This Can't Be True....

This has to be a hoax. Isn't it? :unsure:

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Is this guy crazy or what!

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:48:04 -0400, 'LT. Bill Ginn' USAF ret forwarded:

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for one, am speechless . .

Pass It On Before It's too Late. Let's Teach The World About This Idiot.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a hoax. Isn't it? :unsure:

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Is this guy crazy or what!

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:48:04 -0400, 'LT. Bill Ginn' USAF ret forwarded:

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this could possibly be our next president. I, for one, am speechless . .

Pass It On Before It's too Late. Let's Teach The World About This Idiot.

Jesus.....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

You can't expect people to actually research wether or not something is true. I mean everything you read in e-mail forwards is true right? I know I'm expecting my check from the heir of an African Country I've never heard of anyday now.

Is this how we are funding the new stadium?

I guess Prince Alyusi Islassis Field @ Bank of Nigeria Stadium does have a good ring to it.

You can't expect people to actually research wether or not something is true. I mean everything you read in e-mail forwards is true right? I know I'm expecting my check from the heir of an African Country I've never heard of anyday now.

If you think you're getting any share of the brother of the Prince of Botsawana's inheritance you're crazy.

That money is alllllllllll mine!

If you think you're getting any share of the brother of the Prince of Botsawana's inheritance you're crazy.

That money is alllllllllll mine!

I attended this - therefore I will raise the money and Quoner Field will tower over the metroplex

It's actually the Prince of Zimbabwe... But eulesseagle still calls it Rhodesia.

Sir...the world was a better place when we still used European adjectives in front of our African countries. I personally detest Tanzania and will only refer to it as German East Africa

---So much for the party of morality and family values.... Apparently truth is not one of them when dealing with an opposition candidate.

---As for oil prices--neither party can do much. Oil is a worldwide commodity and one country (even us) can do little to change them. What could have been done by us was maintain the international exchange rate of the dollar. [ by not rapidly increasing the national debt, it will have doubled by the end of this presidential term compared to his taking office in 2000 ] Ten years ago it cost about $1.51 to buy a British pound , now it cost about $2.00.... as a results $4.00 gasoline would cost only $3.00 if the old exchange rate were still in effect. Against many other currencies our exchange rate has even deteriorated worse which means all imported items now cost more than they would have with the old exchange rate.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I have a better question for both candidates...

What are you going to do right now to reduce oil prices? Our major airlines are about 6 months away from going belly-up.

Airlines are already cutting flights, to increase the demand vs supply ratio, so that they can raise prices.

Fairs are going to go up quite a bit.

I have a better question for both candidates...

What are you going to do right now to reduce oil prices? Our major airlines are about 6 months away from going belly-up.

obamasays.jpg

You mean it's not true? :rolleyes:

Besides, what makes Snopes the authority on internet rumors? Probably owned by those ultra-rich, left wing conspiracy groups.

WHAT???? -- There are ultra rich people that are left wingers.!!!.... OMG .. I thought the right wingers claimed the left wingers were made up of the poor and unfortunate that want hand outs.... LOL.

WHAT???? -- There are ultra rich people that are left wingers.!!!.... OMG .. I thought the right wingers claimed the left wingers were made up of the poor and unfortunate that want hand outs.... LOL.

Actually, 7 of the 10 richest people in Congress are liberal Democrats. But, I don't begrudge people who succeed.

Average Net Worth (2006)

1 Jane Harman (D-Calif) $409,426,887

2 Darrell Issa (R-Calif) $337,440,028

3 John Kerry (D-Mass) $267,789,805

4 Vernon Buchanan (R-Fla) $191,695,634

5 Herb Kohl (D-Wis) $171,423,011

6 Ted Kennedy (D-Mass) $102,822,519

7 Jay Rockefeller (D-WVa) $91,713,012

8 Robin Hayes (R-NC) $82,552,081

9 Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) $79,555,657

10 Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) $79,051,090

http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/overview.php

I received an e-mail from a prince in africa about a year and a half ago and posted the letter on gmg.. all you tight wads would not ante up any money to pay the taxes and other sundry expenses so i could donate the $100 million toward the new stadium. you only have yourselves to blame and now we will have to refurbish fouts field in the likeness of boise state. that perverbial carrot that has been dangled for umteen years before ntsu/unt is begining to shrivel like some old octogenarian's hemroid who pulled too many g's while flying in the military.

as far as rhodesia, i just call 'em by what the government wants it called, Zimbabwe (sp). however, it does disturb me to see a country that was considered the "bread basket" of africa turn into the living he** of corruption, economic dispair and starvation for it's population and the populations of other african states that depended upon the cornucopia of agricultural produce that was once the crown jewel of africa.

as far as rhodesia, i just call 'em by what the government wants it called, Zimbabwe (sp). however, it does disturb me to see a country that was considered the "bread basket" of africa turn into the living he** of corruption, economic dispair and starvation for it's population and the populations of other african states that depended upon the cornucopia of agricultural produce that was once the crown jewel of africa.

Uh oh.... i sense i storm might be a-brewin'...

I can't help but wonder that if Hussien Obama actually had any kind of recognizable character to begin with, other than the inability to choose quality individuals to associate with, that there wouldn't have been so many of those Urban legends popping up like they did in the first place? When you associate with admitted terrorists and hatemongers and give people reason to believe that your not all that proud of your country to begin with then I can understand how it all came about.

Funny stuff.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick