San Antonio Coaches Meet & Greet

Mo Green

Thanks to Rick Shaw for having about 35 - 40 together to hear the all the coaches talk on their positions & the battles coming up this fall.

They are really young & eager for some piosition battles to play themselves out in August. They said that several of the new players will have a chance to play significant time this fall. Franklin will probably look at defensive line before offense. Several have nicknames- some I will not mention. But .....#47 because in HS he was named AK 47, so Coach Dodge gave him that #. The # 1 will be the first player from that program ever to get a division 1A 'ship, so Coach Dodge said he did that to honor his school & town.

Several HS coaches were in attendance at the event supporting Dodge & NT.

Gary said that his defense will stay 4/3 straight but with some changes on schemes.He looked up & smiled at Todd ;-}

I did tell them for all of us that we knew that the coaches spent lots of time away from home, but we really appriciated all they are doing to make NT football respectable.

Todd said again that we will have a stadium in '10. My point is that I only wish the exs' or alumni assn was at a point to help this out.

Later.............

GMG

Thanks to Rick Shaw for having about 35 - 40 together to hear the all the coaches talk on their positions & the battles coming up this fall.

They are really young & eager for some piosition battles to play themselves out in August. They said that several of the new players will have a chance to play significant time this fall. Franklin will probably look at defensive line before offense. Several have nicknames- some I will not mention. But .....#47 because in HS he was named AK 47, so Coach Dodge gave him that #. The # 1 will be the first player from that program ever to get a division 1A 'ship, so Coach Dodge said he did that to honor his school & town.Several HS coaches were in attendance at the event supporting Dodge & NT.

Gary said that his defense will stay 4/3 straight but with some changes on schemes.He looked up & smiled at Todd ;-}

I did tell them for all of us that we knew that the coaches spent lots of time away from home, but we really appriciated all they are doing to make NT football respectable.

Todd said again that we will have a stadium in '10. My point is that I only wish the exs' or alumni assn was at a point to help this out.

Later.............

GMG

I think that must be Desmond Brigham....from Caddo Mills.

I think it's Brandon Akpunku. I am pretty sure he was a part of the '08 recruiting class. I had the chance to announce a few of his games last fall and he was a beast. A great tackler with good instincs and lateral speed. He wore #47, and we even called him AK-47 in the broadcast, so we wouldn't butcher his name. We could use about 5 more of him on the defensive side of the ball.

They are really young & eager for some piosition battles to play themselves out in August. They said that several of the new players will have a chance to play significant time this fall. Franklin will probably look at defensive line before offense. Several have nicknames- some I will not mention. But .....#47 because in HS he was named AK 47, so Coach Dodge gave him that #. The # 1 will be the first player from that program ever to get a division 1A 'ship, so Coach Dodge said he did that to honor his school & town.

Several HS coaches were in attendance at the event supporting Dodge & NT.

Later.............

GMG

Whoever is planning those get togethers at the Trophy Club should get in touch with Rick Shaw.

Rick Shaw is a class act, great person, and a real Mean Green backer.

I had got to know Rick back in my collge days. I beleive he was recruited

as QB, during Hayden Fry's early years. Rick ended his football career

as a DB/Safety.

Guy's like Rick Shaw is one resaon makes North Texas great!

Rick Shaw is a class act, great person, and a real Mean Green backer.

I had got to know Rick back in my collge days. I beleive he was recruited

as QB, during Hayden Fry's early years. Rick ended his football career

as a DB/Safety.

Guy's like Rick Shaw is one resaon makes North Texas great!

I was wondering if that was the same Rick Shaw that used to play QB for us. Great to know that we have him on board with the Mean Green.