Ncaa Sez Major Violations At Memphis

SHOCKED! Simply shocked! A basketball program at a major program is suspected of wrongdoing! SHOCKED! What is this world coming to these days? Is this really a story at all? Have we not come to expect this sort of thing will be "discovered" 4-5 times a year at different "major" (and perhaps not so major" programs?

And, how sad is that when you "expect" this will happen and don't get too worked up about it?

SHOCKED! Simply shocked! A basketball program at a major program is suspected of wrongdoing! SHOCKED! What is this world coming to these days? Is this really a story at all? Have we not come to expect this sort of thing will be "discovered" 4-5 times a year at different "major" (and perhaps not so major" programs?

And, how sad is that when you "expect" this will happen and don't get too worked up about it?

It will be interesting to see how the NCAA handles CUSA violations. God forbid this happen to a non-Goldenboy program (like FCS or Sunbelt school) because we would receive the death penalty.

I wonder if Coach Cal will have to suffer any fallout from this, or does he get to leave it all in the lap of the school he left?

The NCAA is not investigating Callipari, just Memphis. I hope that answers your question.

Calipari probably knew the NCAA was coming and that's why she skedadled.

Rats do seem to like to leave sinking ships...just saying. BTW...is calipari a "she"????? Last time I looked I thought he was a guy??? Sex change going on perhaps???? :lol:

Rats do seem to like to leave sinking ships...just saying. BTW...is calipari a "she"????? Last time I looked I thought he was a guy??? Sex change going on perhaps???? :lol:

It was just cause I dislike Coach Cal. ;) No, just a typo - nice catch Kram. Now fixed.

Edited by CMJ

The NCAA is not investigating Callipari, just Memphis. I hope that answers your question.

Yep, there's no way the head coach of the basketball team would or should be aware of academic issues with his players.

Still waiting for the NCAA to do an investigation of the Reggie Bush deal at USC.

Pete Carroll will be retired before the NCAA completes, hell even starts, an investigation of USC's football program.