Unfair Season Ticket Policy

Pen Yan Fan

If this is all it took to lose that guys money then he was looking for an out. None of the seats at Fouts are good. The donation is to help the athletic department. It's not supposed to be about who gets what for what. Give your money because you love the school. Who cares if people in another section paid or gave more or less. There have been some whiney posts in the past year or two but this is one of the whineiest.

Sections D & F will require a minimum $250 Mean Green Club Donation during the 2008 football season. Renew and pay off your season tickets by the early renewal deadline, and you will not have to meet the donation requirment this upcoming season for those sections.

-------------------------

Sounds like they are being more than fair. They have said for two years that a donation would be required for these seats, and it seems to me like they are going above and beyond to offer those season ticket holders one more year without a donation being required.

Edited by UNTflyer

If this is all it took to lose that guys money then he was looking for an out. None of the seats at Fouts are good. The donation is to help the athletic department. It's not supposed to be about who gets what for what. Give your money because you love the school. Who cares if people in another section paid or gave more or less. There have been some whiney posts in the past year or two but this is one of the whineiest.

Amen. Some fans want big time football at 1-AA prices. It doesn't happen that way!

My tickets are in D but I donate well above the $500 level anyway..part of being with the Mean Green nation is support it's move up and to bigger and better. I see the "donations" as a normal progression to the "big time". Sure, I'd rather get in free, but that just isn't the way it is..The seats in D&F are fine seats...hey, we paid more to sit in the end zone at OU. So, if you are not crazy about the $500 to sit on the 50, just hang around awhile and you can really cry when that goes up to what other "big time" programs charge you to sit close enough to trow a rock and hit the 50! You just have to do it...folks sit here and scream about a new stadium, then they get "huffy" and run away mad when they are asked to help foot the bill...even at a low $500 level. It will take lots a=of $500 donations to get any ground broken on a new stadium!!!!

If you don't want to pony up for the $500 to sit on the 50...fine, no problem...but, please...stop the "it's not fair" stuff...if life was fair gas would be 35 cents a gallon! By the way...when I was an undergrad at UNT...I pumped gas at a place on University called TexGas for 10 cents per gallon during a local gas war at one time...worked at Buddies Hardware store and TexGas to earn cash while an undergrad at UNT. Man...can you believe it...10 cents per gallon...no lie!

GO MEAN GREEN...JOIN THE EXES...JOIN THE MEAN GREEN CLUB...Help UNT build that new stadium! You gotta believe!

It's no problem. I am sitting in F next season. But the school lost my $500.

If we have just 1 thing that is holding us back from going where we want to go it's this kind of attitude. North Texas has for faaaaaaarrrr too long operated on the idea that "we're just glad you bothered to show up...let us cater to your every whim". I, for one, am glad to see our athletic department treat our football program like what it is...division 1 football that you have to pay for like division 1 football. My donation is limited only by how much the wife will let me give (well, that and not being able to write a $45,000,000 check).

Edited by emmitt01

And this is related to the oil fields at the Radisson, how?

Well played.

Am I the only person picturing sold out sections D and F with absolutly nobody sitting in E?

Or if you put people in the first three of four rows of section E...it would look like the letter U...we could seat people in an N in the North end zone and a T in the student section...that would look pretty cool

My donation is limited only by how much the wife will let me give (well, that and not being able to write a $45,000,000 check).

Well, I could WRITE a $45,000,000 check but then Emmitt would be at my door with a warrant when it didn't clear!

Well played.

Am I the only person picturing sold out sections D and F with absolutly nobody sitting in E?

Or if you put people in the first three of four rows of section E...it would look like the letter U...we could seat people in an N in the North end zone and a T in the student section...that would look pretty cool

I may have plenty of room around me now but some day when the new stadium is built and NT moves into the top 25 my seats will be premo. B)

My donation is limited only by how much the wife will let me give (well, that and not being able to write a $45,000,000 check).

"It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon here at Emmitt Jackson field as the SMU Mustangs take on the University of North Texas Mean Green..."

Wasn't this a phased approach? Last year you didn't have to donate $500 to sit in E if you renewed early, just the $250 you had to previously. If you were wanting new tickets, you had to pay up. Same with D & F, if you renew early you don't pay, but you get to next year. My tickets are in F and the increase doesn't bother me. Like anyone I wish I didn't have to pay more, but I just view it as supporting my university.

Using my crystal ball, the next step will be to move the family fun pack people from H & I to the end-zone bleachers.

Edited by jimmyjames_99

How much does section e people get to exempt if they renew early?

$0

The exemption or grandfathering for section e early renewals was last year..$250 vs $500. This year they are set at $500 and the new sections e and f are exempt/grandfathered this season if renewed during early renewal only. It's a progressive approach to adding value to each section. Sort of a add donation or bump tickets to UT prices approach.

Amen. Some fans want big time football at 1-AA prices. It doesn't happen that way!

I understand the price increases (and I donated to MGC every year before there was requirement so not a big issue), but why am I still getting 1-AA opponents at home and a stinkin' Thanksgiving weekend home game EVERY YEAR? B)

Edited by GreenTiger

Guest JohnDenver

I understand the price increases (and I donated to MGC every year before there was requirement so not a big issue), but why am I still getting 1-AA opponents at home and a stinkin' Thanksgiving weekend home game EVERY YEAR? B)

Yeh.. and why one less home game than any other Div 1A school?

I would accept a BS thanksgiving game if we actually had 6 games at home.

What 1-AA opponents are we getting at home? Would like cheese with that whine?