Stadium Naming Rights Thoughts

To get Don Henley involved, he might want the gomeangreen.com Football Forum to quit writing about North Texas musicians being a detriment to North Texas Athletics. What about one of the very few banks with a good reputation? I've heard Frost Bank is a pretty good outfit. I'm kinda like Boone Pickens, in that I really see natural gas and wind energy as being our energy future, and we have a lot of both going on in Texas...pretty sure that Pickens won't help out the North Texas athletic programs, unless we promised never to beat Okie State at anything. Hey, how about "Green Mountain Energy Go Mean Green Stadium"...too many greens? Not to leave Fry and Mitchell out, maybe name the turf "Fry Field" and Mean Green Village "Mitchell Village".

As much money as Chesapeake Energy is throwing around in the metroplex that might be a good fit, and they wouldn't even miss 25 mil. Also Interstate batteries has already been worked for quite some time and didn't fit into his donation criteria (mostly donates to church related projects)

Yes, but does he know that the games are broadcast on the Word FM?

As much money as Chesapeake Energy is throwing around in the metroplex that might be a good fit, and they wouldn't even miss 25 mil. Also Interstate batteries has already been worked for quite some time and didn't fit into his donation criteria (mostly donates to church related projects)

I second the Chesapeake idea.

BTW, what ever happened regarding drilling on North Texas owned land.

Ahem. We could waive drilling royalties in exchange for a stadium sponsorship.

I wouldn't waive royalties, DFW Airport just got their credit rating raised based strictly on drilling / number of rigs / future earnings. Based on some articles I found UNT already have wells operating and as of this article was bringing in close to 10k per month and that was back in 2003 see article ragarding economic impact drilling in area

Is it safe to assume the revenue would go into a general revenue account and be undesignated?

Edited by ScreamingEaglesFan

To get Don Henley involved, he might want the gomeangreen.com Football Forum to quit writing about North Texas musicians being a detriment to North Texas Athletics. What about one of the very few banks with a good reputation? I've heard Frost Bank is a pretty good outfit. I'm kinda like Boone Pickens, in that I really see natural gas and wind energy as being our energy future, and we have a lot of both going on in Texas...pretty sure that Pickens won't help out the North Texas athletic programs, unless we promised never to beat Okie State at anything. Hey, how about "Green Mountain Energy Go Mean Green Stadium"...too many greens? Not to leave Fry and Mitchell out, maybe name the turf "Fry Field" and Mean Green Village "Mitchell Village".

Orphant Anne stadium. Tomorrow, tomorrow

What about Devon Energy?

This could also be a good fit given the name and the whole "going green" movement...

http://www.greenmountainenergy.com/

Hey... they even use the correct color of green! :thumbsup:

As 'The Eagles' album states...Hell Freezes Over...that is when Henley will donate to the stadium. Believe me, he is no big fan of North Texas.

Plus he's broke. Remember hey had that whole artist fundraiser thing for him and other "starving artists" at the Grammy's.