Big Things Are Happening For Grapevine, Texas

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/1501641.html

Big news for the entire metroplex. This project seems legit and not like other ones proposed in the past.

Across from Grapevine Mills, next to a Hilton, Gaylord, Embassy Suites, and Great Wolf Lodge, and DFW airport. Can't beat the location and amenties to attract people to this attraction.

Supposed to be done in 2011, same year as our proposed stadium.

Good things are happening in the DFW metroplex. Like I was telling everyone, the recesssion is not affecting the DFW area and the best place to live in the U.S.A.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/1501641.html

Good things are happening in the DFW metroplex. Like I was telling everyone, the recesssion is not affecting the DFW area and the best place to live in the U.S.A.

As much as I love UNT, I'm gonna have to disagree with the last part of this statement. Colorado is God's country.

I know I'm gonna get roasted for this :(

Edited by BeanCounterGrad'03

I know I'm gonna get roasted for this :(

Only by people who "love America" but have never seen it...though the Columbia River Gorge just east of Portland, OR is actually God's country.

As for Grapevine, I guess they are putting Arlington on notice...there is a new city of bits in the Metroplex.

I do hope their Aquarium will be considerably better than the Dallas Aquarium.

If you like aquariums , I highly suggest the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.

I have heard such things...I lived about an hour away from Baltimore as a youngster and they have a beautiful one in the Inner-Harbour. I loved that place so much I made sure that Baltimore was a stop on my move back up North.

An ex took me to the Dallas Aquarium for my birthday back in school...after a big build up I was pretty damned disappointed. Didn't like the Aquarium either.

*2013 might be a good year to go check out the Georgia Aquarium

Edited by Censored by Laurie

I have heard such things...I lived about an hour away from Baltimore as a youngster and they have a beautiful one in the Inner-Harbour. I loved that place so much I made sure that Baltimore was a stop on my move back up North.

An ex took me to the Dallas Aquarium for my birthday back in school...after a big build up I was pretty damned disappointed. Didn't like the Aquarium either.

I was underwhelmed by both the Georgia and the Dallas Aquariums. The Georgia one is a little too... theme park-ified for me. The Tennessee Aquarium is still my favorite, but I saw it as a kid and I may be mythologizing it in memory.

Already got that planned ;) . They have a sleep over night at the aquarium where you can stay in the room with the big ass tank and they light it all up.

Tasty when was the last time you went ? They have done a lot of work to it over the past few years. I just got back from there last month , it was better than when I went a few years ago. Only part that sucked was they moved the penguins into the " VVIP" part where you had to pay extra $ to see them in a guided tour.

Already got that planned ;) . They have a sleep over night at the aquarium where you can stay in the room with the big ass tank and they light it all up.

Tasty when was the last time you went ? They have done a lot of work to it over the past few years. I just got back from there last month , it was better than when I went a few years ago. Only part that sucked was they moved the penguins into the " VVIP" part where you had to pay extra $ to see them in a guided tour.

First and only visit was in October of last year, the week before the ULM game.

Not saying it was bad, just didn't live up to the hype. And the theme parky stuff just isn't for me. I like my educational destinations to be boring and fun-free, thank you very much. If you took away a few fish, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between the Aquarium and the World of Coke.

CMJ is the type who moves to Cali then bitches about the pacific time zone

:lol:

Sometimes the Pacific timezone is a drag with tape delay!

(I do miss northern Texas a lot, but I also enjoy here. However, having traveled through around 40 states - there are sections in nearly all that I could label "God's Country" - tho I'm kinda partial to East Texas where my grandparents retired...really beautiful out there)

:lol:

Sometimes the Pacific timezone is a drag with tape delay!

(I do miss northern Texas a lot, but I also enjoy here. However, having traveled through around 40 states - there are sections in nearly all that I could label "God's Country" - tho I'm kinda partial to East Texas where my grandparents retired...really beautiful out there)

I smell a work day ennui spin-off thread.

I recently went to the Aquarium, with my daughter, on a Tuesday.... I was just beginning to see, now I'm on my way.

Bravo

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMsveqwyUgE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMsveqwyUgE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Downvote 1