Idea For The Upcoming Football Season

UNT90

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way out of the price range, unless they give a HUGE discount to UNT.

Meanwhile, bands like Eli Young could be had from between $5,000 and $10,000.

their appearances this month are at places like the ardvark (ft. worth), dans silver leaf and the rbar...are these venues going to pay 75-100 grand?

what if there was one performance per year that was a little higher profile than the rest and they played post homecoming game? doesn't help the other 4-5 games, but homecoming might break 25,000.

their appearances this month are at places like the ardvark (ft. worth), dans silver leaf and the rbar...are these venues going to pay 75-100 grand?

what if there was one performance per year that was a little higher profile than the rest and they played post homecoming game? doesn't help the other 4-5 games, but homecoming might break 25,000.

Playing them after the game wouldn't be a bad idea. It might get people in the stands early, and keep them around. Texas State tried it the other way around last year. We brought the bands (Cory Morrow, Reckless Kelly, Randy Rogers, some Reggaeton artist, some local guys) in during the pregame tailgates. Their hope was draw people to tailgate, have a good time, and then they will go to the stadium come game time. Attendance was alright, but I don't know if it caused a significant increase.

The only problem I see with moving something like that to postgame versus pregame is that in the pregame, everyone is drinking beer having a good time--creating a party atmosphere. If you have a concert inside the stadium, you can't have that same party atmosphere because you won't be able to consume alcohol.

The only problem I see with moving something like that to postgame versus pregame is that in the pregame, everyone is drinking beer having a good time--creating a party atmosphere. If you have a concert inside the stadium, you can't have that same party atmosphere because you won't be able to consume alcohol.

I remember Pat Green playing in the Pit back in '01. This is right around the time Pat was starting to blow up. It was a decent crowd but nothing great. I do like the idea of the post-game concert but I don't think that it would add that much to current attendence. Most students and alumns who would be interested in something like that are probably already at the game. I just don't see this having a huge affect on attendence.

I remember Pat Green playing in the Pit back in '01. This is right around the time Pat was starting to blow up. It was a decent crowd but nothing great. I do like the idea of the post-game concert but I don't think that it would add that much to current attendence. Most students and alumns who would be interested in something like that are probably already at the game. I just don't see this having a huge affect on attendence.

don't get me wrong, i don't think this will make a huge difference...maybe 3000-4500 (for a homecoming game), but i think that amount for only one game could be beneficial. money from ticket and concession sales, increased annual average attendance, and the possibility of attracting new fans would all help.