Unt Billboard

Boomer23

I saw a Midwestern State bilboard heading southbound on I35 last week somewhere between Austin and San Antonio. It stuck out to me because it seemed a bit far from home and I'd seen the same billboard outside Witchita Falls the previous weekend. Glad to hear UNT has a billboard now. Anyone have a pic?

I saw a Midwestern State bilboard heading southbound on I35 last week somewhere between Austin and San Antonio. It stuck out to me because it seemed a bit far from home and I'd seen the same billboard outside Witchita Falls the previous weekend. Glad to hear UNT has a billboard now. Anyone have a pic?

Well maybe UNT has billboards on highways that none of us drive so it appears we don't have them out there.

It's not shocking though the one in Denton would have two shades of green on it.

On the way back from Austin yesterday, I saw a UTA billboard (think it was around Round Rock). Even Mary Hardon Baylor had a couple along the way.

I just got back from San Antonio myself and noticed that board. That was very strange. I'm guessing they are targeting UT-Austin students that are traveling from the DFW metroplex and either flunk out of UT or wish to be closer to home, but still remain within the UT system. I know, I know....I'm an advertising/marketing guy...I think about those kind of things as second nature.

There are LSU billboards in San Antonio.

I saw an LSU National Champion congratulatory board in some random, unpopulated place south of San Antonio. I figured it must be some LSU alum that lives there showing his/her school pride...the board probably didn't cost more than $500-600 and was likely in over run because they couldn't sell the inventory to another advertiser.

I heard one this morning too. I sure hope the one I heard was not typical of the campaign. UNT was co-sponsoring a ticker with some steakhouse restaurant and then the restaurant got the spot directly after the ticker sponsorship. So, all I heard was, "This ticker brought to you by XYZ Steakhouse and UNT" - then, ticker update - then, the XYZ steakhouse commercial. I almost thought I was just imagining they said UNT. Typically, such sponsorships are negotiated as part of a larger buy and usually given as bonus (although they can be purchased separately). I hope what I heard was just a mistake by the Ticket. Otherwise, that's basically worthless advertising.

I just got back from San Antonio myself and noticed that board. That was very strange. I'm guessing they are targeting UT-Austin students that are traveling from the DFW metroplex and either flunk out of UT or wish to be closer to home, but still remain within the UT system. I know, I know....I'm an advertising/marketing guy...I think about those kind of things as second nature.

I saw an LSU National Champion congratulatory board in some random, unpopulated place south of San Antonio. I figured it must be some LSU alum that lives there showing his/her school pride...the board probably didn't cost more than $500-600 and was likely in over run because they couldn't sell the inventory to another advertiser.

I heard one this morning too. I sure hope the one I heard was not typical of the campaign. UNT was co-sponsoring a ticker with some steakhouse restaurant and then the restaurant got the spot directly after the ticker sponsorship. So, all I heard was, "This ticker brought to you by XYZ Steakhouse and UNT" - then, ticker update - then, the XYZ steakhouse commercial. I almost thought I was just imagining they said UNT. Typically, such sponsorships are negotiated as part of a larger buy and usually given as bonus (although they can be purchased separately). I hope what I heard was just a mistake by the Ticket. Otherwise, that's basically worthless advertising.

I stated this on the other board there was also a full :30 spot I heard later in the day.

Edited by filmerj

I saw a clown in 3 shades of green with a banana hanging out of his pocket offering free private piggyback rides to kids if they took his "buy season tickets to see the Mean Green" flyers near Carl's Corner.

Great exposure...literally and figuratively.

postpics.gif

Got a photo?

worthless%20thread%20without%20pics.gif

You guys have way too much free time :D

I can't believe UTT has a billboard in DFW. I guess they're trying to catch everybody who failed out of TCC three times. (My sister did precisely that and still got accepted by UTT.)

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Hey don't forget the pink UNT-Dallas signs! Even my 11-year old was like "Why is there a UNT Dallas?" Now she's wondering about things like 'system status'.

Well, I am not sure if it is the same location that you all are discussing but there is that same billboard right where 35 and 635 meet in Dallas. I work in Las Colinas and tkae 635 East for two exits to 35, then head South into Dallas... as soon as I turned onto I-35 today - BAM! There it was, as GREEN as you can get, bright and BIG - UNT, The Choice for 34,134 students (or something like that)... and it had the branded logo to the right of that statement. It looked very classy and was in one of the most prime areas of the Dallas commute. I was very impressed by it.. Is this the same location that you all are discussing or a different one?