New Coach Fund

shaft

Is there any way to set up a fund through the athletic department, NT-exes, or some other organization where the donations could be used as the signing bonus for a new coach?

I really don't want to withhold cash from the university, but I don't want to just give the the stadium fund and say that everything is ok the Dodge product.

Is there any way to set up a fund through the athletic department, NT-exes, or some other organization where the donations could be used as the signing bonus for a new coach?

I really don't want to withhold cash from the university, but I don't want to just give the the stadium fund and say that everything is ok the Dodge product.

I think that is how they do it at most schools, but its usually the AD that organizes it.

or you could be the guy that starts firetodddodge.com and get donations there, and offer it up as one big 'donation' to the new head coach.

I think that is how they do it at most schools, but its usually the AD that organizes it.

or you could be the guy that starts firetodddodge.com and get donations there, and offer it up as one big 'donation' to the new head coach.

No snark intended at all here. Is it legal to provide financial compensation from private donors?

Well, that one furniture guy, made sure his donation went to the practice facility only if it met his demands. I am sure we could do the same, saying we will pledge our money when we get a new coach. Then the University can use that money to fund the buyout or whatever it wants. I think that is how it is done. Here is some reading about college coaches in an old article and how they are paid.

Really, money talks. I am sure if we could rustle up enough cash-ola, we could do anything we wanted.

Setup a private foundation to benefit the college or college group, form a board from the donors, have the board manage the fund and determine where (and when) the funds should be sent. If the board does not approve of the way the funds are being used by the recipent group, the funds can be rolled back into the account for further investment. Been a part of one myself!

Rick has RV's cell and his ear. The most public figure of Mean Green Sports has the phone line to the "bat cave" to start the ball rolling. If you want anything done with UNT athletics, Rick is the man who can get it done.

When he wears his hat, people stop dead in their tracks and listen, especially at the athletic office. Rick got Mendoza tossed for his on the field behavior so when Rick talks, heads roll. LOL

Rick has RV's cell and his ear. The most public figure of Mean Green Sports has the phone line to the "bat cave" to start the ball rolling. If you want anything done with UNT athletics, Rick is the man who can get it done.

When he wears his hat, people stop dead in their tracks and listen, especially at the athletic office. Rick got Mendoza tossed for his on the field behavior so when Rick talks, heads roll. LOL

By Rick, are you referring to FFR?

He's one of our better fans.....a long time great fan. On the other hand, you're an insignificant little schmuck who thinks he knows every damn thing. Here's hoping that your smartass mouth gets your ragged out ass kicked real soon.

By Rick, are you referring to FFR?

He's one of our better fans.....a long time great fan. On the other hand, you're an insignificant little schmuck who thinks he knows every damn thing. Here's hoping that your smartass mouth gets your ragged out ass kicked real soon.

Wow. I love when you choose sides, it makes me warm and tingly. I was paying Rick a compliment, he personally got Mendoza fired. Well, at least by the actions of Mendoza preparing to kick Rick's ass, he got fired. Rick took one for the team.

Wow. I love when you choose sides, it makes me warm and tingly. I was paying Rick a compliment, he personally got Mendoza fired. Well, at least by the actions of Mendoza preparing to kick Rick's ass, he got fired. Rick took one for the team.

I can only assume you do not have the best interests of North Texas at heart, so who cares what you say. Go away!

I love how you volunteered to spearhead this effort.

Please keep us all informed how it's going.

You are certainly on the right track, but the school needs to get behind it and coordinate and promote it for it to be effective. That is their day job.

The idea is to take it outside of the school's control. If the school controls the funds, they can do what ever they like with them at any time.

Setup your own group and with a decent sized fund, there is suddenly new found influence!