Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Men!

Belicheck was arrogant and a terrible loser with that stunt he pulled at the end. Carey was telling him there was time left, he kept going, and then was completely out of the tunnel before the Giants even snapped the ball. I will be interested to hear how the national media treats that this week. When I saw that, I was so happy that he lost, he deserved it.

i love the fact that that arrogant ass got beat! good for the giants!!!!!

It was great to see this, what an upset. This was a fantastic nigh and a great end to an awesome season!

OK...so I'm pretty apathetic to the NFL...it was an entertaining game and i am a bit disappointed to not witness history...but supporting the 72 Dolphins? The group of players who get together every season after the last undefeated team falls to celebrate their loss? Thats just classless...and nothing would've satisfied me more to never ever have to hear Mercury Morris rap.

LOVE THIS .... Perfectville --- Population 1 :lol: Long live the '72 Dolphins!!!

---This makes the Dallas loss to the Giants by 4 points a bit better to accept... They just defeated a team with a 18 game winning streak.

---I loved E.Smith comment about the game.... "Defense wins championships, offense puts butts in the seats." The Giant defense was amazing as it was against Dallas also. Brady laughing about the Plexico prediction of holding NE to 17 looks funny now.... LOL ... They only scored 14 and Brady was getting clobbered all day....... As ESPN (Shawn Stansbury) said, a great QB will look very ordinary when facing that kind of pressure. .....

---the Eli to Tyree pass we will see for a long time on NFL films and other places. .. It was amazing on both ends..... Eli should have never escaped the NE defense and then got the pass off and on the other end Tyree catch was absolutely amazing. Often one end of a pass play is amazing but rarely both.

I was pretty ambivalent towards the game, and as such, I have trouble understanding how many people actually found it all that entertaining. I honestly think it has to come from the outcome itself instead of the actual play. The 4th quarter was good, but before that, this was a pretty lame Super Bowl.

And yes, the Giants have to be in that list of worst teams to win a SB, but at least theirs was against the Pats.

MVP to the Giants D-Line, IMO. Might have to share it with the O-Line in this game.

I was pretty ambivalent towards the game, and as such, I have trouble understanding how many people actually found it all that entertaining. I honestly think it has to come from the outcome itself instead of the actual play. The 4th quarter was good, but before that, this was a pretty lame Super Bowl.

And yes, the Giants have to be in that list of worst teams to win a SB, but at least theirs was against the Pats.

MVP to the Giants D-Line, IMO. Might have to share it with the O-Line in this game.

---Back to E.Smith quote again.... offense puts butts in seats. This was not a offensive game ... NY played a hell of a defensive game, . I disagree they were the worst to ever win. They did lose six games----but: two to 13-3 Dallas, one to 13-3 Green Bay, both received NFC byes and were the first NY two games of the season. One to NE (by 3) who was undefeated in regular season, one to Washington (who made the playoffs also), and then there was one unexpected poor loss to Minnesota.

---The Giants won eleven (11) consecutive road games and the final three teams they played in the playoffs... Dallas, Green Bay and New England --- had a combined record of 45-6 prior to playing the Giants. All three of them were revenge games by the Giants for 4 of their 6 losses. They were on the road every one of those and were never favored to win..... but they did. Give them credit. This was not a blooper bowl game of NE mistakes... they took it to them, sacked him 5 times and put Brady on the ground a whole lot of times besides the sacks. Brady had been sacked only 21 times during the 16 game regular season. They are far from the worst team to ever won. The game was a good one... just not the offensive one that we have gotten used to seeing from NE, the Colts, and the Rams.

To many of today's fans often think defense is boring.... a lot of points does not mean great game...and only a few points does not mean poor game. ineptness and dumb turnovers and dumb penalities do. NT scored a lot of points (6 games 27 or more) ... and won TWO games... not a good season.

NY defeated every NFC divison champion except Seattle which they did not play plus they defeated the 18-0 AFC Champion New England which had won 3 of the previous 5 Super Bowls.... That looks fairly convincing to me that they are not the worst to ever win a Super Bowl. .

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I was stoked, but for obviously biased reasons. I know the Eli love fest might be overboard, but it was great to see a Rebel do that on such a large scale. And he played fantastic down the stretch. Flashy? No, but steady and consistent. I'd say he's finally learned to play within himself and manage the game. Great job, and Hotty Toddy! If there is any justification for the love-fest that will take place, it's to make up for the fact he took more harsh criticism and bashing than any other QB in the NFL. And great to see him still calmly handle himself and just give credit to his team. Great job Eli, and great win for the Giants!

Had to be the BEST Super Bowl I have seen in a Looooooooooog time. Sure was nice to see "BeliCheat" and the Pats taken down by a very underratted Giants team. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat Defense against the Pats last night. WOW...I have to wonder what it will be like next year in the NFL East. The East may be a Beast once again.

Way to go Eli and the Giants....Little Brother makes it a double in the Manning household. Great to see...great family...great guys....I loved it!

Now...let's see the Cowboys do it next year!

I said they're among the worst ever (one on the LIST). I just don't consider them a great team. They have an AMAZING D-Line, a decent group of linebackers, and that's about it, and, as has been typical the last few years, early favorites in the NFC have played their worst football late in the season.

It's not that defense is boring. It's that floating duck passes and receivers who can't hold onto the ball for 90% of the game makes for bad football. The Giants D did an outstanding job dominating the LOS, but there were enough mistakes made by both teams for me to consider this a pretty lame Super Bowl.

The New England defense, in its own right, played pretty poorly, which is another reason why I don't think you can point to this just being a defensive game.

I made three trips into town today and each time all I heard on the three radio channels I usually listen to is how this was one of the best Super Bowls in memory. Same for the tv news channels. Last years upset by Boise over zeroU and now this game. The past two seasons has had some great football in college and pro. It's time for the Mean Green to be a part of it in '08.

Rick

---According to ESPN it was the most watched Super Bowl game ever... the previous high was Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh during the 90's. It is also the 2ed highest program ever... the final program of M*A*S*H is first.

To many of today's fans often think defense is boring.... a lot of points does not mean great game...and only a few points does not mean poor game. ineptness and dumb turnovers and dumb penalities do. NT scored a lot of points (6 games 27 or more) ... and won TWO games... not a good season.

I thought the defensive line play of NY was so good, that I thoroughly enjoyed the game.