Three Degrees Of Separation....

Green P1

We beat Oklahoma St. Oklahoma St. beat Kansas. Kansas wins the National Championship........ Ergo, North Texas owns a NCAA championship caliber season.

I think we should hang a banner in the Super Pit with this calculation next year.

Edited by Green P1

Wonder if Coach Cal would like a redo on his team's free throw shooting comment he made to start the tourney.

I listened to the end of regulation on the radio and they said Coach Self would go to the Hack-a-Shaq strategy with a couple minutes left and they did. Elvis left the building at that point. Sad, I thought Memphis clearly had the best team in the Tourney. :blink:

GREAT GAME last night...you have to hand it to KU for the comeback! Nice job KU...NOW...let's see if Oklahoma Sate and Boone Pickens can pay Self enough $$$$ to be the Cowboys next coach! Just wondering........................

You can take the option that if you call a timeout there you also let Kansas have time to draw up a play.

The foul/not foul with a 3 point lead at the end of a game is one of the most debated strategies in college basketball. Alot of coaches seem to be on the side of letting it play out vs the foul. Others scream out FOUL!!!!!

I actually think the strategy to employ is foul inside of 5 seconds...but any more than that let it play out. That puts the Memphis scenario last night right on the edge either way because Chalmers didn't even let the shot go till it was about 4-5 seconds left AND he was behind the 3 point line - setting up a 4 poit play possibility. If you foul the man dribbling up the court you leave way too much time on the clock for either a miss/rebound/putback OR a hit FT/put you back on the line(where you've been sucking).

Edited by CMJ