What Were You Doing In 8th Grade?

This situation brings back memories. I wanted to schedule a double header at the Super Pit with Denton High vs. some other high school and then the regular North Texas men's game. I had my wrists slapped for trying to do it since the NCAA considered it recruiting. I asked how young a kid could play at the Super Pit before the regular game and not be penalized by the NCAA...I think the answer was grade school. Unbelievable.

Just because I enjoy the college game over the pro games does not mean that I can't recognize pure stupidity for what it is...look up stupid in the dictionary and you get this example. I predict this kid will never set foot on the court in a Kentucky uniform if he ever sees the court as a college player...man, this is pure folly...

By the way drex, when our son was a UNT ball Boy he had to stop after the 7th grade as if he were allowed to do it in the 8th grade it would be considered a recruiting violation...anyway, that's the story we got, so maybe they can play at the pit through 7th grade. Who knows...

And, what was i doing in 8th grade...can't remember, but i do know I was about 12 years old before I figured out that all women did not fold three times and have staples in the navals! Yes, i found my dad's Playboy's early in life! :rolleyes:

Just because I enjoy the college game over the pro games does not mean that I can't recognize pure stupidity for what it is...look up stupid in the dictionary and you get this example. I predict this kid will never set foot on the court in a Kentucky uniform if he ever sees the court as a college player...man, this is pure folly...

I gaurantee you the kid will see the court as a college player. Even at 8th grade one can tell when a player has the skill set to succeed, and I believe he demonstrated that in the various camps he has attended. Now as to commitments and handing out sholarships at that age, that is ridiculous. Coach G probably won't even be at Kentucky in five years and team needs can change drastically from year to year. I think the Junior year is really the earliest this process should begin.

Skill seems to be there for the kid in the 8th grade, but injuries happen, interests change, etc., etc. I have seen too many "great" 7th/8th graders turn into average, at best, HS seniors. This kid may well be different, but 8th grade? Give me a break. I predict the kid will not wear Kentucky Blue by the time his freshman year in college comes around. Hey, isn't there some 7 ft. 8th grade kid in Mongolia that JJ can offer a scholarship to today? Maybe he can give him the one we lost...surely UNT will have it back by then!

The summer before I started 8th grade, my dad recruited me to cut the grass every Saturday at $2.00 a cut, thus ending my amature status.

You got 2 bucks. I got I foot in my ass if I didn't volunteer to do it.