Should Unt Consider Justin Willis?

I dont think he would come here regardless of what position he could play, but think of what could have been if a former QB had stuck with this program????

Left corner: Justin Willis

Right corner: Woody Wilson

Strong Safety: Bron Hager

Free Safety: Kartey Agbottah

Drunk in New Orleans: Medpilot21

GMG!!!

Don't forget, 8 hours from bottle to throttle! Or do you have a designated renta-Pilot?

Edited by GreenExes

I suggest you read your own board. Here, I'll help:

ponyinNC wrote:as always, what can go wrong, will go wrong!!!! gotta love how we do things at SMU!!!! excite your fan base with a new coach, and then promptly suspend your franchise QB...

Don't act like its SMU's fault that the "franchise QB" happens to be a punk...[/color]

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31526

I'm sorry the fella fell on hard times, really I am. I wish him the best, just not at UNT!

I've read our Board and I don't agree with that person either! :)

I know nothing about the character of Willis; but he is a heck of a football player, at least against NT. With any semblance of a defense, IMO NT would have easily won last year. NT doesn't need another QB, so I am not sure why this thread is relevant.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by emmitt01

Justin Willis is not a punk. He may have made some poor off field decisions but he is not a bad person. We all hope he will do what it takes to be back in good standing in the Fall.

I have heard he was a great kid in high school and early on at SMU. Sometimes we forget we actually made some pretty stupid decisions in our early years of college too. Hopefully he will do the things necessary to get back on the field.

Unless he transferred to a school like Duke, almost any program he went to, wouldn't be as difficult as SMU. That said, he won't go to a D1 school, because of the loss of a year of eligibility. NT is fine at qb, with Vizza and Dodge.

Don't kid yourself SMU is not that tough of a school.

Edited by Green Gas

Its funny how so many on this board are quick to overlook the problems of some of our players but are just as quick to jump on players from other teams.

Somewhere there’s a man who wrote about Glass Houses laughing away…..

That guy better not be laughing at ME, or I've got a stone with his name on it.

I don't think it would be a good deal for Willis, since he'd have to wait a year to use what little remaining eligibility (1 year?) that he has left.

I don't think it would be a good deal for UNT, since it seems like we're blessed with quarterback talent for the next four years.

If we do have one or two remaining scholarships to give out, I think we have greater needs elsewhere, such as offensive and defensive line.