Unfair Season Ticket Policy

Pen Yan Fan

I just got an email from the Athletic Department about the Scrimmage tomorrow. I noticed that it says if you have season tickets in section D or F you can renew your tickets and you don't have to donate anything. If you sit in section E you still have to pay a full $500.

There should either be a donation requirement or not. Screwing a section of fans to carry the load of a few won't work.

Former Section E fan

I think it's basic supply and demand. Enough people want to sit in E and are willing to pay the $500 that they can do that.

And really, of all the threads I thought I'd see, I never thought I'd see one about how unfair UNT's ticket policy is... I can see there are gonna be a lot of growing pains as we become a bigger program.

Guest JohnDenver

That's not entirely correct. You only get exemption from the donation if you renew early.

Well, you get grandfathered into the previous year's rate.. being $500 (when you renew early).

However, since this year's rate is the same as last year, then there isn't really a benefit, is there? Well, I guess you get bbq tickets and such.

I think it's basic supply and demand. Enough people want to sit in E and are willing to pay the $500 that they can do that.

And really, of all the threads I thought I'd see, I never thought I'd see one about how unfair UNT's ticket policy is... I can see there are gonna be a lot of growing pains as we become a bigger program.

"Big" programs are consistent. Either you have to give a donation to get a good seat or you don't. When demand is down you don't screw some fans for the sake of others.

Edited by Pen Yan Fan

"Big" programs are consistent. Either you have to give a donation to get a good seat or you don't. When demand is down you don't screw some fans for the sake of others.

Not true. Tech did the same thing a few years ago. They started adding/increasing premiums to the seats in certain sections over a couple of years. If you want the best seats you have to pay more. Next year (as I understand it) the rates in all sections will go up. This year it stays the same if you renew early. A little risky IMHO since the sections in question aren't full.

If you want the best seats you have to pay more.

Not if you sit in Section d or f in Fouts Field. You can actually pay less this year by not having to donate anything. Also, the fact that you think sec e is a better seat than d or f is humorous to me.

Edited by Pen Yan Fan

Guest 97and03

I was a little upset when the rate for admission to the deck went up to $500. Since I let my membership lapse last year, I wasn't grandfathered in at $250.

My initial reaction was to not donate anything because I was mad. But I called them back later and donated $500.

I figured, what the hell. I want to drink during football games, they want to raise more money, so I guess I need to ante up. So I did.

Not if you sit in Section d or f in Fouts Field. You can actually pay less this year by not having to donate anything. Also, the fact that you think sec e is a better seat than d or f is humorous to me.

See now you are making a good point. I have no interest in Sec E or D or anywhere over there. I have seats somewhere over there but don't really use them. When all the seats are pretty average at best, who cares?

The reason that you start now though is so you are on the ground floor when we move accross the road...

Edited by 97and03

Section E is on the 50. Those are the best seats in the house at any stadium. We all know the problems with Fouts, but 50 yard line seats are 50 yard line seats. If I recall correctly, D&F are also going to have a donation requirement, and you can only avoid that if you renew early. Anyone who renews late or is a new season ticket holder will have to pay (I believe $250) to sit in those sections as well. Because I sit in section F and donate $500, does that make me some kind of sucker? If you want the "good seats," it will cost you more. It may not be fair, but that is the way it is.

This is a pretty humorous thread to me, considering that we are always complaining about not being "Big Time," and when we do something "Big Time," all we want to do is complain about it. If we want to get to the next level, these kinds of growing pains will occur. Live with it.

It's just the natural progression. "Big program's" seating policies have changed over time as well. You can spread the payments out if you don't want to fork over $500 right off the bat.

Not my rule, talk to the Athletic Dept. I have set there for several years and I guess I do think the 50 yard line is better. I want to support the University and have no problem donating the extra money. If it's a big deal sit somewhere else. Tech also has non-premium seats...in the end zone. When the new stadium is built guess where I will sit.

Guest 97and03

It's no problem. I am sitting in F next season. But the school lost my $500.

Like I said, that was my initial reaction to some of the changes. I actually really can't afford to go up to $500 right now. But I did it anyway.

Get us $250 closer to that new stadium. Ante up!

That part was a joke. I shouldve included an LOL or a series of :w00t::thumbsup::clapping::shifty::);):P:D:lol:

but thats not how I roll.

I understand the feeling, $500 was more than I had planned on spending this year, but I figured what the hell. Oh and I'm in section D. Haven't any interest in moving into E. I think my seats are better than that of E.

As many others have stated... it's what the big guys do, so why shouldn't we try to get there. I am a first time donor and bought my four tickets, doesn't matter where I sit as long as I'm there and my money goes to better the program and support my school so that one day we will be fighting,over seats, hopefully in a new stadium. my .02 cents, it may not be worth it... but that just as I see it.

Edited by filmerj