that's the hand UNT was dealt...so, go with it and make it work...think Outlaw...when you see him play, I think you be "less concerned" about this obviously bad decision from the NCAA.

GO MEAN GREEN!

A cruel reminder-

Good things don't ALWAYS happen.

Sad, but not surprised.

Oh, don't go there quite yet....the GOOD THING here is that it now opens up and opportunity for another player (Outlaw perhaps) to step up and gain experience that he would not have gotten should the appeal been granted for Tyler...then when Tyler joins the team next season, everyone is saying what a great decision for the Mean Green it turned out to be...more years for Tyler and another WR with great experience to "double up" and to push Tyler to be even better. Let's just see how this turns out...might just be a GOOD THING HAPPENING FOR THE MEAN GREEN after all...I choose to find the silver lining in this cloud of bad NCAA decision making.....

I'm wondering how the RB who transferred from USC to Arkansas got approved. I'm not crying about this. I'm just mad as hell. They could have said no months ago, but then, that might have given us time to appeal before the season starts. I'm sick to death of these situations.

Oh well, time for someone to step up! Who's going to be our next Fitz!

I bet it you polled the Arkansas fans, not one of them would admit they had any hope that he would have been granted that by the NCAA.

Oh, don't go there quite yet....the GOOD THING here is that it now opens up and opportunity for another player (Outlaw perhaps) to step up and gain experience that he would not have gotten should the appeal been granted for Tyler.

See, I like the way you think. I remember fondly thinking to myself last season as one of our corners got beat on a deep touchdown pass..."He didn't blow that coverage. He opened up an opportunity for the receiver to catch the ball."

See, I like the way you think. I remember fondly thinking to myself last season as one of our corners got beat on a deep touchdown pass..."He didn't blow that coverage. He opened up an opportunity for the receiver to catch the ball."

I remember thinking that as well, and also commenting how thoughtful and giving he was. Really the whole defense was quite the charitable group. They graciously gave that guy from MTSU the game of his career, and that other guy 6 scores, and Rice a headline to remember ...

... we should be called the Gracious Green.