White Team Wins!

Before I get to gloating I wanted to thank everyone who came out and who helped. It was a cluster but we got it done

Especially Kram for coordinating the shirts and the money and Green Dozer and Sound Man for the Q. Stebo big time for all the help behind the scenes.

Looks like it was about $400 going to the fund after all is said and done.

I know Emily took some pics and I will upload mine.

Looking forward to it next year

Also we are thinking about getting a BBall one going? Any interest out there?

I would be down for basketball as long as me and my roommate are still on the same team! hahahahah

Good times today. I am working on my write up from the game and my "Brett Favre-esque" post game remarks :ph34r: but first i must go to a birthday party of sorts... I am sure that will make the write up that much better after a dozen or so beers!

Had a great time with you guys. Turns out I do actually have some sort of football skill, guess I just played the wrong position in junior high. Lookin forward to next year already.

If you want to get a basketball game goin, I of course would be fine with that.

I'm starting my training for next year's games on Monday.

Thanks to all that came out. We lost in a heated 20-16 battle but I like everyone on the White team so I didn't even care. Thank you to the Green team, you guys are the best and we will get em next year. My knee is blown up like a balloon from my turf accident! I really hate losing but it was so much fun and my girlfriend took some great pictures... we will upload them here in a bit. Thanks again to everyone involved and for Nightmare for doing most of the heavy lifting. Thanks to UNT_92 Fan for his mohawk, dealing with my coaching tirade, lol - and for coming through with a clutch call to get the flags secured. And thank you to the ref that saved the day! Finally, thank to the players and a SPECIAL thanks to Sound man and crew that dragged the BBQ out and had tailgating food waiting for us when the game ended.

Thanks to Hank from the Athletics Department - we got to play this game on Fouts and that was a GMG.com first (all bathrooms were unlocked and ready for us as well)! Thanks to Harry for running the best fan message board in the Southwest! Thanks to everyone that observed in prayer as we honored Drew, and thank you to Justin for the inspirational words during that prayer. Thanks to JayDub for showing up from Utah!

Lots of thanks to go around! Such a great cause and such great fun! Basketball anyone?

Edited by stebo

The game was a "hoot" yesterday. My bride and I had a great time watching the "athletes" compete, but the best of all was just being there and being part (a small part" of the event. Got to meet some more GMG.Com members...and for those who take this board too personally sometimes...DON'T. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is just having a good time and enjoying the fun of being part of the Mean Green Nation.

I really want to say thnaks to Dozer and Soundman for the great food after the game...folks, these guys can cook! And, JayDub was there to watch the festivities all the way from Utah! Now...what can you say about Green Nightmare for keeping the tradition alive? Great job and I say thanks to all...it really was a great day, and I, for one, will look forward to being part of next year's event.

A big thanks to the Athletic Dept. I asked a couple of attendees this question...just what other DI program in the country can you think of that would, for no fee or cost, allow a bunch of folks to use their home field for a touch football game and on top of it maiking certain the restroom were open for anyone needing them? Say what you want, but I think the Athletic Dept. is very "user friendly" and deserves a big shout out of THANKS!

Fun day...hope to see even more participants next season. I'll volunteer again to do anything I can to help. Count me in!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Yeah it was great seeing everyone and catching up, glad everyone is doing well considering the economic situation.

The game was great as always and im glad it was competitive from both sides.

Thanks to everyone for the stress and frustration that I am sure went into making this game possible, such as the Ref, KRAM, GreenNightmare, Stebo, and hope im not leavng anyone out.

Here's to a great football season and what we do best and that is cheering on our Mean Green.

I enjoyed meeting all of you. It is good to get together and put these aliases we have here with faces. I know we share different points of view and opinions on this board, but all of hearts are "Mean Green". If there is a game next year, which I bet there will be, we'll be there to serve up some grub again.

Before I get to gloating I wanted to thank everyone who came out and who helped. It was a cluster but we got it done

Especially Kram for coordinating the shirts and the money and Green Dozer and Sound Man for the Q. Stebo big time for all the help behind the scenes.

Looks like it was about $400 going to the fund after all is said and done.

I know Emily took some pics and I will upload mine.

Looking forward to it next year

Also we are thinking about getting a BBall one going? Any interest out there?

I would definitely be in for bball if we can get enough people interested.