Unt Selects Firm For Stadium Design

Harry

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can one subscribe to that nationally respected recruiting service called D/RC Recruiting Updates Every Hour On The Hour (and it always being a bit overly too objective about the school in its own hometown? Will the DRC Recruiting Service let us know when some of the other higher rated SBC school's "star'ed players who don't have the grades & can't get into school which will will lower their recruiting grades; anyway, will we get updates on that kind of thing? Probably about the same way they handled another situation that was racially blown out of proportion, too, and that they swept under their D/RC rug as if they had''t puffed that story way out of proportion? If UNT were only located in any other town the size of Denton it would...(you go ahead & finish the sentence). Hint: We would not be on the "100 Year Plan" for success to say the least.

I can still read anything the D/RC has from front to back before bed time & still go to sleep with absolutely nothing on my mind; albeit, my pet parakeet has a different take on that paper when she reads it from high above her perch; that is, the parts that she hasn't (purposely) "white'd" out. :(B)

Let's hope that we do this new football stadium business the right way; you know, the NCAA D1-A way? The Big Boys are getting restless (and greedy) again, folks, and in the past (lest we forget) they have used stadium seating capacity to cull the wheat from the chaffe. Lets not get chaffed (or shafted) this time around.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

If you want to take a look at some of HKS Sports Arena Portfolio, click on the link below. Then hit, Portfolio, then Sports...

http://www.hksinc.com/

I'm impressed. Based on their designs, they seem to have a perfect combination of functionality and aesthetic beauty. I don't know how much our budget will allow for the latter, but I hope at least we can get a loud stadium that gets us close to the action.

I'm impressed. Based on their designs, they seem to have a perfect combination of functionality and aesthetic beauty. I don't know how much our budget will allow for the latter, but I hope at least we can get a loud stadium that gets us close to the action.

Well, if they can't then we might as well stay at Fouts and hand out megaphones and binoculars to all the fans as they come in.

I also like the "whataburger" stadium design. Not the size, but the looks.

And another thing...

Could the "reliefs" of the athletes above the entrances be incorporated into the design of the new stadium ? I know we'd all like to forget about Fouts, but I've always thought those carvings looked handsome.

GO MEAN GREEN

I also like the "whataburger" stadium design. Not the size, but the looks.

And another thing...

Could the "reliefs" of the athletes above the entrances be incorporated into the design of the new stadium ? I know we'd all like to forget about Fouts, but I've always thought those carvings looked handsome.

GO MEAN GREEN

In any situation, I think those reliefs need to be saved as well. I think they should be incorporated in some sort of way if they aren't included with the stadium.

In any situation, I think those reliefs need to be saved as well. I think they should be incorporated in some sort of way if they aren't included with the stadium.

It won't be easy if we go with the more modern architecture designs that stadiums are using.

The reliefs can be used in a fountain or plaza at the new site.

Exactly! Assuming the reliefs could not be used on the stadium exteriour, they can easily design a number of foursided cinder block, stucco finished towers and incorporate the reliefs in them. These towers could be located at the main plaza entrance of the stadium.

The model of the new stadium that is in RV's office is supposed to be an indication of what the "powers to be" feel that the

new stadium will look like. It looks to me that it will be a takeoff of the SMU stadium. The south end of the stadium is

open and the Mean Green office building looks right in to the field.

The preliminary plans (model) is showing 24 private boxes (AC, plush seating, food, etc.) to be sold to various people or

corporations as seen in most of the new professional stadiums. HKS architects is one of the top 10 architectural firms in

the country and they have done many of the prestige projects in America.

My brief viewing of the model gave me the feeling that architecturally it will have a more traditional, solid look, rather than

the look of the metal stands at the south end of Fouts.

It appears that the east side of the stadium, where the terrain is higher, will be "cut down" so that the east side appears to

be at the same level as the west side, which is at a lower elavation. I'm guessing that ACME brick will represent the

exterior since they are donors and are located in Denton. (Acme has supplied all of the brick on the NT campus and wants

to continue this relationship).

The model of the new stadium that is in RV's office is supposed to be an indication of what the "powers to be" feel that the

new stadium will look like. It looks to me that it will be a takeoff of the SMU stadium. The south end of the stadium is

The preliminary plans (model) is showing 24 private boxes (AC, plush seating, food, etc.) to be sold to various people or

corporations as seen in most of the new professional stadiums. HKS architects is one of the top 10 architectural firms in

the country and they have done many of the prestige projects in America.

My brief viewing of the model gave me the feeling that architecturally it will have a more traditional, solid look, rather than

the look of the metal stands at the south end of Fouts.

It appears that the east side of the stadium, where the terrain is higher, will be "cut down" so that the east side appears to

be at the same level as the west side, which is at a lower elavation. I'm guessing that ACME brick will represent the

exterior since they are donors and are located in Denton. (Acme has supplied all of the brick on the NT campus and wants

to continue this relationship).

I still think the Akron stadium is very nice for about the money we are talking about...I would hope RV is aware of this deisgn.. I would think most could be happy with a similar design.

Well, keep in mind that all models and drawings of the past are out the window. While I'd love a brick facade stadium, I am not optimistic that we will be able to do it and keep costs where we want them.

Well, keep in mind that all models and drawings of the past are out the window. While I'd love a brick facade stadium, I am not optimistic that we will be able to do it and keep costs where we want them.

I wouldnt worry about it too much. Of all the new structures built on campus in the past 10-15 years, all of them are very nice. UNT doesnt skimp on design. If it cant be done right, they wont do it.