Goal

The most points given up in a season by a I-A/FBS school is 553 by U-LaLa in 1997. We've given up 440 in nine games thusfar. If we play to our average, we should beat that record handily (586). We came close last year. Oh...and if we give up 500, Todd Dodge will join former UNLV coach Jeff Horton as the only I-A/FBS coaches to lead schools to two 500+ points allowed seasons. Not to be outdone by Horton, Dodge could also do it in consecutive seasons. Good work!

553 - Louisiana-Lafayette........1997 / NCAA I-A

551 - Nevada-Las Vegas.........1996 / NCAA I-A

541 - North Texas..................2007 / NCAA FBS

532 - California......................1994 / NCAA I-A

520 - Nevada-Las Vegas.........1995 / NCAA I-A

518 - Minnesota.....................1983 / NCAA I-A

518 - New Mexico...................1988 / NCAA I-A

505 - Northwestern (IL)..........1981 / NCAA I-A

502 - Colorado St..................1981 / NCAA I-A

To keep from being the record-holders, our defense has got to allow less than 35 points a game over the final three games. Can it be done?

[Note: Northwestern and Colorado State did not play one another in 1981...although, what a game that would have been!]

The most points given up in a season by a I-A/FBS school is 553 by U-LaLa in 1997. We've given up 440 in nine games thusfar. If we play to our average, we should beat that record handily (586). We came close last year. Oh...and if we give up 500, Todd Dodge will join former UNLV coach Jeff Horton as the only I-A/FBS coaches to lead schools to two 500+ points allowed seasons. Not to be outdone by Horton, Dodge could also do it in consecutive seasons. Good work!

To keep from being the record-holders, our defense has got to allow less than 35 points a game over the final three games. Can it be done?

[Note: Northwestern and Colorado State did not play one another in 1981...although, what a game that would have been!]

See if Dodge does that, that is just something else for the record books. Who said Dodge wouldn't set some records while he was here?

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't see any way in hell that we can win the scoring defense this year. Washington State has already given up 3 more points than we have and have four games to play, whereas we have only three. WSU has given up 60 or more five times this year, including the last three in a row, and must face high-scoring Arizona, Arizona State, Washington and Hawaii.

If we can hold Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic and Middle Tennessee to their scoring average we'll hve just over 500 points scored against us for the season. Dodge might still get in the record book for giving up 500+ points in two consecutive seasons. Arkie State is the only team with a lot of firepower. The other two have averaged about 18 points each, even below our 20 pints scoring average.

Actually the magic number is 114, we've only given up 440 points. We've got a little more wiggle room now.

Also, there should be an asterisk beside the 2007 team and the 2008 team when they make the list because all the other teams played no more than 11 games and we would have accumulated the totals with 12.

Edited by Green Crazy

I don't see any way in hell that we can win the scoring defense this year. Washington State has already given up 3 more points than we have and have four games to play, whereas we have only three. WSU has given up 60 or more five times this year, including the last three in a row, and must face high-scoring Arizona, Arizona State, Washington and Hawaii.

A buddy of mine is a big WSU fan. We've consoled each other often this year. WSU has a chance to win another as they do play a winless Washington, so we're not out of the woods yet.

However, with a win under our belt now I believe this team will come together and win at least one more.

We're on our way to history! We given up 486 points in ten games. Dodge and company are 14 points away from back to back 500+ point seasons.

And for those who squawk about how there is now an extra game in the regular season, the team had given up 503 points through 11 games last season.

We're on our way to history! We given up 486 points in ten games. Dodge and company are 14 points away from back to back 500+ point seasons.

And for those who squawk about how there is now an extra game in the regular season, the team had given up 503 points through 11 games last season.

Which coach's team will give up 500 points in fewer games...Todd Dodge or Johnny Jones?