This Can't Be True....

It happened again this past weekend. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8063002422.html

Rick

Rick,

How about Charley Black (an individual associated with the McCain campaign) saying last week that McCain would benefit from another terrorist attack? Or Grover Norquist, someone not directly associated with the campaign but someone important enough that McCain sends representatives to his weekly meetings, saying Obama is just John Kerry with a tan?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quoner-

there are litterly millions of acronyms. just explain what it is. why do you always try to get others to do your work?

cbl-

wow, another boring, redundant and trite ad hominum post concerning the innovations of the germans developing methane, at the end of wwII, to run their vehicles. i would prefer that you spend your time researching sbc teams and their players against nt.

why don't we all quit this elementary school playground behavior and discuss football. btw, i will be at metzler's, off 35/normandie, saturday for lunch about 12-1230. stop by and i will by you both a beer.

quoner-

there are litterly millions of acronyms. just explain what it is. why do you always try to get others to do your work?

Huh? What work do I get people to do?

why don't we all quit this elementary school playground behavior and discuss football. btw, i will be at metzler's, off 35/normandie, saturday for lunch about 12-1230. stop by and i will by you both a beer.

Your familiarity with playgrounds makes me think you know more than you let on. I'd love to join you for a beer - maybe a Chimay White if we go fancy - but I have some Sunday family plans. Maybe during the season? I work close to Euless - we could always meet out there.

Also, why not address meangreenacct's question?

Can the right not do any better than they have for the past few decades by attempting to frighten voters into submission?

They do, but it doesn't get any attention from the media. Barack Obama is inexperienced, inconsistent, and naive. His populist rhetoric on economics is frightening. He is not a leader, he is not willing to tell the American people the realities we face, instead he tries to win votes by promising to tax the oil companies (which he has no power to do) and raise income taxes on CEOs (completely unconstitutional, you cannot tax an occupation). I refuse to vote for him for those reasons alone. He will be President, and I think his shortcomings will be disastrous.

As for the right frightening voters into submission, I am a Republican because I believe in limited government, lower taxes, a strong, efficient military, and being a leader in foreign policy. Bush has soiled the party, but I refuse to vote for a Democrat just because I am upset with the direction of my party. I believe that Ross Douthat is correct in the direction the GOP needs to take.

Your familiarity with playgrounds makes me think you know more than you let on. I'd love to join you for a beer - maybe a Chimay White if we go fancy - but I have some Sunday family plans. Maybe during the season? I work close to Euless - we could always meet out there.

If you do this, Quoner, remember.. do NOT order a dark beer. You'll be sorry.

Actually, to defend EE, he did address my question through a pm. I cannot defend much (well actually anything) he's previously posted, but I do think that posting an article from StormFront was an honest mistake.

Actually, to defend EE, he did address my question through a pm. I cannot defend much (well actually anything) he's previously posted, but I do think that posting an article from StormFront was an honest mistake.

Good to hear. I'll still make jokes about it from a strictly comedy standpoint (you don't get a pass for nazi's), but that was good of him to address. Maybe you can join us for some Chimay White during football season too!

I don't see what point you are making. Another person made a statement about how being a POW doesn't make you qualified to lead the U.S. military, a true statement mind you. Obama then came out and stated that he appreciates and honors anyone who puts themselves in harms way, even stating that he rebuked the questioning of a man who served our country.

What exactly did he do wrong again?

I'm honestly starting to think there mustn't be anything policy wise that you can question Obama for. (sarcasm intended)

Seems to me that you wouldn't need to paint him as the boogey man by questioning his patriotism, choice of pastors, "muslim" leanings, etc. Can the right not do any better than they have for the past few decades by attempting to frighten voters into submission?

No one is saying getting shot down qualify's them to be president. My point is that yet another person within the Obama campaign made embarrassing remarks in which Obama had to again address it and distance himself from. Clark, who has obviously forgotten that he too used his military record to justify his leadership qualifications to run for office in 2004, and later that year was qouted spouting John Kerry's so called heroics in Vietnam as justifyable leadership qualities as well. Evidently military experience and leadership of any kind doesn't extend to John McCain? The "Getting shot down" remark was the end result of the conversation of which Clark was depicting McCain as "untested and untried".

