17.5 Underdog To Wku

pUNT

I cannot recall exactly but didn't WKU take some BCS teams pretty late in games? I remember atleast one game in which they gave a good fight against a pretty good team but just fell short at the end. I seriously hope we win but I am not betting on it.

They played Virgina Tech real tough , but fell 27-13

Doubtful. After 0-12 he may be transferring.

Riley made the biggest mistake of his life not going to UT. He would have been a back up WR forever but he would have won games.

Why did TD experiment with Riley at the slot instead of QB? If Riley is the next best thing since Keystone Light, and knew the system better than any coach, and is the most talented QB on the team, why would TD attempt to burn his shirt at the slot with over 10 or 12 scholarship WR's on the bench?

Transferring, where? No way he can take the pounding at QB nor WR, that is already proven, one concussion and he's out for the season?

Riley made the biggest mistake of his life not going to UT. He would have been a back up WR forever but he would have won games.

Why did TD experiment with Riley at the slot instead of QB? If Riley is the next best thing since Keystone Light, and knew the system better than any coach, and is the most talented QB on the team, why would TD attempt to burn his shirt at the slot with over 10 or 12 scholarship WR's on the bench?

Transferring, where? No way he can take the pounding at QB nor WR, that is already proven, one concussion and he's out for the season?

I think he really wanted to be a QB. If UT wasn't an option to be QB then he could have gotten to another school or at the very least a mid major like UNT. Alot teams are adopting the spread offense so I do not see that it would have been a problem him going somewhere else other than UT and UNT.

I thought he went by Jesus H. Christ around SLC and Denton. :rolleyes:

By that, do you mean the Son of God?

Honestly, I don't fault Riley Dodge for anything. I don't think he can transfer as long as his Father is still around. Can you imagine the trips home for Thanksgiving every year?

"Let's all take a turn and express what we're thankful for."

Riley -- "I'm thankful that I'm playing for a team that doesn't suck."

Todd the Father -- "I'm thankful for the spread offense, but wishful that my ungrateful son hadn't moved on"

I doubt Riley transfers and I doubt Dodge is fired.

In fact I hope and pray that Dodge is not fired. The cupboard was bare when Dodge came in here, this wasn't going to be something that would be fixed over night. Lets see what kind of improvement this team has next season and go from there. I like the fact that our defense has had some bright spots the last three games, and I like the fact that we are running the ball well. I think if we can eliminate the big play we can win ball games and that is something that will come with more experienced players. We had 17 underclassmen participate in offensive and defensive snaps, I doubt there is any other division 1 team that can say that. When these underclassmen continue to grow and become upperclassmen I think we are going to praise dodge for his patience, and allowing these players to take their lumps. I just hope you knee jerking anti-dodge fans will still be there to cheer them on.