Fw *telegram Article

OldTimer

Nt has 12 seniors.

Nt is "PLAYING" with one of the youngest teams in D-1.

Nt is, also, "PLAYING" with about the number of players as other FCS (formerly D-1AA) teams.

Tina brings up an interesting point on all the other teams with the approximate amount of underclassmen.....however......HOW many of Tina's teams, that she listed, are "STARTING THE SAME AMOUNT OF FRESHMEN AND SOPHMORES" as NT?? (maybe SMU) That is NOT in Tina's report......however......other fire td "jumpin' off the ship rats" thinks that this is a "fair" comparison? yea right......analyze that tina.

______

another point.....how many of the same teams that tina is mentioning is playing the "SAME" number of players as Nt?

tina is just throwing out stats.....like the brown stinky stuff and hopes that it will stick......IMHO, it does not stick it just stinks.

BTW, i am going to be giving away crow........i understand it taste just like chicken......SE may have some local reciepts.

Since Tasty can't post, I called him on our magic red phone (i.e. cans and string) to see if he had anything else to say (we love to do this gay ritual on the Lord's day - and every other day.) Here's his response:

All I wanted to say was that Troy Phillips wrote an article - not for the first time - that was riddled with false assumptions and flat out incorrect information. For not the first time, I tried to make it a point to show where he was incorrect. If you want to argue anything besides what Phillips and I were addressing, that's a different argument, but the excuses that Phillips put forth and the way he phrased them, even though they sound convincing, turned out to be the exact same situation for every school in the state.

Phillips made an assumption and I'm not trying to throw poop anywhere. There's a time and a place for poop-throwing, and I don't have that time right now.

These are the facts behind what Phillips said. Take them for what they are worth. You're gonna see things however you are going to see things and I'm not trying to convince you of anything, because if there is one person's opinion on GMG.com I could care less about, it would be yours. See you in a couple of months - I'll keep an eye out for rat traps.

Love,

The Tasty Greek

P.S. We'll make sure that none of our Bolivian soldiers are allowed to "jump rats, jump" in honor of you.

To add one more thing:

We are all going to see what we want to see except for those of us who are going to not see what they not see.

I think everyone already knows that eulesseagle is in the "not see" camp.

Carry on.

Not surprised at who wrote the sloppy article, the biggest Dodge apologist of them all: Troy Phillips. Is this guy getting kickbacks from Dodge???? The knob slobbing from this guy is un-freakin'-believable.

Tasty, you should forward this article to teh editor of the FWST.

Edited by Got5onIt

Name me one D-1A team that:

1. Starts as many freshmen and sophmores as NT?

2. Has so few players (similar to FCS, formally d-1aa)?

once some of you can figure that out then post.

quoner....please dont say mtsu and ask someone to look up the facts. :lol:

This is why I point to MTSU:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/terrapins...ngest_team.html

MTSU is tied with Alabama as having the fewest scholarship seniors of anyone in the country. MTSU and the Tide have both nine seniors on their rosters.

It was mentioned a few times when we were about to play them, which is why I figured it was already on this board and not worth rehashing.

There is no way another school lost 8 scholarships this year:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/28036-w...holarship-blues

No one is arguing that the scholarship losses played a huge role, but if they played a bottom 3 round-robin between us, Washington and WSU, who are you betting on?

Guest GrayEagleOne

Regarding the total number on the squads of the other Texas Division 1-A....if my memory is correct, I believe that all are in violation of the NCAA rule. Hell, I'm old and forgetful but my memory tells me that only 120 are allowed before the season starts and only 105 after.

On the point of 77 scholarships, I would think that three of the scholarship athletes left after the 80 mandated by the NCAA. Those three, plus the two additional that we pick up this year (82 vs. 80) is likely why Dodge said that we have 22 scholarships to give. But how many of those will go to current walkons?

The one part of Phillips' article that really bothered me (and only Grand Green picked up on it) was the buyout. There is no way in hell that the buyout can be $495,000 MONTHLY, even over one year. Since there would be only two years left after 2009 that would make the cost close to $6 million. I assume that the total buyout would be the half-million figure. If that's the case, and next year is a repeat of this year, that might be a bargain because of the amount of fans that he would alienate.

There may be a decent amount of truth in Troy Phillips' article but there is also a lot of innuendo, finger-pointing and unanswered questions as well. I believe the quote from Lance White but ALL were not of Dickey's doing. The only share of the blame given Dodge were the seven or eight of his signees that left the program. Will there be anymore to follow?

I do understand that Todd Dodge inherited a lot of problems at his signing but he has added to the mess by refusing (at least so far) to accept any of the blame. He also places no fault for our terrible record on his coaching staff. Even inexperienced talent, if well coached, doesn't get blown out ten of the twelve games played.

I'm also confused as the rest about the defensive line problems. I don't pretend to understand the Miller situation nor the moving of our best defensive end to tackle. What a waste! I hope that he can recruit a couple of great tackles from the CC ranks but how well will they be coached?