SCHIEFFER: "Well, you went so far as to say that you thought John McCain was, quote -- and these are your words -- 'untested and untried.' And I must say, I had to read that twice, because you're talking about somebody who was a prisoner of war. He was a squadron commander of the largest squadron in the Navy. He's been on the Senate Armed Services Committee for lo these many years. How can you say that John McCain is untested and untried, General?"

CLARK: Because in the matters of national security policymaking, it's a matter of understanding risk, it's a matter of gauging your opponents, and it's a matter of being held accountable. John McCain's never done any of that in his official positions. That large squadron in the Navy that he commanded? That wasn't a wartime squadron. He hasn't been there and ordered the bombs to fall. He hasn't seen what it's like when diplomats come in and say, "I don't know whether we're going to be able to get this point through or not. Do you want to take the risk? What about your reputation? How do we handle this publicly?"

SCHIEFFER: Yeah.

CLARK: He hasn't made that calls, Bob.

SCHIEFFER: Well, General --

SCHIEFFER: "I have to say, Barack Obama has not had any of those experiences, either, nor has he ridden in a fighter plane and gotten shot down."

CLARK: Well, I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president.

SCHIEFFER: Really?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

No one is saying getting shot down qualify's them to be president. My point is that yet another person within the Obama campaign made embarrassing remarks in which Obama had to again address it and distance himself from. Clark, who has obviously forgotten that he too used his military record to justify his leadership qualifications to run for office in 2004, and later that year was qouted spouting John Kerry's so called heroics in Vietnam as justifyable leadership qualities as well. Evidently military experience and leadership of any kind doesn't extend to John McCain? The "Getting shot down" remark was the end result of the conversation of which Clark was depicting McCain as "untested and untried".

Rick

Rick,

Actually the point is that guy was attempting to make a point that getting shot down is some how important in the context of the race or else he wouldn't have pointed out that Senator Obama had never done that. I guess it all boils down to a person's perspective. When I first heard the comments, I was pretty offended, but that was because I only heard what Clark said without context. Placed in context, I actually am not that bothered with it. He was just responding to the other indivdual saying well Senator Obama has never flown/been shot down, and he just pointed out that he didn't think that qualifies someone. Which I agree with.

As to the other point about military service. I do agree somewhat with that point as it relates to his support of Senator Kerry. As to his own military service, General Clark stated his military service in leading NATO missions in Kosovo (I think) are what prepared him for the Presidency. He stated that Senator McCain's service did not prepare him as well because he was never a commander of a wartime unit.

Edited by meangreenacct

Rick,

Actually the point is that guy was attempting to make a point that getting shot down is some how important in the context of the race or else he wouldn't have pointed out that Senator Obama had never done that. I guess it all boils down to a person's perspective. When I first heard the comments, I was pretty offended, but that was because I only heard what Clark said without context. Placed in context, I actually am not that bothered with it. He was just responding to the other indivdual saying well Senator Obama has never flown/been shot down, and he just pointed out that he didn't think that qualifies someone. Which I agree with.

As to the other point about military service. I do agree somewhat with that point as it relates to his support of Senator Kerry. As to his own military service, General Clark stated his military service in leading NATO missions in Kosovo (I think) are what prepared him for the Presidency. He stated that Senator McCain's service did not prepare him as well because he was never a commander of a wartime unit.

I fully understand his response to the "shot down" remark, but in considering the entire discussion Clark wasn't doing B.O. any favors. How stupid do you have to be to devalue a TRUE war hero's record and his overall service to his country when your on national TV when trying to compare and support another whose record of service doesn't even come close to matching up? It's just not good campaigning in my oppinion. And evidently Obama thought so too by having to explain himself......again.

Rick