Lsu Game

eppy4life

I missed the last game also. I had tickets, hotel reservations, and was ready to go when the Monday or Tuesday before, the hotel called and cancelled my room. They said there was going to be a storm, and they thought they'd need the room for people leaving New Orleans. I couldn't believe what they were saying. "How bad could it be ?", I thought to myself. The storm was named Katrina.

So now I'm planning again to see an LSU game and the greatest upset in college football history.

Join the Mean Green CLub

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

I would recommend earplugs to drown out the profanities that will be hurled upon you, a helmet to deflect the thrown beer bottles/cans and a rain jacket to shield you from the thrown beer/urine.

Have a nice time.

I've been to three of the last four trips down there and was treated with great hospitality every time. Most of those who yell at you will do so, then in the same breath ask if you would like something to eat/drink. It's just how it is down there. Now afterwards if NT were to pull off the upset of the year I would be cautious going back to the car.

Rick

I would recommend earplugs to drown out the profanities that will be hurled upon you, a helmet to deflect the thrown beer bottles/cans and a rain jacket to shield you from the thrown beer/urine.

When we were there the last time we were treated GREAT!!!! People came over to the Mean Green tailgating and invited us to come try their food. One man even offered the ladies the use of the bathroom facility he had built into his tailgating trailer. Much better than using a port a can.

I would encourage everyone to come to this game.

so if we were to pull off the upset you would advise spending the night somewhere besides baton rouge?

Staying in Baton Rouge would be okay. Just don't leave the stadium until everyone else has left and your know all the LSU fans are gone. What you don't understand is as you walk by the stadium to go to the visitors side to get in there is a "SPECIAL" parking lot for the LSU fans that have paid hundreds of thousands of $$$$s to park their RVs in this special parking lot. You get on the waiting list. Once you actually get a parking spot then you spend years moving from the back row to the front row. The RVs on the front row are worth BIG bucks. Some of the the areas in front of these RVs have plasma TVs, ceiling fans, tables with linen tablecloths, china, crystal and silver and lots of partying. If there is a big upset by UNT these people are here for overnight.

It depends on what part of Texas you are driving from as to what kind of drive it will be. I strongly recommend spending a couple of days in New Orleans or Coushata before game day.

Beware, very wary of LSU fans. LSU fans are the worst (granted I've never been to Morgantown, WV). I remember the first time I heard the F-bomb was at Tiger Stadium as a toddler walking with my parents in Ole Miss garb towards the game. They are probably much less hostile towards non-SEC teams, but I'd hardly call them hospitable. And granted, I'm very biased since I'm coming at this from an Ole Miss perspective. Don't try to engage in any football talk that would point to any weakness on their team. Don't talk about any team on their schedule that might pose a threat. And if you lose by 1 point, 3 points, and take them to OT -- don't tell them good game, they kicked your @$$ - no ifs, ands, or buts.