Chase Wasson

Will to Win

Ah, another Riley QB discussion.

Vizza is a quarterback. Riley is too little. If he can't get through a playoff game against Abilene without getting injured, how do you think he'll do against real competition?

It's obvious that he came here because his dad might play him at QB. Mack would have had him playing third-team safety and on the special teams at UT. We'll soon see whether TD can use his brain to override his emotions. Vizza is a guy that can start for four years, and barring injury, should start for four years. However, coaches have been known to screw up and play favorites. We'll see what happens.

Vizza is a quarterback. Riley is too little. If he can't get through a playoff game against Abilene without getting injured, how do you think he'll do against real competition?

It's obvious that he came here because his dad might play him at QB. Mack would have had him playing third-team safety and on the special teams at UT. We'll soon see whether TD can use his brain to override his emotions. Vizza is a guy that can start for four years, and barring injury, should start for four years. However, coaches have been known to screw up and play favorites. We'll see what happens.

I think you need to believe in TD's system a little more. I know you're just stating the obvious, but it doesn't sound like you really trust TD's decisions.

I think you need to believe in TD's system a little more. I know you're just stating the obvious, but it doesn't sound like you really trust TD's decisions.

AWESOME

Then I don't guess we should allow that OL from Aledo to walk on since he was injured in a high school ballgame.

TD made the right decision at SLC when Riley was there. Why does everyone think he'll change now? Give the man some credit.

You have never seen Riley play have you? 6-1, 195 vs. 6-0, 183...not much difference.

You have never seen Riley play have you? 6-1, 195 vs. 6-0, 183...not much difference.

I do find it interesting that some people have said Riley is too small for D-1 QB duties yet when you see him standing nose to nose with TD they look each other in the eye. And TD was big enough to play at Texas.

I do find it interesting that some people have said Riley is too small for D-1 QB duties yet when you see him standing nose to nose with TD they look each other in the eye. And TD was big enough to play at Texas.

the game was a little different when dodge was at texas, size and speed matter much more in this day and age, and just because someone was good at one level doesn't always mean they are good at the next. That is why the nfl has the combine to try and sniff out the ryan leafs of the world

the 2005 Trinity Football State Champions had an O-line that averaged a couple more pounds than the famous Hogs of the great Redskins O-lines in the 1980s.

Every 20 years or so (actually probably 10 - 15) you can see a difference in the speed and players thanks to sports science.

It makes the timeless debates of "Best college football teams of all time" and the like almost impossible.

Edited by greenminer

the game was a little different when dodge was at texas, size and speed matter much more in this day and age, and just because someone was good at one level doesn't always mean they are good at the next.

Tell that to Chase Daniel.

how big is he? I am not saying it is always aplicable, i'm just saying it is something that needs to be taken into account. There are those like Flutie who suceed despite their size issues.

how big is he? I am not saying it is always aplicable, i'm just saying it is something that needs to be taken into account. There are those like Flutie who suceed despite their size issues.

How many of you stopped growing at the age of 18? IMHO, after he redshirts and probably backups up GV a couple of years he'll be fine.