Forrest Rucker Dmn Blip

DallasGreen

Surprised I have seen nothing today on above development. Much was made of him in the fall until he broke the collar bone. Now he's not in school and facing felony credit card theft charges. Yet they still say he could be eligible this fall. At lot was made about DD getting outlaws in here, but with the crew that played the race card, Niwigwe's legal problems, scores of positive doping tests, the harshest academic penalty handed down by NCAA ( 5 FB & 1 BB ships lost), can you really contend that the present regime has players that are of any better character or more committed. It happens when you have four years like the last have been. Players wear thin and it gets old when you're already out of nearly every game by the end of the first quarter, a la, the exit of quality players like Dibrell and Vizza.

Surprised I have seen nothing today on above development. Much was made of him in the fall until he broke the collar bone. Now he's not in school and facing felony credit card theft charges. Yet they still say he could be eligible this fall. At lot was made about DD getting outlaws in here, but with the crew that played the race card, Niwigwe's legal problems, scores of positive doping tests, the harshest academic penalty handed down by NCAA ( 5 FB & 1 BB ships lost), can you really contend that the present regime has players that are of any better character or more committed. It happens when you have four years like the last have been. Players wear thin and it gets old when you're already out of nearly every game by the end of the first quarter, a la, the exit of quality players like Dibrell and Vizza.

From all accounts Dibrell and Vizza wern't exactly angels off the field. The APR was something that was not really on TD's clock as it takes into account the last yrs or something. Race card...irrelevant as nothing ever came from it. Nwigwe was a DD recruit, TD let him back, but sometimes you have to take a persons character into account more than their actions. This prolly goes for Rucker as well.

On top of what H-towngreen stated, you may not have seen this:

From FW Star Telegram/gmg thread

Rucker also admitted his mistake to the person that owned the card prior to going to the police and is making amends. I give him a pat on the back for taking responsibility, which to me, earns him a second chance.

Edited by UNTLifer

On top of what H-towngreen stated, you may not have seen this:

From FW Star Telegram/gmg thread

Rucker also admitted his mistake to the person that owned the card prior to going to the police and is making amends. I give him a pat on the back for taking responsibility, which to me, earns him a second chance.

Thanks for letting me know this is old news--what a fine paper that DMN almost as good as DRC!!!

And if what Lifer posted is fact, then he should come back. A wrong is a wrong, but the job of a college is to teach people how to make decisions in life. This kid made a poor one, accepted responsibility (which is more than I can say for a couple of other players), and is working to make amends. It should have been handled internally to begin with. What would have been wrong with working at McDonald's until 1:00 AM and then running bleachers at Fouts for an hour at 6 AM the following morning, being held in a study hall, etc? And most here would not want the book thrown at their kid. This saying this or that is easy until it happens within your family. The kid deserves a chance, and should not been thrown to the curb, and you would not want your kid on the curb for this either. I bet if you look deeper, it is just some parents who didn't like their daughter seeing this kid for whatever reason, just a guess on my part. No, right does not make a wrong, but if we recruit only in the Christian schools, I can guarantee you our record will not improve.

The part that worries me is the fact that he is not on campus this spring. So not working out with the team. Hopefully he keeps his nose clean and keeps his studies up as well.

Hopefully he stays on the straight and narrow. Hopefully, we can witness a changed young man committed to earning his degree at UNT.

And if what Lifer posted is fact, then he should come back. A wrong is a wrong, but the job of a college is to teach people how to make decisions in life. This kid made a poor one, accepted responsibility (which is more than I can say for a couple of other players), and is working to make amends. It should have been handled internally to begin with. What would have been wrong with working at McDonald's until 1:00 AM and then running bleachers at Fouts for an hour at 6 AM the following morning, being held in a study hall, etc? And most here would not want the book thrown at their kid. This saying this or that is easy until it happens within your family. The kid deserves a chance, and should not been thrown to the curb, and you would not want your kid on the curb for this either. I bet if you look deeper, it is just some parents who didn't like their daughter seeing this kid for whatever reason, just a guess on my part. No, right does not make a wrong, but if we recruit only in the Christian schools, I can guarantee you our record will not improve.

Kind of impossible when multiple felony charges are involved. No one knows the circumstances surrounding the crime, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be given another chance, depending on those circumstances, but there is NO WAY this should or could be handled in-house. A poor decision is being drunk and getting a Public Intoxication arrest. This is much more serious than that. There is every possibilty that if he does return to the team that it will be as a convicted felon on probation. How would that sit with folks on here?

I would think that if there were special circumstances surrounding these FELONIES, the prosecutor would have already disposed of this case. That, as far as I have heard, hasn't happened.

Edited by UNT90

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you on that statement. It is NOT the the job of colleges to teach basic issues of right and wrong to students THAT IS THE JOB OF THEIR PARENTS. College teaches you how to academically problem solve at a higher level than....well....High School.

I remember several years ago hearing about a former USC (maybe it was UCLA) football player who sued his school because he couldn't read or write. He thought that he was going to have a pro career, and when that didn't happen, he couldn't make it in the real world.....so he sued his school. My wife and I were shocked at such a situation. Our shock was that an athlete that couldn't read or write was allowed to attend a college, and that the athlete and his family thought that it was USC, or UCLA's fault. The only fault was that the college in question committed fraud in bringing him in and calling him a "student athlete", and it wasn't detected for four or five years. If anyone needed to be sued in this situation, it's the primary school system where he attended and/or HIS PARENTS.

Edited by SilverEagle

No, right does not make a wrong, but if we recruit only in the Christian schools, I can guarantee you our record will not improve.

Interesting. Texas must work differently than California. In CA, Christian schools are the BEST places to recruit from. They're the only high schools that can and do openly recruit for their own programs!

Jim, exactly what is your point here? Do you want the kid back, if he can clean his act up so he can help the team?

I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you on that statement. It is NOT the the job of colleges to teach basic issues of right and wrong to students THAT IS THE JOB OF THEIR PARENTS. College teaches you how to academically problem solve at a higher level than....well....High School.

I remember several years ago hearing about a former USC (maybe it was UCLA) football player who sued his school because he couldn't read or write. He thought that he was going to have a pro career, and when that didn't happen, he couldn't make it in the real world.....so he sued his school. My wife and I were shocked at such a situation. Our shock was that an athlete that couldn't read or write was allowed to attend a college, and that the athlete and his family thought that it was USC, or UCLA's fault. The only fault was that the college in question committed fraud in bringing him in and calling him a "student athlete", and it wasn't detected for four or five years. If anyone needed to be sued in this situation, it's the primary school system where he attended and/or HIS PARENTS.

Silver, I agree with you. Unfortunately, a lot of these kids come from broken homes and were fortunate they made it this far without them getting into trouble. What my point is, and a lot of other athletic programs have it, is a mentoring program that help these young athletes adjust to the responsibilities of a college athlete. And I think, like a dedicated strength coach, a life skills coach overseeing some mentors would be a great asset. I have a feeling since Rucker was hurt, he was not being held accountable for the responsibilities he had. Also, check your PM.