Name me one D-1A team that:

1. Starts as many freshmen and sophmores as NT?

2. Has so few players (similar to FCS, formally d-1aa)?

once some of you can figure that out then post.

quoner....please dont say mtsu and ask someone to look up the facts. :lol:

Are you kidding? Just out of curiosity about your question I looked up four local universities that changed coaches the same year as NT. Based on last posted lineups on their official websites for the 22 starting players excluding special teams, the lineups included:

SMU started 9 freshmen and 2 sophomores for a total of 11

La Tech started 3 freshmen and 6 sophomores for a total of 9

Tulane started 5 freshmen and 5 sophomores for a total of 10

Rice started 2 freshmen and 6 sophomores for a total of 8

North Texas started 3 freshmen; Johnson, Freely, and Williams 5 sophomores Gill, Santiago, Vizza, Robertson, Penson for a total of 8

The North Texas could vary one or two based on what lineup actually started versus what was reported. However, it should be obvious that the number of underclassmen starting is not at all unusual.

I don't really understand your second point, FCS teams have a maximum scholarship level of 63. The total scholarship players at other schools would be very difficult to obtain, however I would guess that there are many with similar numbers as NT at 77. To prove my point the following schools were also santioned by the NCAA and could not have scholarships above these levels ( also including 2008 records):

Akron 80 5-7

Idaho 77 2-10

San Diego State 79 2-10

San Jose State 67 6-6

Temple 81 5-7

Toledo 79 3-9

UAB 76 4-8

Washington 77 0-12

UNT 80 1-11

Are you kidding? Just out of curiosity about your question I looked up four local universities that changed coaches the same year as NT. Based on last posted lineups on their official websites for the 22 starting players excluding special teams, the lineups included:

SMU started 9 freshmen and 2 sophomores for a total of 11

La Tech started 3 freshmen and 6 sophomores for a total of 9

Tulane started 5 freshmen and 5 sophomores for a total of 10

Rice started 2 freshmen and 6 sophomores for a total of 8

North Texas started 3 freshmen; Johnson, Freely, and Williams 5 sophomores Gill, Santiago, Vizza, Robertson, Penson for a total of 8

The North Texas could vary one or two based on what lineup actually started versus what was reported. However, it should be obvious that the number of underclassmen starting is not at all unusual.

I don't really understand your second point, FCS teams have a maximum scholarship level of 63. The total scholarship players at other schools would be very difficult to obtain, however I would guess that there are many with similar numbers as NT at 77. To prove my point the following schools were also santioned by the NCAA and could not have scholarships above these levels ( also including 2008 records):

Akron 80 5-7

Idaho 77 2-10

San Diego State 79 2-10

San Jose State 67 6-6

Temple 81 5-7

Toledo 79 3-9

UAB 76 4-8

Washington 77 0-12

UNT 80 1-11

Next argument: none of those schools have winning records.

Of course, if we had any of those records except SDSU, Idaho and Washington, it would be a sure sign of progress.

Some people are just going to not-see what they want to not-see. Accept it. Move on.

all im going to say, is im willing to give dodge one more season, i wish he would fire the ST coach but that isnt going to happen. I think dodge and any other college coach deserves at least 3 years, but if NT doesn't go 5-7, 6-6, or better next year then he needs to be fired....I think instead of everyone fighting, we should all just rally around OUR program and OUR coach, and see if the ship can be righted....if the situation is the same this time next year....then feel free to bitch, but dividing the hardcore fans is not good for the future of this program...so let us all just get along!

There is no way in hell that the buyout can be $495,000 MONTHLY, even over one year.

The article says NT would be on the hook for the remainder of TD's contract(5 year contract) after the '09 season which would be for two more years thru 2011. I'm just guessing here but that may mean he would be paid $495,000 in monthly increments, or around $20,625 monthly?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

You are all entitled to your opinions... and so am I. This fire fire fire crap is just making you all look very silly. If the administration comes to that conclusion... then so be it. But dear lord, this is just getting to be sad.

I have been refraining from posting for a while. I'm sure I'll be told that is just fine by some of you. I'm ok with that as well.

FACT: This is just dumb...er..that is an opinion...err...uh...I'm going to slump over in my chair and vomit a little on myself now that I've wasted 30 seconds typing this email err....post...uh...give up....

Edited by SHOSS

You are all entitled to your opinions... and so am I. This fire fire fire crap is just making you all look very silly. If the administration comes to that conclusion... then so be it. But dear lord, this is just getting to be sad.

I have been refraining from posting for a while. I'm sure I'll be told that is just fine by some of you. I'm ok with that as well.

FACT: This is just dumb...er..that is an opinion...err...uh...I'm going to slump over in my chair and vomit a little on myself now that I've wasted 30 seconds typing this email err....post...uh...give up....

That...is././/making...people...seem...er...pre...ty dumb, hu,...ggfh?

Someday both sides will stop providing material, but until then, I will have so much to make me laugh each and every day.

Regarding the total number on the squads of the other Texas Division 1-A....if my memory is correct, I believe that all are in violation of the NCAA rule. Hell, I'm old and forgetful but my memory tells me that only 120 are allowed before the season starts and only 105 after.

