Meangreensports.com

NT03

DENTON, Texas (3/27/08) - In effort to keep fans up to date on all the happenings during spring football practice, MeanGreenSports.com will blog live from all three football scrimmages beginning with Friday's scrimmage at Fouts Field.

Check back tomorrow for live updates on the Mean Green's first scrimmage of the fall season beginning at 3:30 p.m.

The Mean Green returns eight starters on an offensive unit that broke all kinds of records in 2007. All-America candidate Casey Fitzgerald returns for his senior season after breaking nearly every North Texas and Sun Belt Conference single-season receiving record.

On defense, there are six starters back, including all-conference linebacker Craig Robertson who is the top returning tackler and led the team in interceptions as a freshman last year. Junior cornerback Antoine Bush has been a starter for two years and will be a leader in the defensive secondary.

North Texas will begin the 2008 season at Kansas State Aug. 30th with the home opener coming against Tulsa Sept. 6th.

North Texas Spring Practice Schedule

March 28 – Scrimmage at Fouts Field

March 31 – Practice Facility

April 1 – Practice Facility

April 3 – Practice Facility

April 4 – Scrimmage Fouts Field

April 8 – Practice Facility

April 10 – Practice Facility

April 12 – Green/White Game at Fouts Field

Is this going to be in the style of the Signing Day "live"blog?

Or is this going to be... Y'know... For real?

Because I don't want to read the last "live" update 7 hours after the scrimmage is over and have to wade through a bunch of updates about softball and soccer.

Just saying.

on the practice schedule....it says the dates in bold are at fouts and all other's are at the athletic center....and the one for the 28th (today) is not in bold....so is it still at fouts?

Yes, the schedule is updated now. It was not originally scheduled to be played at Fouts.

Guest 97and03

How long will the scrimmage last (best guess)? I would love to sneak out of the office today, but I am the only one here today so it might be noticed.

Any chance they will still be playing at 5pm?

How long will the scrimmage last (best guess)? I would love to sneak out of the office today, but I am the only one here today so it might be noticed.

Any chance they will still be playing at 5pm?

Their is a chance you could catch the end of the scrimmage.