Mens B-ball Schedule

We play at Oklahoma State......and have UTA and New Mexico State, at home.

Not sure if we have to go to Indiana State, Hartford, Southern, or Centenary---teams we had in Denton last year.

cool....i think the UTA game will be alot of fun and would be nice if we could start a local rivalry with them....also didnt we use to be in the same confrence as NMSU? i think that game will be cool also...any chance we play any BIG names at home?

cool....i think the UTA game will be alot of fun and would be nice if we could start a local rivalry with them....also didnt we use to be in the same confrence as NMSU? i think that game will be cool also...any chance we play any BIG names at home?

Well, we already have a local rivalry with UTA as we've been playing them for the past 4 or 5 years, plus many, many times before. Now we need to start having success against them.

I know no news of big names coming to Denton this fall.

Season ticket renewal notices have been sent...it would have been nice to have the schedule in front of you when renewing. As it is, it's just a pig in a poke as to who we play at home and how many home games there are.

Season ticket renewal notices have been sent...it would have been nice to have the schedule in front of you when renewing. As it is, it's just a pig in a poke as to who we play at home and how many home games there are.

They send out renewal requests for you to buy season tickets without letting the buyer know how many games they are getting?

You don't have to renew now. You have until Oct 8, 2008 to renew. If you are willing to renew before August, 20 you get to renew at last season's prices and get a voucher for two free tickets.

2008- 09 home schedule:

Texas-Arlington

New Mexico St (barring an unforseen buy-out)

Ark St

Ark-Little Rock

Denver

Louisiana U

La-Monroe

New Orleans

Three Eastern Division Sun Belt teams. Most likely:

Troy

Florida Atlantic

Middle Tennessee

In past seasons, like most D-1 teams North Texas has opened the season with a D-2 or NAIA team.

The Sun Belt has 13 teams. This leaves each team with a bye, and about a week with no game. Most Sun Belt teams schedule a D-2 or NAIA game to keep their edge. Maybe this season we will get lucky and have a bracket-buster game.

The above adds to 13 home games. Last season we had 15 home games.

You don't have to renew now. You have until Oct 8, 2008 to renew. If you are willing to renew before August, 20 you get to renew at last season's prices and get a voucher for two free tickets.

2008- 09 home schedule:

Texas-Arlington

New Mexico St (barring an unforseen buy-out)

Ark St

Ark-Little Rock

Denver

Louisiana U

La-Monroe

New Orleans

Three Eastern Division Sun Belt teams. Most likely:

Troy

Florida Atlantic

Middle Tennessee

In past seasons, like most D-1 teams North Texas has opened the season with a D-2 or NAIA team.

The Sun Belt has 13 teams. This leaves each team with a bye, and about a week with no game. Most Sun Belt teams schedule a D-2 or NAIA game to keep their edge. Maybe this season we will get lucky and have a bracket-buster game.

The above adds to 13 home games. Last season we had 15 home games.

So if you add the Division II and NAIAs to the HOME schedule...you get UTA, NMSU, Division II and/or NAIA......and conference games.

No wonder they're keeping the schedule secret.

Edited by SUMG

Was there an announced deal with NMSU that I'm forgetting?

I keep reading that we've got a home date with them, but I don't remember an announced series. If people are expecting a return game for last year's trip to Las Cruces... There shouldn't be one coming. Our game with them was part of a tournament they hosted.

I do hope to see them at the Pit, but I don't remember for sure that an actual game has been announced. Help me out if anyone knows for sure.

Was there an announced deal with NMSU that I'm forgetting?

I keep reading that we've got a home date with them, but I don't remember an announced series. If people are expecting a return game for last year's trip to Las Cruces... There shouldn't be one coming. Our game with them was part of a tournament they hosted.

I do hope to see them at the Pit, but I don't remember for sure that an actual game has been announced. Help me out if anyone knows for sure.

I've been told that we have them coming into Denton.....this year. It pays us back for appearing in their tourney.

I, too, thought it was a bit "ODD" to get a renewal request in the mail without even the hint of a schedule, but I guess the "sweetner" was the offer to renew at last year's price and get two "free" tickets to boot. But, do not know what "savings" it would be as I do not recall a price listing if you "waited" until after the deadline to renew....Hmmmmmmmm...what was that my mother told me about "blind faith"????? <_<