More On The Lsu Switch (if True)

flyeater

College Football Confidential

UNT could tweak 2008 schedule

UNT's 2008 football nonconference schedule, while yet to be announced, is set...for the moment.

The 2008 opener at national champion LSU on Aug. 30 could be moving but would require string-pulling. LSU, with one open date, apparently wants to play a TV game on Aug. 30 against a better opponent than UNT. The Mean Green has a Sept. 20 open date, but LSU is playing Auburn that day.

To make this work, LSU might need UNT to move its Sept. 13 game at Rice to some other date, if possible. Currently, LSU is showing a "TBA" in its 2008 schedule on Sept. 13. As for UNT-Rice moving to Sept. 20, that wouldn't work; Rice is at Texas that day according to the Longhorns' future schedules.

Right now, UNT is scheduled to host Tulsa on Sept. 6 and play at Kansas State on Sept. 27. LSU has games against Troy and Mississippi State on those dates, respectively.

UNT has already switched 2008 openers once, completing an agreement with Miami (Fla.) to drop an Aug. 30 meeting at Dolphin Stadium, the Hurricanes' new home starting next season.

UNT should announce its 2008 schedule soon.

--Troy Phillips

Unless we are having trouble filling out our schedule, we should hold LSU to this date. I don't want us traveling to LSU in the middle of our conference schedule.

I would prefer to play LSU another week rather than the opener. We haven't had a season opener at home since 2001. :(

I like how we keep getting pimp slapped around by BCS schools... <_<

Well, for an $800,000 plus guarantee from LSU, I guess we (like many other schools besides us) are supposed to just lay back & enjoy it?

Yet with Mean Green recruiting being back on schedule while showing promise that it could get better as each year goes by as well as a new NCAA D1-A football stadium on our horizon, just maybe we can start doing some pimping of our own in due time. :rolleyes: Just so our leaders don't start wearing all that tacky pimp jewelry.

Let's Put The Phrase Body Bag Games In Our Past A.S.A.P. !

GMG!