Please Support Our Sponsors

Harry

We have had a great response to our ads that run on the site and we appreciate your support of them very much. If you have an opportunity to do business with any of our sponsors I encourage you to do so. Their support allows us to continue providing GoMeanGreen.com as a resource for fans of the Univesity of North Texas. If you haven't yet, please take the time to visit our sponsor's websites. If you are considering purchasing gameday wear, please visit Voertman's; need some good food and fun in Denton stop by Pourhouse Sport Grill; need a great lawyer and former UNT letterman contact Clinesmith Law; for Real Estate former UNT letterman Colt Mahan - Realty Executives; and for your Healthcare, Employee Benefits and General Insurance needs please contact The Miers Group. As we head into our new advertising season, please take the time to learn more about these fine companies who support the Mean Green!

We have steered clear of annoying pop-up ads and subscription services for a reason. It takes just a few minutes of your day to pay them a visit online. Please help us to continue that by supporting our sponsors! Thanks for all you do and Go Mean Green!

The Denton Chapter of the Alumni Association set up their Mixer for July 9th at the Pourhouse in part due to their support of GMG.COM and UNT in general. Now, how about some GMG.com posters showing up at the mixer? Starts at 6:30PM...should be a good time to meet and greet and get to enjoy some "words of wisdom" from RV and hear about the new stadium, etc. Oh, yes, it will also be your first chance to buy the new "collector's edition" TANK ARMY T-Shirt!!!!!

Thanks to all our sponsors...I was doing a bit of Voertman's shopping just the other day myself as well.

Edited by KRAM1

Now, how about some GMG.com posters showing up at the mixer?

Thanks to all our sponsors...I was doing a bit of Voertman's shopping just the other day myself as well.

I do plan on showing up at the Pourhouse mixer on Thursday wearing a North Texas shirt I bought at Voertman's a few weeks ago.

Can someone with some photoshop skills get a UNT shirt on that picture of Lynndie England?

How is it that in the football forum, where the moderator is actually asking us to thank and support the website's sponsors, that THIS would be an appropriate reply? Come on, man. We get that you are liberal--and we know that we are in a free country with free speech, but really? This is what is humorous to about three or four of you on the board. The rest of us, especially after the 4th of July just passed, probably don't think a photoshop of a soldier that committed crimes having a UNT shirt on is respectful of the soldiers or the university. Its just not funny.

How is it that in the football forum, where the moderator is actually asking us to thank and support the website's sponsors, that THIS would be an appropriate reply? Come on, man. We get that you are liberal--and we know that we are in a free country with free speech, but really? This is what is humorous to about three or four of you on the board. The rest of us, especially after the 4th of July just passed, probably don't think a photoshop of a soldier that committed crimes having a UNT shirt on is respectful of the soldiers or the university. Its just not funny.

Not directed at you Jim, but I miss the days where I only knew the political views of "three or four of you on the board."

Good to see that everything stays contained so well in the hidden forum.

Actually I don't see how this is political at all. Just a suggestion of something I thought would be funny on a t-shirt.

If its not your type of humor, cool.

I bet the idea of U.S. service men and women bobbing and scrambling for buoys didn't put a stitch in everyone's side.

SinkNavy-noship.jpg

I love Voertmans. I always make it a point to swing by when I'm in the DFW area.

When I was in college in the late 60's and early 70's, I used to go to Voertman's and dream of when I would have the money to really buy some of the neat things they carried. Now that I have a few bucks to spend, I make it a point to go back and shop. It always brings back old memories and, suprisingly, I still love the items they carry. I will definitely stop by soon and share a few of my bucks with them. By the way, Mr. Voertman was honored by the UNT Alumni Assn. this year...well deserved! He has supported UNT for a long, long time.

Can I suggest a change to ThANK ARMY

or something similar ?

No...shirt's printed and going on sale. In fact, I have "cleared" this with both a West Point cadet (he thinks it's funny and likes the graphics...he mentioned what Navy and Air Force do when they play each other...said we are pretty "calm") and a current Naval officer who liked the Sink navy shirts...(in fact he liked the original version with the ship too).

BTW...it's a football game...just in case you were wondering.

And to our good Mean Green friend CBL...you just don't get out much do you? :lol:

Edited by KRAM1