New Userbars

Smitty

Greetings, folks. Been away awhile, mired in one of those times when the world has been pulling me in a dozen different directions at once, and I've been indulging in Photoshop therapy: just goofing around with the greatest computer program of them all, making graphics with no deadlines. I find userbars to be a nice outlet, and I've made a few. Sixty or so. I lost count.

The standard for userbars is 350 pixels wide, but I made these for gomeangreen.com at 570 pixels wide, which will fit in the message window at 800x600 resolution without widening the message window. I have updated my previous userbars to use the standard userbar font, and I've added a few bits such as the talon claw to the chant userbar.

I've got userbars for fans of every UNT sport and a few individual athletes, including Giovanni Vizza and Casey Fitzgerald. I've got userbars for the music department, the One O'Clock Lab Band, the Green Brigade, and KNTU. There are three for the North Texas Dancers and several for some of UNT's famous exes, including Brave Combo, Peter Weller, Larry McMurtry, Don Henley, and Norah Jones. There's one to declare you're a UNT student or alumni, and a new one for the Pit Crew.

There's even a userbar for TY Sports. About time, too.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Mean Green userbars

im in the same boat i love these but have no clue how to use them.

Click on the userbars link and pick one out.

right click on it, scroll down and click on "properties".

Copy the properties address.

Come back to GMG.com and click on "My Controls" above at the top of any page and click on "Edit Signature" in the left hand column.

A box will appear and click on the link icon above. It looks like a little tiny window picture frame right next to the smiley's icon drop down box.

When you click on the link icon a small box will appear and you paste into that box the properties address which you copied earlier.

Then click OK and your done. It should appear at the bottom of each post.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Thanks Smitty... you rock!!

I have not used GIMP. What do you think of it?

Amazing and free alternative to PS. It could easily handle what you do for gmg.com, however I'm not sure to what extreme you use PS.

I'm not an expert by any means, so I wouldn't know what/if GIMP lacks for the advanced user. FWIW, I've found everything I've ever needed including filters, effects, colors, etc...

Help! I have an iMac and I can't right click! :blink: Does anyone know how to do this on a Mac? Thanks in advance.

GMG!

There is another thing you can do.

1) Drag the image to you desktop

2) Open up a photobucket.com account.

3) Upload the image to photobucket.

4) The image is given an e-mail / IM link, a direct link, a html code, and an image code

5) Copy the Image code. (Should start with %7Boption%7D)

6) On GMG go to My Controls and then Edit Signature

7) Paste the img code

8) Click Update Signature and you should be set.