Let's Face It Folks...

NCMeanGreen

Dr. B was interviewed at halftime. She was wearing an over 21 Miller Lite bracelet and seemed kinda buzzed.

Lucky...I'm sitting in the back of a Starbucks of New Haven dreaming of the Longhammer IPA I will be enjoying once I give up midway through the third quarter again.

I knew it was going to be a long season but they look god awful out there against Tulsa. Its not even halftime and its 35-7. NT is getting bitch slapped in all areas of the game. Just a pathetic showing.

I have to admit, it was pretty bad sitting there watching that joke of a first half. This team has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ways to go.

My assessment from the peanut gallery is that the raw talent is there, but there's not any discipline. They shot themselves in the foot a couple times with those defensive penalties, and it all went downhill from there.

Our offense has taken a step back since last year. Our offense could do very little in the first half.

I was hoping for 6 wins this season. I honestly don't even know if we can win more than 2. FIU and maybe WKU or UL-La. I have seen absolutely nothing that indicates otherwise.

I'm going to reiterate that what I saw were fundamental mistakes. I will reserve judgment as to whether I should attribute that to youth on the players side or poor discipline on the coach's side. If it's youth, look for that bowl eligibility in 2010. If not, well...then it will have been four years, the players will all belong to Dodge, and it might be time to start asking some tough questions.

It is times like these that will test the mettle of a coach who's used to winning state championships in high school. I'm sure college kids are a whole 'nother fish to fry when it comes to personal management.

My assessment from the peanut gallery is that the raw talent is there, but there's not any discipline.

I agree with this assessment. So far, I think over the last two years, our overall talent lvl has significantly increased, but we can't really expect to go up against a 10-win Tulsa team from last year with a young team that won 2 games last year and expect to come out on top. It did NOT appear to me, as it has so many times in the past, that our guys were just outclassed by theres (perhaps along the D-Line this is still the case, IMO). Our boys can play. Team speed has gotten better. There were a lot of missed tackles on a few plays, but for the most part, the issues were in positioning, losing track of the ball, getting beat by the PLAY (not the man). We looked night and day better than we did last year. It mostly seems to me that people are upset that Tulsa and our conference mates have passed us by, which is something they all did several years ago, before Todge was given the reigns.

I was plenty disappointed with some things today, but I don't think it's as doom and gloom as everyone wants to make it out to be. Tulsa and Kansas State are way ahead of where we are. Accept that for now, not forever. It's reality, and no amount of Green Kool-Aid will make it not so.

I think it has some, but I also think the offense wasn't nearly as good last year as some made it out to be, especially late in the season.

Absolutely agree. It's been the same with this O since day one, padding stats in garbage time but can't bring it when it counts.

My assessment from the peanut gallery is that the raw talent is there, but there's not any discipline.

Where have we heard this before?

I am seeing a whole lot of the things we all got pissed at DD for...remember that guy??? Are the results with TD much different??? I am talking about W's and L's...I could give a rat's ass about any other numbers

Where have we heard this before?

I am seeing a whole lot of the things we all got pissed at DD for...remember that guy??? Are the results with TD much different??? I am talking about W's and L's...I could give a rat's ass about any other numbers

DD had 9 years. I personally felt he should've been fired 4 years in. If TD's results are not better when his guys are seniors, then I think you can make the case for getting rid of him. I think the talent lvl is much better now than it ever was in the DD years, but that talent is young, as is the system they're in.

DD had 9 years. I personally felt he should've been fired 4 years in. If TD's results are not better when his guys are seniors, then I think you can make the case for getting rid of him. I think the talent lvl is much better now than it ever was in the DD years, but that talent is young, as is the system they're in.

I kinda agree....that was a mistake in itself...DD was here 9 years and right when he was probably going to get canned we had the big successful run. We cannot waste time with TD. By the end of year two or at the very least beginning of year 3 we need to see SOMETHING that resembles progress and something thats headed in the right direction. If next year is any indication of the last 14 games under the TD era then by golly TD will need to get canned. We need to start a firetodddoge.com website in that case.

Let's tap on the brakes a little here. Dodge deserves time to get this ship back on course. I had heard that high school athletic directors were telling their kids to steer clear on here the last few DD years. They were saying the program wasn't good and many metro areas schools were running better programs.

Early on it is a tough schedule and Tulsa is a very good team and could even win all of their games. I think they are what UNT is trying to become. UNT has some good players and hung in there tonight. The fumbled kickoff killed them and that was when things began to steamroll. I thought they bounced bac fairly well in the second half.