On the point of 77 scholarships, I would think that three of the scholarship athletes left after the 80 mandated by the NCAA. Those three, plus the two additional that we pick up this year (82 vs. 80) is likely why Dodge said that we have 22 scholarships to give. But how many of those will go to current walkons?

The one part of Phillips' article that really bothered me (and only Grand Green picked up on it) was the buyout. There is no way in hell that the buyout can be $495,000 MONTHLY, even over one year. Since there would be only two years left after 2009 that would make the cost close to $6 million. I assume that the total buyout would be the half-million figure. If that's the case, and next year is a repeat of this year, that might be a bargain because of the amount of fans that he would alienate.

There may be a decent amount of truth in Troy Phillips' article but there is also a lot of innuendo, finger-pointing and unanswered questions as well. I believe the quote from Lance White but ALL were not of Dickey's doing. The only share of the blame given Dodge were the seven or eight of his signees that left the program. Will there be anymore to follow?

I do understand that Todd Dodge inherited a lot of problems at his signing but he has added to the mess by refusing (at least so far) to accept any of the blame. He also places no fault for our terrible record on his coaching staff. Even inexperienced talent, if well coached, doesn't get blown out ten of the twelve games played.

I'm also confused as the rest about the defensive line problems. I don't pretend to understand the Miller situation nor the moving of our best defensive end to tackle. What a waste! I hope that he can recruit a couple of great tackles from the CC ranks but how well will they be coached?

I believe that's 105 before classes start and a 120 limit after classes start.

That...is././/making...people...seem...er...pre...ty dumb, hu,...ggfh?

Someday both sides will stop providing material, but until then, I will have so much to make me laugh each and every day.

Quoner, you are my new leader. I can't take anyone else seriously. I believe YOU will lead us to a successful program. All you have to do is type it on this forum, and the administration at U of NT will do it. Please, show us the way.

BTW, the Dodge hire date birthday is coming up. Are we going to have a party? Should we celebrate by saying that getting a not-so-solid verbal(aka not in writing) committment from a juco dt is grounds for firing him again? and why do we need a qb in a recruiting class? Do qb's deserve to be invited to the party?

Help me Quoner. Help me...

Quoner, you are my new leader. I can't take anyone else seriously. I believe YOU will lead us to a successful program. All you have to do is type it on this forum, and the administration at U of NT will do it. Please, show us the way.

BTW, the Dodge hire date birthday is coming up. Are we going to have a party? Should we celebrate by saying that getting a not-so-solid verbal(aka not in writing) committment from a juco dt is grounds for firing him again? and why do we need a qb in a recruiting class? Do qb's deserve to be invited to the party?

Help me Quoner. Help me...

Not sure where you are going with that since I didn't do anything but react positively to the DT and never questioned any of the QB signings (I think we'll need them all), but I'm happy to bring the cake to the party. Maybe it can have that lovable ghost from Mario Bros. on it. What was his name? Was it boo? Perhaps a nice boo cake is the way to go.

I generally don't waste time giving my advice here, but as long as everyone is around to provide material and poor logic while I work a desk job, I'm so in. Oh, and I like to make dirty jokes sometimes too.

Not sure where you are going with that since I didn't do anything but react positively to the DT and never questioned any of the QB signings (I think we'll need them all), but I'm happy to bring the cake to the party. Maybe it can have that lovable ghost from Mario Bros. on it. What was his name? Was it boo? Perhaps a nice boo cake is the way to go.

I generally don't waste time giving my advice here, but as long as everyone is around to provide material and poor logic while I work a desk job, I'm so in. Oh, and I like to make dirty jokes sometimes too.

Just keep the cake away from that dasterdly Wario.

Not going anywhere but to the party. and there will be much laughter. I didn't mean to imply YOU were reacting negatively towards a dt recruit... I apologize if I wasn't clear. THIS IS MERELY AN ATTEMPT TO illustrate how insane this board makes me, and that you truley are the voice of reason by standing on the sidelines and enjoying a funny aside or 2...

I would like to take a second to celebrate the DT not-so-committment. 300 and up is a great thing to see in a prospect/recruit... gmg... and for the record, I like the qb as well. qb's from high school typically, but not always, bring some leadership to the table for the program...whether they are playing qb or some other position in college.

Please stop the hate. try to love one another right now...

Not going anywhere but to the party. and there will be much laughter. I didn't mean to imply YOU were reacting negatively towards a dt recruit... I apologize if I wasn't clear. THIS IS MERELY AN ATTEMPT TO illustrate how insane this board makes me, and that you truley are the voice of reason by standing on the sidelines and enjoying a funny aside or 2...

I would like to take a second to celebrate the DT not-so-committment. 300 and up is a great thing to see in a prospect/recruit... gmg... and for the record, I like the qb as well. qb's from high school typically, but not always, bring some leadership to the table for the program...whether they are playing qb or some other position in college.

Please stop the hate. try to love one another right now...

Come on people now...