Here's How The Coaches Ranks The Teams

jperg2

Wow. Baylor's Art Briles had Texas #5? Many coaches had Texas at #4 or #5 with USC ranked ahead of them. If anyone is "screwed" by not having a playoff, this year it's USC, not Texas. USC's defense has only given up 93 points. I bet they'd shut down OU or Florida.

Only one coach put OU lower than #3. UCLA's Rick Neuheisel had OU #4, also putting USC above them.

As predicted, TCU's Patterson picked OU #1.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Pat Hill: #1 Oklahoma, #2 Florida, #3 USC, #4 Texas, #5 Alabama

As much as I want to see UT play in the national championship game..I think I agree with this as a true power ranking more than any other poll. And no, I'm definitely not a Pat Hill homer.

Wow. Baylor's Art Briles had Texas #5? Many coaches had Texas at #4 or #5 with USC ranked ahead of them. If anyone is "screwed" by not having a playoff, this year it's USC, not Texas. USC's defense has only given up 93 points. I bet they'd shut down OU or Florida.

Only one coach put OU lower than #3. UCLA's Rick Neuheisel had OU #4, also putting USC above them.

As predicted, TCU's Patterson picked OU #1.

Might have been more than 93 if they were in a real conference like the MWC

Holy crap! I knew their defense was stingy, but didn't realize it was that stingy! Paterno better be watching tape of the Oregon State and Stanford games and find out what the heck they did to get double digit scores!

It's the reason I believe they were really the best team in the country despite a so-so offense.

Three defensive starters from the Oregon State contest were benched after - and have yet to regain their starting positions. That's what you call punishment. :lol:

Holy crap! I knew their defense was stingy, but didn't realize it was that stingy! Paterno better be watching tape of the Oregon State and Stanford games and find out what the heck they did to get double digit scores!

Just for clarification: I do not like USC, never have, never will and Pete Carroll makes me dislike them that much more. With that said, who did USC really play this year?

The PAC 10, outside of USC and Oregon State, was pretty weak, Notre Dame was weak, they exposed Ohio State, like UT will also, for not being athletic. I just think USC should be #5 behind OU, Texas, Florida and Alabama. I personally think UT and OU should be playing for the national title.